A Song For Joe 21 August 2020 - mp3 version

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
ic1960
Dirty Punk

A Song For Joe 21 August 2020 - mp3 version

Post by ic1960 »

I had planned to sort this out at the weekend but life took a different turn when the tragic news of Walter Lure's untimely death broke late on Saturday evening. Much of my time was then absorbed with writing a piece about Walter for louderthanwar.com
(https://louderthanwar.com/walter-lure-a ... nt-6827612). However I have finally made my way through the file and sorted a tracked version. Some great stuff in here and the odd duffer.....but who I am I to judge? Well done Jesse for pulling this together.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/64qbbgo ... .08.20.7z

Intro – Joe Strummer
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Police On My Back
Jesse Malin - message
The Interrupters - Get Down Moses
Bruce Springsteen - Message
Jeff Tweedy - Death or Glory
Spider Stacy - Message
Tom Morello - Bankrobber
Fred Armisen - Message
Jesse Malin - Johnny Appleseed
Richard Dudanski - Message
Hinds - Spanish Bombs
Albert Hammond Jr. - Message
H.R. - Message
The Hold Steady - Washington Bullets
Shepard Fairey - Message
Jesse Dayton - Janie Jones
Beto O'Rourke - Message
Joe Ely - I Fought the Law
Cait O'Riordan - Message
Brian Fallon - Long Shadow
Bob Gruen - Message
Cherry Glazerr - Charlie Don't Surf
Sara Driver - Message
Dropkick Murphys - Tommy Gun
Dhani Harrison - Message
Nikolai Fraiture - Police and Thieves
Matt Pinfield - Message
Butch Walker - London Calling
Jesse Malin – Message
Joe Strummer
Josh Homme & Troy Van Leeuwen - Train in Vain
Ray Gange - Message
Frank Turner - (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais
DJ Scratchy - Message
Josh Klinghoffer - Rudy Can't Fail
Josh Cheuse - Message
Lyza Jane & C.C. Adcock - Silver and Gold
Jim Jarmusch - Message
Lucinda Williams - Straight to Hell
Dave Hause - Coma Girl
Eugene Hutz - Raw Grace in Your Face (Everything Joe Said)
Bob Weir - Message
Bob Weir & Jesse Malin - Death or Glory
Steve Buscemi - Message
Jesse Malin - Message
Matt Dillon - Message

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: A Song For Joe 21 August 2020 - mp3 version

Post by Marky Dread »

ic1960 wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 6:39am
I had planned to sort this out at the weekend but life took a different turn when the tragic news of Walter Lure's untimely death broke late on Saturday evening. Much of my time was then absorbed with writing a piece about Walter for louderthanwar.com
(https://louderthanwar.com/walter-lure-a ... nt-6827612). However I have finally made my way through the file and sorted a tracked version. Some great stuff in here and the odd duffer.....but who I am I to judge? Well done Jesse for pulling this together.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/64qbbgo ... .08.20.7z

Intro – Joe Strummer
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Police On My Back
Jesse Malin - message
The Interrupters - Get Down Moses
Bruce Springsteen - Message
Jeff Tweedy - Death or Glory
Spider Stacy - Message
Tom Morello - Bankrobber
Fred Armisen - Message
Jesse Malin - Johnny Appleseed
Richard Dudanski - Message
Hinds - Spanish Bombs
Albert Hammond Jr. - Message
H.R. - Message
The Hold Steady - Washington Bullets
Shepard Fairey - Message
Jesse Dayton - Janie Jones
Beto O'Rourke - Message
Joe Ely - I Fought the Law
Cait O'Riordan - Message
Brian Fallon - Long Shadow
Bob Gruen - Message
Cherry Glazerr - Charlie Don't Surf
Sara Driver - Message
Dropkick Murphys - Tommy Gun
Dhani Harrison - Message
Nikolai Fraiture - Police and Thieves
Matt Pinfield - Message
Butch Walker - London Calling
Jesse Malin – Message
Joe Strummer
Josh Homme & Troy Van Leeuwen - Train in Vain
Ray Gange - Message
Frank Turner - (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais
DJ Scratchy - Message
Josh Klinghoffer - Rudy Can't Fail
Josh Cheuse - Message
Lyza Jane & C.C. Adcock - Silver and Gold
Jim Jarmusch - Message
Lucinda Williams - Straight to Hell
Dave Hause - Coma Girl
Eugene Hutz - Raw Grace in Your Face (Everything Joe Said)
Bob Weir - Message
Bob Weir & Jesse Malin - Death or Glory
Steve Buscemi - Message
Jesse Malin - Message
Matt Dillon - Message
Nice write up on Waldo mate. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

ic1960
Dirty Punk

Post by ic1960 »

