revbob wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 10:19am
Heston wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 4:16am
revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 7:11pm
Flex wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 6:39pm
Honestly, not quite as enthused with this heat. Went with Aimee Mann and Babes in Toyland.
Babes in Toyland should be the winner but it will be Shabadoo or some other such nonsense and Shabadoo will win the whole thing.
In other words, something with a tune might win.
Uh no not what I meant at all and iff you're suggesting I only support songs without a tune the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming.
Heston and Hoy both suffer from the notion that the only music that has any tune to it is music they like.
Ahem, I do believe I chose a hip hop song this round (chorus is sorta melodic, but verses certainly are not).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 1 Vote - Round 1a

Post by Heston »

I'm just miffed I'm the only person to vote for "Ever So Lonely". Thought a few of the Limeys may have remembered that one from back in the day. One of the most memorable Top of the Pops moments for a young Heston, though my raging hormones may have been a factor.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 4:11pm
I'm just miffed I'm the only person to vote for "Ever So Lonely". Thought a few of the Limeys may have remembered that one from back in the day. One of the most memorable Top of the Pops moments for a young Heston, though my raging hormones may have been a factor.
Hello,

The Raging Hormones were a great band. I haven't heard from them in a while.....

Heston

Post by Heston »

gkbill wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 4:14pm
Heston wrote:
Hello,

The Raging Hormones were a great band. I haven't heard from them in a while.....
They seem the type of thing Rev might like.... :shifty:

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 4:16pm
gkbill wrote:
Heston wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Oops - they're a real band?

Heston

Post by Heston »

gkbill wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 4:21pm
Heston wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Heston wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Oops - they're a real band?
Watching that clip, maybe not.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Btw, I voted for Holly and the Italians here but I have to say I prefer the Transvision Vamp version.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
Meh :twitch:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Heston wrote:
Hello,

Nah, too much melody.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 5:03pm
Heston wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Heston wrote:
Hello,

Nah, too much melody.
Genuine sustained lol