Vic Godard and the Subway Sect

General music discussion.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Vic Godard and the Subway Sect

Post by laxman »

For those who may be interested, he has been releasing digital download versions of his albums on Bancamp to purchase, one very Friday.

Latest one is Live in Stereo.

JohnS
Long Time Jerk

Re: Vic Godard and the Subway Sect

Post by JohnS »

laxman wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 2:57am
For those who may be interested, he has been releasing digital download versions of his albums on Bancamp to purchase, one very Friday.

Thanks for that laxman, I'll check it out. Vic Godard's got quite a back catalogue these days.

I've just discovered that an old Vic gig is on one of those 'Access All Areas' CD/DVD sets released a while back. You can find these for about £5-6 now, a bargain. There's a really diverse range of acts in the series and some others of interest are Buzzcocks (x2), and The Selecter.
The Demon label website lets you sample some of the video clips bit in Vic's case, they've got the full show...

https://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/catal ... ic-godard/
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Vic Godard and the Subway Sect

Post by laxman »

JohnS wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 5:51am
laxman wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 2:57am

Thanks for that laxman, I'll check it out. Vic Godard's got quite a back catalogue these days.

I've just discovered that an old Vic gig is on one of those 'Access All Areas' CD/DVD sets released a while back. You can find these for about £5-6 now, a bargain. There's a really diverse range of acts in the series and some others of interest are Buzzcocks (x2), and The Selecter.
The Demon label website lets you sample some of the video clips bit in Vic's case, they've got the full show...

https://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/catal ... ic-godard/
I have that CD/DVD set thanks. It's definitely worth having. Edwyn Collins in the band at that time. I'll have a look at the link to the other ones, thanks.

I suspect Vic Godard is a bit of an acquired taste, but I think worth investing the time. A very varied catalogue.