Star Wars

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Without saying this would have been satisfying or pleasing, this does seem less underwhelming than what we got.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... tor-disney

Most of this is hilaribad, but a Luke movie could be satisfying if treated more like a genuine adventure flick like Solo.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 7:11pm
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... tor-disney

Most of this is hilaribad, but a Luke movie could be satisfying if treated more like a genuine adventure flick like Solo.
what does the helmet thing have to do with the rest of the article?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

For some reason, I cannot open that link at all. I thought maybe it was Canada only until the robot commented.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Huh, strange. Anyway, here's the text:
Star Wars REBOOT: Sequel trilogy could be 'scrapped' as George Lucas 'steps in to direct'

The release of the Rise of Skywalker was met with some criticism.

While a number of fans enjoyed how the film concluded the new trilogy, many fans were not too thrilled by it.

With this in mind, a number of new rumours have been revealed by infamous Star Wars detail leaker Doomcock.

Now, his newest rumours seem to indicate that the latest sequel trilogy will redo everything that was created in the recent films, as well as bring back original Star Wars director George Lucas.

First Doomcock explained that there are supposedly three scenarios being discussed by Disney internally.

These three scenarios are apparently on how to handle the next steps in the Star Wars universe.

"The first scenario is a kind of soft reboot of the sequel trilogy," Doomcock explained. "And is by far the worst option on the table.

"In this scenario they use the 'Veil of the Force' to go back in time and warn Luke not to try and kill Ben Solo."

Of course, if this happened in the narrative, Ben would never become Kylo Ren, and wouldn't destroy multiple planets with Starkiller base.

The leaker also went on to report that a new sequel series is in the works involving Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) set after the original trilogy.

Doomcock continued: "I’m told they are contemplating a new Luke Skywalker movie set 10 years after The Return of the Jedi. Set in The Mandalorian timeline."

This would be a good choice if true, as it could not only team up with the ongoing Mandalorian series, but the forthcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

Doomcock also featured a third scenario in their report, which suggested famed Star Wars director George Lucas would be taking the helm on the franchise once again.

This of course would be monumental for the series, as Lucas hasn't been in charge of the films since 2005's Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

While fans mull over this news, they have also been looking at a plot hole in The Force Awakens.

During the interrogation scene between Kylo Ren and Rey, fans noted that Ren puts his helmet down on a pedestal which seems to disappear.

However, at the time, director J.J. Abrams explained that this was actually cut into a scene from another part of the film .

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly he revealed: "Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the director explained: "The backstory is, that that table has the ashes of the enemies he’s killed.

"That moment was actually shot for, and meant to be used in, the scene where he was talking to the Vader mask."

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Oh. Yeah. That dude is full of shit more often than not.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Flex

Post by Flex »

i mean, there's no way disney isn't going to NOT cook up another trilogy to roll out here soon. but i can't imagine they'd do anything to undermine the profitability of the portions of the star wars IP portfolio. Undermining their recent kajilion dollar movie trilogy with a soft reboot seems like it wouldn't fly.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 10:06pm
i mean, there's no way disney isn't going to NOT cook up another trilogy to roll out here soon. but i can't imagine they'd do anything to undermine the profitability of the portions of the star wars IP portfolio. Undermining their recent kajilion dollar movie trilogy with a soft reboot seems like it wouldn't fly.
If they wanted to reboot, you'd think they'd have done that from the start. No, they'll just keep grafting new parts to the concept, driving nerds crazy looking for continuity errors.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 10:17pm
Flex wrote:
If they wanted to reboot, you'd think they'd have done that from the start. No, they'll just keep grafting new parts to the concept, driving nerds crazy looking for continuity errors.
Yeah. Those movies all made money. Even the “underperforming” ones. And Disney promotes them like crazy still. People genuinely can not grasp that most of the world doesn’t give a shit about their nerd grudges.

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Wolter wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 10:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Yeah. Those movies all made money. Even the “underperforming” ones. And Disney promotes them like crazy still. People genuinely can not grasp that most of the world doesn’t give a shit about their nerd grudges.
Rian Johnson was supposed to direct another trilogy right? Also there's no way they let Lucas back after all that shit with the Whils or whatever. I'd rather see more stuff in the vein of Rogue One, Solo, etc than another big trilogy unless it's set in the Old Republic or something.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Boddington wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 8:55am
Wolter wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 10:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Rian Johnson was supposed to direct another trilogy right? Also there's no way they let Lucas back after all that shit with the Whils or whatever. I'd rather see more stuff in the vein of Rogue One, Solo, etc than another big trilogy unless it's set in the Old Republic or something.
Since the transfer to Disney, I've much preferred the two stand-alone movies. The new trilogy had one really fun movie, one mixed, and one real dud (in that order), so, yeah, more stand-alones. Leave the extended story stuff for tv series, especially given that The Mandalorian has shown that can be done well.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ha: https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/j-j- ... baby-yoda/

Also, The Mandalorian is still everything that's fun about Star Wars without the annoying stuff that appeals to the worst fans.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex

Post by Flex »

Space Guardians of white heritage and culture

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »