Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bouncing off a suggestion from Andrew, should we do a Zoom chat to celebrate Barny's life? I've got a paid account, so I can host one that won't end in, like, 40 minutes. I figure Friday or Saturday evening makes the most sense. So post here whether you're up for it and what day works best.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Flex »

Friday evening is by far best for me
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I will try to make it to the best of my ability.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I'd be in.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I have a conflict on Friday, but if I can get away for a few minutes to raise a toast, I will. If it’s Saturday, I’ll probably have more time.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Friday eve for me
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Friday should work. Only issue is timing with west coast to England. When we’ve done EET chats, we do them at like 3 or 4pm my time which is like 1am Heston’s time.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tosh133
Corner Soul

Post by tosh133 »

Would be happy to step in for this if possible.

tosh133
Corner Soul

Post by tosh133 »

Would love to be involved possible.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 11:06pm
Friday should work. Only issue is timing with west coast to England. When we’ve done EET chats, we do them at like 3 or 4pm my time which is like 1am Heston’s time.
Yeah, I thought of that. West Coast people and the UKers should be the ones to hash out the timing. I hope that there's enough wiggle room for everyone on the geographic extremes.

Once y'all establish a time, I'll set it up and PM the link to everyone who pops into this thread (I'm unclear of whether there'd be ongoing security issues with my account by publicly posting it).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 6:55am
matedog wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 11:06pm
Yeah, I thought of that. West Coast people and the UKers should be the ones to hash out the timing. I hope that there's enough wiggle room for everyone on the geographic extremes.

Once y'all establish a time, I'll set it up and PM the link to everyone who pops into this thread (I'm unclear of whether there'd be ongoing security issues with my account by publicly posting it).
You posting a meeting invite to people's shouldn't be a security issue other than someone we dont want joining. People could also PM you their email and you could send the invites out that way. And if people dont trust giving you their email they can make a yahoo mail or gmail account for free and anonymous.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Sorry, I'll be away. Please draise a drink for him from me.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

No can do for me either unfortunately, I'm just not comfortable with webcam stuff, never have been. It was stressful enough doing it for my job interview a few months back. I don't even like talking to people on the phone. But yeah, raise a glass for me too.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 7:17am
You posting a meeting invite to people's shouldn't be a security issue other than someone we dont want joining. People could also PM you their email and you could send the invites out that way. And if people dont trust giving you their email they can make a yahoo mail or gmail account for free and anonymous.
Nobody would have to send me an email address. I can just send the link via PM.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 7:40am
No can do for me either unfortunately, I'm just not comfortable with webcam stuff, never have been. It was stressful enough doing it for my job interview a few months back. I don't even like talking to people on the phone. But yeah, raise a glass for me too.
You could keep your camera off—nobody should feel obliged to turn their camera on if they really feel uncomfortable about it—and if you change your mind flip it on. Just throwing that out because, of course, having you there would be better than not. :cool: