The KISS thread

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The KISS thread

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 7:12am
I got home last night with my girlfriend and she went into the kitchen to make us a drink. I put a music channel on and Krazy Nights by KISS was on. She came back through saying "who's that singing, it sounds like you" lol. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Can't see the resemblance myself!
Did she mean the looks or the voice?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 7:14am
Heston wrote:
I got home last night with my girlfriend and she went into the kitchen to make us a drink. I put a music channel on and Krazy Nights by KISS was on. She came back through saying "who's that singing, it sounds like you" lol. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Can't see the resemblance myself!
Did she mean the looks or the voice?
:lol:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
I think she's breaking up with you. That's clearly laying down a foundation.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Look on the bright side mate it could've been marginally worse. It could've been Starship.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I can hear it. It's uncanny. :shifty:
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 10:25am
I can hear it. It's uncanny. :shifty:
I he's an uncanny lad!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
Heston's actual response:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 12:20am
Heston wrote:
Heston's actual response:
:lol:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I hear more Simonon (if he could carry a tune) in Heston's singing than anything else.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 7:09am
I hear more Simonon (if he could carry a tune) in Heston's singing than anything else.
I come from a long way away!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 7:48am
Silent Majority wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 7:09am
I come from a long way away!
...But this is serious!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

KISS song of the day. Admit it, this is good shit. If it was released in 1970 by a band called Uncle Stanley's Utlity Truck it would be revered to this day.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 8:31pm
KISS song of the day. Admit it, this is good shit. If it was released in 1970 by a band called Uncle Stanley's Utlity Truck it would be revered to this day.

It's basic bar band stuff. It's perfectly fine as background while sitting and drinking with friends, but if you actually focus on it, it's really generic.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 8:36pm
Heston wrote:

It's basic bar band stuff. It's perfectly fine as background while sitting and drinking with friends, but if you actually focus on it, it's really generic.
A bit like CCR then? :shifty:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 8:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 8:36pm
Heston wrote:

A bit like CCR then? :shifty:
Is that what you guys listen to in here.