Garden State Rockers

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
joe darkie
Corner Soul

Garden State Rockers

Post by joe darkie »

I see Rough Trade & others are offering this 1980 concert on limited edition coloured vinyl.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/the-clash ... te-rockers

Pardon my ignorance but is this release be legit ie are the band involved & making money from this ??

101Walterton
The Best

Re: Garden State Rockers

Post by 101Walterton »

No

joe darkie
Corner Soul

Post by joe darkie »

Ok so I guess Im naive about this but how can they get away with selling this ?? It’s not a dodgy bootleg from the back of a van, it’s a £50 product being sold in all good record shops etc etc..

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

joe darkie wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 12:22pm
Ok so I guess Im naive about this but how can they get away with selling this ?? It’s not a dodgy bootleg from the back of a van, it’s a £50 product being sold in all good record shops etc etc..
There is a whole series of them, lost count of the number I have seen. Not just The Clash either lots of other bands being booted live.

To answer your question, I don’t know. Probably too hard / expensive?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

joe darkie wrote:
I don't think unreleased live stuff would be taking revenue away from the band unlike, say, t-shirts would. So probably not worth chasing up..
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 3:52pm
joe darkie wrote:
I don't think unreleased live stuff would be taking revenue away from the band unlike, say, t-shirts would. So probably not worth chasing up..
If Sony was actually bothering to administer the band's legacy correctly by releasing official live shows, it might be another matter, but I imagine the cost of following up at this point would just be money down the drain for a symbolic victory.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

joe darkie wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 1:37am
I see Rough Trade & others are offering this 1980 concert on limited edition coloured vinyl.

Pardon my ignorance but is this release be legit ie are the band involved & making money from this ??
Isn’t this just another audio rip of the house-recorded video?

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 4:44pm
Heston wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 3:52pm
joe darkie wrote:
If Sony was actually bothering to administer the band's legacy correctly by releasing official live shows, it might be another matter, but I imagine the cost of following up at this point would just be money down the drain for a symbolic victory.
Sadly correct.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 4:47pm
joe darkie wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 1:37am

Isn’t this just another audio rip of the house-recorded video?
I'd bet my life on it.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

There's a soundboard CD readily available rather than ripping the audio from DVD