Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 8:12am
Rock band Smash Mouth performed to a packed crowd of hundreds during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

No updates from Flex though?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/11/ente ... index.html

I love that the Sioux said a giant fuck you to all the red neck bikers who thought they could just ride thru their territory.
It does answer the question: What kind of person would risk their health, even life, to see Smash Mouth?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
Rock band Smash Mouth performed to a packed crowd of hundreds during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

I love that the Sioux said a giant fuck you to all the red neck bikers who thought they could just ride thru their territory.
I shall die as I lived: spreading communicable diseases at smash mouth concerts
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 9:01am
revbob wrote:

It does answer the question: What kind of person would risk their health, even life, to see Smash Mouth?
Also, with the residuals from All Star, do they even need to play concerts anymore? I can't imagine, apart from Flex, that they have a Greatful Dead style fan base.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 11:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 9:01am
revbob wrote:

Also, with the residuals from All Star, do they even need to play concerts anymore? I can't imagine, apart from Flex, that they have a Greatful Dead style fan base.
An unassuageable need to demonstrate their contempt for art and humanity?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

So one twat gets the virus and we are immediately put into Level 3 lockdown ☹️

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 1:07am
I thought you were all living in a bubble still.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 1:07am
This is how the states should have done it right off the bat.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Unsurprising News Department …
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coronavi ... ab17aea1be

Christ, when my school decided back in May that fall courses would be online, it seemed such a duh moment to me. This really has heightened distinctions between Canada and the US. It's not just Trump to blame here, but a larger cultural attitude of those in charge of institutions that don't understand and/or don't care about public health.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 7:06pm

Christ, when my school decided back in May that fall courses would be online, it seemed such a duh moment to me. This really has heightened distinctions between Canada and the US. It's not just Trump to blame here, but a larger cultural attitude of those in charge of institutions that don't understand and/or don't care about public health.
"The finger thing means the money."
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

My niece left this morning for her freshman year at University of Colorado. They are still planning on having some in-person classes. My prediction is that she will be home by the end of September.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 10:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

My niece left this morning for her freshman year at University of Colorado. They are still planning on having some in-person classes. My prediction is that she will be home by the end of September.
It's so goddamned myopic, and so unnecessary. Fifteen, twenty years ago, we didn't have the technology to deliver course material online. We do now, so let's take advantage. As I' mentioned before, if I'm given the option to teach online in January—and I'd be surprised if I didn't; hell, I still think in-person classes will also be cancelled for Winter term—I'll be taking it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 11:08am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's so goddamned myopic, and so unnecessary. Fifteen, twenty years ago, we didn't have the technology to deliver course material online. We do now, so let's take advantage. As I' mentioned before, if I'm given the option to teach online in January—and I'd be surprised if I didn't; hell, I still think in-person classes will also be cancelled for Winter term—I'll be taking it.
They shouldn't be in person until there is a vaccine. Period.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 12:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

My sister dropped her kid yesterday.

For high school we had options of go to school 2 days a week M,Th or Tue,F with Wednesday a deep clean. The other option was remote learning. My son said he really didn't care. He's gonna be remote.

My daughter has one class she is signed up for and that university is all in person.

This thing is gonna ravish this nation if people dont smarten up.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 3:35pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 12:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

My sister dropped her kid yesterday.

For high school we had options of go to school 2 days a week M,Th or Tue,F with Wednesday a deep clean. The other option was remote learning. My son said he really didn't care. He's gonna be remote.

My daughter has one class she is signed up for and that university is all in person.

This thing is gonna ravish this nation if people dont smarten up.
Option A.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Distressing if true, as it would suggest that the virus could be airborne for an hour.
https://time.com/5883081/covid-19-transmitted-aerosols/