Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
ic1960
Dirty Punk

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by ic1960 »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 1:34pm
A little something for the weekend.

Note: I have made an edit to remove the reference to Koka Kola as the song sadly was not played by the radio station. But should've been after "Somebody Got Murdered" and "I Fought the Law". All that was aired was Joe saying "Coke Adds Life" and then the end of the track where Joe shouts "Hit the Deck" before "I Fought the Law" kicks in. This flows better.

https://mega.nz/file/VRhxRKBb#9pWP9y4ay ... dQ32lPK0B0

Every Clash fan should have this in their collection.
Thanks Marky, this has always been on my playlist so look forward to the new and enhanced version.....much appreciated as ever.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

ic1960 wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 4:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 1:34pm
A little something for the weekend.

Note: I have made an edit to remove the reference to Koka Kola as the song sadly was not played by the radio station. But should've been after "Somebody Got Murdered" and "I Fought the Law". All that was aired was Joe saying "Coke Adds Life" and then the end of the track where Joe shouts "Hit the Deck" before "I Fought the Law" kicks in. This flows better.

https://mega.nz/file/VRhxRKBb#9pWP9y4ay ... dQ32lPK0B0

Every Clash fan should have this in their collection.
Thanks Marky, this has always been on my playlist so look forward to the new and enhanced version.....much appreciated as ever.
Got great sound on this one. Might be my favourite Mick guitar sound.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

Thanks so much for this San Antonio remaster. The 1983 Clash shows are some of my favorites, I think the Joe/Mick/Paul/Pete line-up sounded really good. I think had this line-up stuck together, they could have taken over the 1980's, but it wasn't meant to be. When me and my Dad visited San Antonio a few years ago, we checked out the Majestic Theater. It's a really cool, medium sized venue that's only a few blocks away from The Alamo. Looked like the perfect spot for The Clash to play.
20180313_111034.jpg

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

GotGameGreggy wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 5:59pm
Thanks so much for this San Antonio remaster. The 1983 Clash shows are some of my favorites, I think the Joe/Mick/Paul/Pete line-up sounded really good. I think had this line-up stuck together, they could have taken over the 1980's, but it wasn't meant to be. When me and my Dad visited San Antonio a few years ago, we checked out the Majestic Theater. It's a really cool, medium sized venue that's only a few blocks away from The Alamo. Looked like the perfect spot for The Clash to play. 20180313_111034.jpg
Yeah Pete wasn't a good as Topper but he was a solid drummer. Gave some meat to the backbone.
Always best to visit venues prior to having a drink. ;)
Attachments
20200828_230445.jpg
20200828_230445.jpg (357.75 KiB) Viewed 2816 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

york
Corner Soul

Post by york »

yes, Rettel is a must have, guitar/guitar solo Guns of Brixton don't get out of my ears, wouw, thanks Marky!

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 6:07pm
GotGameGreggy wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 5:59pm
Thanks so much for this San Antonio remaster. The 1983 Clash shows are some of my favorites, I think the Joe/Mick/Paul/Pete line-up sounded really good. I think had this line-up stuck together, they could have taken over the 1980's, but it wasn't meant to be. When me and my Dad visited San Antonio a few years ago, we checked out the Majestic Theater. It's a really cool, medium sized venue that's only a few blocks away from The Alamo. Looked like the perfect spot for The Clash to play. 20180313_111034.jpg
Yeah Pete wasn't a good as Topper but he was a solid drummer. Gave some meat to the backbone.
Always best to visit venues prior to having a drink. ;)
I was 19 at the time I visited San Antonio, so not quite old enough to drink (legally) here in the states. But I had a great time. Not sure why that picture showed up sideways on here, I might be good at YouTube, but I'm still getting the hang of this site ;)

york
Corner Soul

Post by york »

"Might be my favourite Mick guitar sound" - my too, next to Shibuya Kokaido.
cheers York

KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by KCportland »

Listening to these 83 shows, man...they were good then. Pete was a fabulous match for that frontline. Topper's human metronome thing was a huge asset but it also would often let Mick and Joe off the hook for remembering where the hell they were in a song. Pete hammers the cues so hard that it really keeps Mick's guitar disciplined and Joe doesn't get lost. Tuscon is especially great.

What coulda been....

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

The '83 "tour" had great setlists. It was like the Clash's imperial phase, except it only lasted a few weeks! I also prefer Topper, but agree that Pete was very good.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

The '83 "tour" had great setlists. It was like the Clash's imperial phase, except it only lasted a few weeks! I also prefer Topper, but agree that Pete was very good.
Yeah, they did. I love those shows, too -- it seemed like they were finding new avenues to explore, but that all got shut down by the subsequent events, of course. Seeing Pete at MSU in '84 left all of us who went thinking he was the best of both worlds -- someone who definitely had Topper's rhythmic deftness, and could swing when the song required it, but also hard-hitting and direct, too. We all left thinking the world of his abilities in those areas.

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

KCportland wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 10:06pm
Listening to these 83 shows, man...they were good then. Pete was a fabulous match for that frontline. Topper's human metronome thing was a huge asset but it also would often let Mick and Joe off the hook for remembering where the hell they were in a song. Pete hammers the cues so hard that it really keeps Mick's guitar disciplined and Joe doesn't get lost. Tuscon is especially great.

What coulda been....
The Tucson show might just have the best performances of Radio Clash and Magnificent Seven that I've ever heard. It's crazy that was Mick's second to last show, they sounded on fire that night.

KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by KCportland »

GotGameGreggy wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 11:00pm
KCportland wrote:

What coulda been....
The Tucson show might just have the best performances of Radio Clash and Magnificent Seven that I've ever heard. It's crazy that was Mick's second to last show, they sounded on fire that night.
It's shot up the list of my favorite clash boots pretty quick here. The Tuscon Straight to Hell is maybe the ultimate live version of that song. Mick and Pete are absolutely locked in. So good!

All thanks to Marky for all the excellent audio!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

KCportland wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 1:03am
GotGameGreggy wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 11:00pm
KCportland wrote:

What coulda been....
It's shot up the list of my favorite clash boots pretty quick here. The Tuscon Straight to Hell is maybe the ultimate live version of that song. Mick and Pete are absolutely locked in. So good!

All thanks to Marky for all the excellent audio!
This is great all this talk about these shows getting some respect. :cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

100 Club from August has never sounded better. Especially the drums. Thank you once again.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 4:51pm
100 Club from August has never sounded better. Especially the drums. Thank you once again.
Cheers Teddy. Those early shows do have a certain charm.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia