King of the Hill Appreciation Thread.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: King of the Hill Appreciation Thread.

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 1:04am
Excellent
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 1:04am
My lord but that is brilliant.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My son accused me of being like Hank Hill today. He was talking about how our TV is so much smaller than everyone else's. I said the one we have is fine and Im not buying a new one as long as this one works.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 11:47pm
My son accused me of being like Hank Hill today. He was talking about how our TV is so much smaller than everyone else's. I said the one we have is fine and Im not buying a new one as long as this one works.
Damn kids and their tvs
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

The boy ain't wrong.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
You should have added that if he didn't know about bigger tv's, he would have thought the one you have was just fine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 6:25am
revbob wrote:
You should have added that if he didn't know about bigger tv's, he would have thought the one you have was just fine.
Yeah Ive probably said that before too. Our tv size is a familiar subject. Hell its bigger than what I had growing up. We had this one TV where a thick black horizontal line would scroll thru the picture. It was like that for years before it finally broke and we got a "new" one.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 6:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah Ive probably said that before too. Our tv size is a familiar subject. Hell its bigger than what I had growing up. We had this one TV where a thick black horizontal line would scroll thru the picture. It was like that for years before it finally broke and we got a "new" one.
We had to replace ours last year(?) after it flat-out died. It was, I dunno, 35 or 40"? But a friend said that it was "bathroom-sized." As in, what people put up in their bathrooms. Which is disconcerting on so many levels.

When we replaced it, we still didn't go for something crazy big. It's, like, 45" or so? The idea of a tv dominated the room doesn't make sense to me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 8:14am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
We had to replace ours last year(?) after it flat-out died. It was, I dunno, 35 or 40"? But a friend said that it was "bathroom-sized." As in, what people put up in their bathrooms. Which is disconcerting on so many levels.

When we replaced it, we still didn't go for something crazy big. It's, like, 45" or so? The idea of a tv dominated the room doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah same. Ours is 32", needless to say I dont host any parties that involve TV watching. When my son was little and friends might come over to watch a movie or whatever the kids would always comment on how small it is. I seriously believe the size of it is perfectly adequate.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 8:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 8:14am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah same. Ours is 32", needless to say I dont host any parties that involve TV watching. When my son was little and friends might come over to watch a movie or whatever the kids would always comment on how small it is. I seriously believe the size of it is perfectly adequate.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I have no retort.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 9:32am
I have no retort.
I tell you what.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

People think my TV (and there's just this one in the house) is tiny, but I make up for that by having a small room and being real close to it.
IMG_20200926_145630.jpg

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 9:57am
People think my TV (and there's just this one in the house) is tiny, but I make up for that by having a small room and being real close to it.

IMG_20200926_145630.jpg
That looks about what we had before. Apparently you should put it in front of your toilet.