Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 1:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 1:22pm
revbob wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 12:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 6:29am
Had a conversation with a dead man in my dreams last night. When I was an undergrad, my apartment was a few blocks away from a house with four friends, three of them from my hometown. I was originally only friends with one of them, but later became good with the others. Haven't kept in touch with any of them since finishing my BA, tho. A couple years or ago, one of them popped into my head so I googled him and found out he'd died less than a year before. The obituary didn't mention illness and I poking around didn't find any accidents, so I wondered if it was suicide. Part of me thought about contacting some people from my hometown, but my motives were ghoulish so I didn't. Anyway, in my dream, I was sitting on the steps of a small town general store (very cinematic) with some others and this guy shows up. After some confusing small talk, I tell him that he's supposed to be dead. He gets very upset and wants to know how and why, and I confess that I don't know. So we start walking along a country road to find out whether he's actually dead.The bulk of our conversation was me trying to calm him down over being dead/not dead.
Sounds a bit Twilight Zoney, you just need a better ending. Go back to sleep and fix it.
Gimme a few more hours and I'll get on that.
You younger folk have zero motivation.
If I make it to my 60s, I promise it'll be different.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 1:59pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Had a conversation with a dead man in my dreams last night. When I was an undergrad, my apartment was a few blocks away from a house with four friends, three of them from my hometown. I was originally only friends with one of them, but later became good with the others. Haven't kept in touch with any of them since finishing my BA, tho. A couple years or ago, one of them popped into my head so I googled him and found out he'd died less than a year before. The obituary didn't mention illness and I poking around didn't find any accidents, so I wondered if it was suicide. Part of me thought about contacting some people from my hometown, but my motives were ghoulish so I didn't. Anyway, in my dream, I was sitting on the steps of a small town general store (very cinematic) with some others and this guy shows up. After some confusing small talk, I tell him that he's supposed to be dead. He gets very upset and wants to know how and why, and I confess that I don't know. So we start walking along a country road to find out whether he's actually dead.The bulk of our conversation was me trying to calm him down over being dead/not dead.
Sounds a bit Twilight Zoney, you just need a better ending. Go back to sleep and fix it.
Sounds like excuses to me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 1:59pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Sounds like excuses to me.
Making excuses is one area of my life where I'm quite productive.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Someone needs to write an anthology series based on Doc's dreams.

All I ever dream about is not being able to find my high school locker.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 10:39am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I had a dream last night. I woke up and was gonna write it down. But then I said nah, I'll remember it was so bizarre how could I forget it.

Well I forgot. I forgot I even had it until reading your post Jenny.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 11:52am
JennyB wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 10:39am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I had a dream last night. I woke up and was gonna write it down. But then I said nah, I'll remember it was so bizarre how could I forget it.

Well I forgot. I forgot I even had it until reading your post Jenny.
I am in constant awe of Doc for having the ability to even remember his intricate dreams.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sounds like a book I'd read. Or write.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sounds like a book I'd read. Or write.
I've become semi-obsessed again to learn how he died, but I won't do the one thing I'd have to—contact someone in my hometown. Part of my curiosity, I think, is an awareness of reaching an age where more of this will start happening. Fifty is still young to die, but it's not as freakish as twenty-five, y'know?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Apparently 3 years ago I had a dream that I was dragging the corpse of Elton John about in a suitcase. It came up on my Facebook memories today but I have no recollection of it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 3:52pm
Apparently 3 years ago I had a dream that I was dragging the corpse of Elton John about in a suitcase. It came up on my Facebook memories today but I have no recollection of it.
Can you go back in time and do it before he turned into such a crappy songwriter. Ive never been a fan but fuck he's dropped some huge loads of shit in the latter years, even if it did chart.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:11pm
Heston wrote:
Can you go back in time and do it before he turned into such a crappy songwriter. Ive never been a fan but fuck he's dropped some huge loads of shit in the latter years, even if it did chart.
So about 1976 then?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:19pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
So about 1976 then?
If not sooner. That would at least spare me "Why they call it the blues and candles in the wind nonsense.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:22pm
Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:19pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
So about 1976 then?
If not sooner. That would at least spare me "Why they call it the blues and candles in the wind nonsense.
Philadelphia Freedom is as late as I go.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:38pm
I'd say he was still a good songwriter through 1976's Blue Moves. After that it's so, so fucking dicey. I don't think he had more than a half-decent single to his name for like two and a half decades at that point. His 2000s albums are mostly pretty good, tho.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:45pm
Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:38pm
I'd say he was still a good songwriter through 1976's Blue Moves. After that it's so, so fucking dicey. I don't think he had more than a half-decent single to his name for like two and a half decades at that point. His 2000s albums are mostly pretty good, tho.
Im going to remain a skeptic and chalk this up to you also liking DMB and Hootie.