The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Mark Trail Thread of Punching Justice and Smug Life Lessons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm despairing that Mark's not going to go to New York to accept his award and punch people.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 8:20am
I'm despairing that Mark's not going to go to New York to accept his award and punch people.
Yeah if you were going to end it go oit with a bang.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That big talking building in the city that employs Mark to write nature stories might be alarmed to learn that he think dogs and cats are like insects and can crawl under rocks for protection.

(If people haven't been keeping up with the story, you're much smarter than me. Andy and the new cat went off into the woods and met up with some wild dogs. Andy fought them off but is drained. Then it started to rain and the two found shelter in a deer trap. This storyline is crazy boring.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 8:01am
That big talking building in the city that employs Mark to write nature stories might be alarmed to learn that he think dogs and cats are like insects and can crawl under rocks for protection.

(If people haven't been keeping up with the story, you're much smarter than me. Andy and the new cat went off into the woods and met up with some wild dogs. Andy fought them off but is drained. Then it started to rain and the two found shelter in a deer trap. This storyline is crazy boring.)
I had to go back and read this. This is the first time in my life I've heard of a deer trap. And he pretty much repeated the text from the last panel in the friday strip to the 1st panel in the Saturday strip.

Also what really happened is Rusty has started listening to heavy metal and he tortured and dismembered Andy and Tabby.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 8:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 8:01am

I had to go back and read this. This is the first time in my life I've heard of a deer trap. And he pretty much repeated the text from the last panel in the friday strip to the 1st panel in the Saturday strip.

Also what really happened is Rusty has started listening to heavy metal and he tortured and dismembered Andy and Tabby.
Re-reading the last panel, I think Mark is muttering his dialogue. "Stupid fucking animals, I hate them all."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Are we meant to think that Cherry believes those deer are look for Andy and New Cat? I guess in a world where buildings talk and insects can be as big as trucks, anything is possible.

Also, this story is torturous. I don't care if the last guy was a Trumpist asshole, at least he provided fuel for our MT snark habit.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

The police just called to say Rusty is in custody again. The cops found him with a needle in his arm back behind the general store and there was blood, lots of blood (not Rusty's). Cherry is saying I better make pancakes...lots of pancakes.
Meanwhile...
a giant beaver spots his next victim.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 8:49am

The police just called to say Rusty is in custody again. The cops found him with a needle in his arm back behind the general store and there was blood, lots of blood (not Rusty's). Cherry is saying I better make pancakes...lots of pancakes.
Meanwhile...
We're so far away from that beautiful universe. I mean, did Mark even punch anyone back in the … whenever this originally ran?

Also:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:

Meanwhile...
I see Mark only cares about Andy. He would probably go and receive his award if it was only Tabby, but Andy...that's just too much for him.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 9:38am
revbob wrote:

Meanwhile...
I see Mark only cares about Andy. He would probably go and receive his award if it was only Tabby, but Andy...that's just too much for him.
Yeah there's a reason there wasn't any cats there before Mark hates cats. He usually drowns them in the lake.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Look at Mark's pose in Panel 3. Keep looking. Keep looking. Eventually it becomes funny as hell. Or maybe because I'm thinking of Choo Choo the Herky Jerky Dancer.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 8:09am
Look at Mark's pose in Panel 3. Keep looking. Keep looking. Eventually it becomes funny as hell. Or maybe because I'm thinking of Choo Choo the Herky Jerky Dancer.
Again, no apparent concern for Tabby.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 9:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, Mark is losing me in this story over his feline apathy.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 10:14am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Apathy, he hates cats.

When I was in high school I worked in a state run camp ground and people would leave cats/litters of kittens there. It was pretty far from anything else, not quite lost forrest but away from where any people lived. Im pretty sure my boss who lived on site would kill them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 10:42am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 10:14am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Apathy, he hates cats.

When I was in high school I worked in a state run camp ground and people would leave cats/litters of kittens there. It was pretty far from anything else, not quite lost forrest but away from where any people lived. Im pretty sure my boss who lived on site would kill them.
I'm officially on Team Dirty Dyer. :angry: