Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 5:12am
Something that irritated me a little while following the reports/debates about the Kenosha shooting was the amount of German names I noticed. It appears to be a German American stronghold, Wisconsin.
Yeah upper mid-west.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 9:17am
Olaf wrote:
Something that irritated me a little while following the reports/debates about the Kenosha shooting was the amount of German names I noticed. It appears to be a German American stronghold, Wisconsin.
Yeah upper mid-west.
Serious northern European settlement there. More Scandi as you head west to the Dakotas.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 10:02am
revbob wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Yeah upper mid-west.
Serious northern European settlement there. More Scandi as you head west to the Dakotas.
Yeah there's a reason that Milwaukee was/is a brewery town.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 11:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 10:02am
revbob wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Yeah upper mid-west.
Yeah there's a reason that Milwaukee was/is a brewery town.
And why white people in the Dakotas experience no joy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Neighbor does online exercise classes from her garage. Lots of WHOOPS and what not, initially sounds like someone might be getting attacked or having sex ike Ive only ever dreamed about.

Times like this are meant for death metal.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 8:12pm
Neighbor does online exercise classes from her garage. Lots of WHOOPS and what not, initially sounds like someone might be getting attacked or having sex ike Ive only ever dreamed about.

Exercise should be pursued stoically, with a bit of visible annoyance. That's what my Northern European heritage tells me, anyway.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 5:27pm
revbob wrote:

Exercise should be pursued stoically, with a bit of visible annoyance. That's what my Northern European heritage tells me, anyway.
I certainly resent my exercise time. It's worth probably 70% of my Sunday night anxiety.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 2:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I certainly resent my exercise time. It's worth probably 70% of my Sunday night anxiety.
I've achieved the level of routine that my day feels off if I don't exercise. When I have my eye surgery—two weeks from today!—I can't do anything more than go for a walk for a week. So I'll definitely be walking those days.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 2:34pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I've achieved the level of routine that my day feels off if I don't exercise. When I have my eye surgery—two weeks from today!—I can't do anything more than go for a walk for a week. So I'll definitely be walking those days.
I definitely have that too, it's just the anticipation of my upcoming obligations to myself since I'm a real taskmaster. I actually may not get to do anything this week because of the smoke though.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 2:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I definitely have that too, it's just the anticipation of my upcoming obligations to myself since I'm a real taskmaster. I actually may not get to do anything this week because of the smoke though.
It's a big reason why I hate travel and vacations and the like. All I see is lost rowing/biking days.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 3:15pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's a big reason why I hate travel and vacations and the like. All I see is lost rowing/biking days.
Cough cough humble cough brag cough cough.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 3:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Ha! No, I wish I could relax and not be so bound to my routines. I'm sure I'd be happier overall if I could enjoy a bit more spontaneity in my life.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 4:48pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

...takes off his ahirt, stretches his arms and says...
Ha! No, I wish I could relax and not be so bound to my routines. I'm sure I'd be happier overall if I could enjoy a bit more spontaneity in my life.
...flexes in mirror.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 5:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 4:48pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

...takes off his ahirt, stretches his arms and says...
...flexes in mirror.
*dies in embarrassment at the thought*