MLB 2020

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A Jays fan friend tried to give me the gears a bit about the five-game series against Boston going on. I told him that the possibility of Toronto passing the Yankees plus the Red Sox getting the #1 draft pick has me a Jays fan this weekend.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

😎

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 9:48pm
😎
Thia is why Ratty isn't here anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 10:44am
Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
They have fallen apart this year with the injuries and the bullpen is for shit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is Boone's job at risk if they bow out meekly in the postseason? (I assume they make the postseason because they just have to finish ahead of the Mariners and Baltimore.) Does Cashman do a minor teardown to retool? Like, Stanton and Judge are scary as hell when healthy, but the evidence is getting stronger that even getting a third of a season where each is healthy is the best you can hope for. Trading them would be ballsy as fuck, but would net a solid return, I would think. But Cashman has an allergy to making deals where the other side isn't left feeling abused, so I don't think he could trade players that good.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:53am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is Boone's job at risk if they bow out meekly in the postseason? (I assume they make the postseason because they just have to finish ahead of the Mariners and Baltimore.) Does Cashman do a minor teardown to retool? Like, Stanton and Judge are scary as hell when healthy, but the evidence is getting stronger that even getting a third of a season where each is healthy is the best you can hope for. Trading them would be ballsy as fuck, but would net a solid return, I would think. But Cashman has an allergy to making deals where the other side isn't left feeling abused, so I don't think he could trade players that good.
Yeah, who knows. I would be okay trading Stanton but would like them to hold on to Judge and maybe start using him more as a DH or 1B

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 12:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, who knows. I would be okay trading Stanton but would like them to hold on to Judge and maybe start using him more as a DH or 1B
If you want to get a sense of how shitty the Yankees are this season, if you take away the games the Yankees and Red Sox have played against each other this season—i.e., their record against the rest of the leagues—the Yankees are 14–21 and the Red Sox are 15-22. So basically the same outhouse.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 1:31pm
revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 12:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If you want to get a sense of how shitty the Yankees are this season, if you take away the games the Yankees and Red Sox have played against each other this season—i.e., their record against the rest of the leagues—the Yankees are 14–21 and the Red Sox are 15-22. So basically the same outhouse.
Started strong and have since fizzled.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/nyy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

DJ LeFlex, Voit and Frazier are the only ones hitting worth a damn. And DJ is 90 points better than the other two.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

the Rays are starting 9 left handed bats today, 1st time in MLB history
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 4:18pm
the Rays are starting 9 left handed bats today, 1st time in MLB history
This would mean more if they were still the Devil Rays.