Cheers Marky...appreciate that....Waldo was carrying a very large flag which has now been taken down and that hurts right now. The Heartbreakers were a huge band for me and for many. And he was such a nice guy to go with it. Big loss.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

ic1960 wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 7:18pm
Cheers Marky...appreciate that....Waldo was carrying a very large flag which has now been taken down and that hurts right now. The Heartbreakers were a huge band for me and for many. And he was such a nice guy to go with it. Big loss.
I love The Heartbreakers great band. Got all the releases. Saw JT live a couple of times. All sadly missed. I hope David J and Syl do some more Dolls stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

ic1960
Dirty Punk

Post by ic1960 »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 7:24pm
ic1960 wrote:
I love The Heartbreakers great band. Got all the releases. Saw JT live a couple of times. All sadly missed. I hope David J and Syl do some more Dolls stuff.
I saw JT 20 times in all and still miss his unpredictable yet incendiary live shows. The Dolls reunion shows were great and managed to see quite a few plus a couple of dates on Syls last solo tour. I dont think there will ever be any more Dolls shows especially with Syl battling cancer at the moment. He is doing OK but its really going to take the stuffing out of him and I doubt he will ever hit these shores again I'm afraid. But we can but hope...he loves what he does and is a fighter.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

ic1960 wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 7:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
ic1960 wrote:
I saw JT 20 times in all and still miss his unpredictable yet incendiary live shows. The Dolls reunion shows were great and managed to see quite a few plus a couple of dates on Syls last solo tour. I dont think there will ever be any more Dolls shows especially with Syl battling cancer at the moment. He is doing OK but its really going to take the stuffing out of him and I doubt he will ever hit these shores again I'm afraid. But we can but hope...he loves what he does and is a fighter.
That's sad about Syl hope he manages to stay strong.

I have just ordered a 3 CD version of JTs Que Sera Sera which is out next month. Remixed by ex Vibrator Pat Collier with the guitar up fully in the mix. So I'm looking forward to that dropping Sept 11th.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

ic1960
Dirty Punk

Post by ic1960 »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 7:39pm
ic1960 wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 7:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
ic1960 wrote:
That's sad about Syl hope he manages to stay strong.

I have just ordered a 3 CD version of JTs Que Sera Sera which is out next month. Remixed by ex Vibrator Pat Collier with the guitar up fully in the mix. So I'm looking forward to that dropping Sept 11th.
Yes I'm in for that one as well......great album which may sound even better!

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

ic1960 wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 6:39am
(https://louderthanwar.com/walter-lure-a ... nt-6827612).
A nice article about Walter. I read it via a link I saw on Facebook.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Walter's loss is definitely huge -- I always appreciated his perspective, which seemed the most rational and adult of the guys, in my opinion. Johnny T. and the HBs were (and are) a big band for me. I remember going out and getting So Alone and In Style in quick succession, and spending much of my high school time in '78-'79 grooving to both of them. I ended up getting them after reading reviews in Rolling Stone and that arch-establishment bastion, TIME magazine, respectively (which my dad read week in and week out, and then I'd read his copy, once he'd finished).

I actually had tickets to see Johnny at the Marquee in April 1990, which came near the end of my six-month tenure in London, but -- wouldn't ya know it -- he canceled! :mrgreen: If I recall correctly, he came back a month later to make up the date, but that came too late for me to capitalize on the opportunity.

Closest I've ever gotten to seeing any Dolls, other than interviewing a bunch of 'em on the phone, was the Glen Matlock/Syl Sylvain (Sex Dolls) acoustic tour of 2014, which remains a highlight of my concertgoing life. You can see my writeup here (just scroll down the page, about halfway, and you'll see it, plus some cool photos to go with):

http://chairmanralph.com/gignotesandreviews/

I didn't know about the three-CD Que Sera, Sera reissue, but I guess I'll have to save something up for that one, too. It's a great album, and I'd love to hear what didn't make it on there, even though the stuff we was got was great.