12 Sep 2020, 8:14am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 8:17am
Rockaway Beach
Sheena Is a Punk Rocker
Teenage Lobotomy
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
I Don't Care

If "It's a Long Way Back to Germany" had been on the record, it would push the bottom two down.
It's on the follow up album. It's a great track though. Was it due to be on Rocket to Russia?
It's on the 2001 Reissue of Rocket to Russia, as a b-side from that time.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 8:30am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 8:14am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 8:17am
Rockaway Beach
Sheena Is a Punk Rocker
Teenage Lobotomy
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
I Don't Care

If "It's a Long Way Back to Germany" had been on the record, it would push the bottom two down.
It's on the follow up album. It's a great track though. Was it due to be on Rocket to Russia?
It's on the 2001 Reissue of Rocket to Russia, as a b-side from that time.
Yeah I've got that cd. It was one of the B-sides to "Do You Wanna Dance" with "Cretin Hop". It's a different version to the one on "Road to Ruin" with the shorter title.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Tom's up this week...

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 7:30am
Tom's up this week...
Will post in the hour.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Top 5 tracks as recommended by fellow IMCT members. With the new challenge thread, got me thinking, what are 5 top tracks/albums/bands a fellow IMCT-er has introduced to you? If it's a band, or album, choose your favourite from theirs.

I'm going to mark B.A.D as read for me as it would just fill my 5 easily.

No Action - Elvis Costello & The Attractions. From a top 5 suggested by Marky ranking the top tracks from This Year's Model. Fantastic track and great album.

Ghosts of Cable Street - The Men They Couldn't Hang. One of Marky's choices in the challenge thread. Heard it hundreds of times since first play a few weeks back. This ticks all the boxes for me, perfect track.

The Agenda - Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics. Revbob shared this with me, love its chilled groove and excellent vocals.

The Free Electric Band - Albert Hammond. One from Heston. This was one from a seven song shuffle. Such a brilliant song and that chorus never fails to fill me with joy.

I'm Looking Through You - The Beatles. James suggested Rubber Soul to listen to and it's become one of my favourites ever since. A few greats on there to choose from but have to go with this, exceptional.
Last edited by BitterTom on 17 Sep 2020, 8:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 8:23am
Top 5 tracks as recommended by fellow IMCT members. With the new challenge thread, got me thinking, what are 5 top tracks/albums/bands a fellow IMCT-er has introduced to you? If it's a band, or album, choose your favourite from theirs.

No Action - Elvis Costello & The Attractions. From a top 5 suggested by Marky ranking the top tracks from This Year's Model. Fantastic track and great album.

Ghosts of Cable Street - The Men They Couldn't Hang. One of Marky's choices in the challenge thread. Heard it hundreds of times since first play a few weeks back. This ticks all the boxes for me, perfect track.

The Agenda - Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics. Revbob shared this with me, love its chilled groove and excellent vocals.

The Free Electric Band - Albert Hammond. Marky again. This was one from a seven song shuffle. Such a brilliant song and that chorus never fails to fill me with joy.

I'm Looking Through You - The Beatles. James suggested Rubber Soul to listen to and it's become one of my favourites ever since. A few greats on there to choose from but have to go with this, exceptional.
Cable Street has also had lots of airplay from me, what a thumpingly great song it is. Agreed about Free Electric Band, the greatest song the Who never released. Will have to have a think on this one, good question.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 8:31am
BitterTom wrote:

The Free Electric Band - Albert Hammond. Marky again. This was one from a seven song shuffle. Such a brilliant song and that chorus never fails to fill me with joy.

Cable Street has also had lots of airplay from me, what a thumpingly great song it is. Agreed about Free Electric Band, the greatest song the Who never released. Will have to have a think on this one, good question.
Apologies it was you who introduced Free Electric Band to me looking back.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
Cool idea Tom. This is gonna require some thinking. I got 3 in mind, gonna try not to give too much cred to Marky because could easily have 5 from him

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 8:32am
Heston wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 8:31am
BitterTom wrote:

Apologies it was you who introduced Free Electric Band to me looking back.
Ah right, I hadn't realised. I first heard that track on Pick of the Pops about 20 years ago, can't believe it doesn't get more airplay on the classic stations.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

1. The Panic Report - Up and Down Hills. Heston - how a man who likes KISS can come up with something this melancholic and awesome God only knows. One of the finest songs I've ever heard.

2. Ruby Velle & The Soulphonics - Medicine Spoon. Revbob - fantastic voice great 70s groove. Blinding!

3.. Etubom Rex Williams & His Nigerian Artistes - Psychedelic Shoes. Heston (Challenge Thread) a huge surprise this one. Just creates its own groove.

4. The New Humans - What If You're Wrong?. Some Bloke ;)
How fucking good is this? If this had been released in the mid 80s this would've filled the Hacienda.

5. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound (IMCT) I'll dedicate this to the whole board. Remembering friends like Purple Hayes and others who we've lost along our internet journey.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Don't remember any particular songs, but the following artists/albums were all recommended to me here, and fairly recently, too (with the exception of Throw Rag).

Throw Rag - Desert Shores (tepista)
Danzig Sings Elvis (Flex and revbob)
The Graduate - Acting My Age (Heston)
Fred Neil - Bleecker and McDougal (Marky)
Bruuuuce - Western Stars (Silent Maj)
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I'm also looking forward to checking out the new James Dean Bradfield album that WWK recommended in the other thread.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

The Tissues - Veil - Doc mentioned this at some point. Noisy with urgent female vocals, reminds me a bit S&tB

The Equals - Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys...The Anthology
Marky
Great songs

Kitty Daisy and Lewis - not sure who it was. The album Smoking in Heaven is great, as arw the others.

The Panic Report - Down with the King. Heston that shameless self promoter took a page from the Gene Simmons playbook. I had to draw the line on the action figures, they all looked the same, but the dental dam that came with the CD was a nice touch but not sure Gene would approve. Good to know you can stand on your own.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I'd probably buy a Heston action figure.

Heston

Post by Heston »

The Beat Farmers - God Is Here Tonight (Kaleb) - This was in the Desert Island Discs thread
Tanlines - All of Me (Matedog) - One of Matey's "Tasty Cuts"
Against Me! - Unconditional Love (Flex) - Women's Album poll
The Interrupters - Gave You Everything (Rev) - General recommendation of the band
The Fortunes - Storm In a Teacup (Inder) - YouTube Magnificence thread

Could probably do another 5, will have a think.