Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 10:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 8:15pm
Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 8:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 7:51pm
Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 7:48pm

Ok, I denounce these songs.

We sail at dawn.
I leave it to revbob to determine whether you're sincere, but I guarantee that you're working the oars.
Wasn't "Working the Oars" track three on Music From the Elder?
Okay, out of the fucking boat. Now.
Shouldn't we be blaming Bernie Taupin for these songs? He's the one who wrote the lyrics, Elton just wrote the music. At least that's what that movie VH dragged me to said.
I'm a generous spirit—blame them both.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Don't recall all the details but some of you and myself were trapped inside a giant watermelon.

Figure that one out Sigmund.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 10:15am
Don't recall all the details but some of you and myself were trapped inside a giant watermelon.

You've become a fan of the Saskatchewan Roughriders?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:24am
revbob wrote:

I prefer the Ottawa Rough Riders

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 12:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:24am
revbob wrote:

I prefer the Ottawa Rough Riders
My family back west would recoil in horror, but I'd be good with one of their old t-shirts.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Here’s one for the Tolkien nerds. Last night I went to sleep on the couch in my living room after watching the Fellowship of the Ring movie for the first time in a couple years. My living room is a mess right now, as I had been cleaning out a couple closets earlier in the day and getting some old clothes ready to be donated. So there were several 20 gallon tubs and boxes of clothes stacked around the room. I mostly had the movie on for background noise while I worked.

Toward the end of my night’s sleep, around 6:30am, I had an extremely vivid dream that I had gone “Gollum-seeing” with a friend. We had driven my jeep, in the dark, out into a boulder-strewn field lit only by moonlight. The idea was that if you waited long enough you would see Gollum’s glowing eyes appear in the distance among the rocks, like the scene in the Mines of Moria where Gandalf explains to Frodo that Gollum had been following them for three days. So we waited in my jeep, just outside the mouth of a downward-sloping cavernous cave, for Gollum to appear. We watched and waited for the glowing eyes but they didn’t appear, so we had gotten out and crept down into the cave. Lying on my right side (the same position I was sleeping in) on a large flat boulder in the dark, several hundred feet into the cave, I at last saw the glowing eyes in the distance, creeping toward us. They disappeared for a moment, and then suddenly Gollum was upon us. He leapt at me in the dark, visible only by his glowing eyes, which were red for some reason. Though my depth perception was hindered by the darkness, I kicked out with my left leg and somehow planted my left foot in Gollum’s face. He flew backwards. A second later, he leapt at me again, and I again kicked out, my left foot landing squarely in Gollum’s face again. This was repeated 6-8 times, and each time I kicked Gollum squarely in the face and knocked him back.

I woke up in the dark on my couch, just as the last kick landed, to find that I had been kicking the shit out of an old banana box full of sweaters, which was sitting on a 20 gallon tub about 18 inches from the foot of my couch. I mean full force roundhouse kicks. If the boxes/tubs hadn’t been there in my living room, I would have been kicking air. It was all extremely vivid and actually a pretty fun dream. Luckily I live alone and didn’t hurt anyone or break anything. Might have had something to do with the Monster energy drink I had consumed about a half hour before I went to sleep. Think I’ll watch Two Towers tonight. :mrgreen:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder told me that the board traffic needed to be managed because things were getting jammed up, so I was set up in front of a massive blackboard—like, half the size of a football field—that had a timetable grid on it. I was charged with entering what could be discussed from minute to minute. Inder insisted that everything be described as "discourse." So there was "hockey discourse" and "music discourse" and so, so much "McCartney discourse." Most of the dream was spend writing "McCartney discourse" in box after box.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was in some boring ass presentation at work which was inside an abandoned grocery store. While the presenter went to check something I slipped out to get a drink. My car was right there for me to hop in right in the fire lane (something i would never do) it was dark I hopped in and drove away suddenly I was in the midst of a construction zone and all the asphalt had been torn up and the dirt was very loose and hilly. I managed to drive thru to a regular road. There was a huge boat with wheels which seemed weird because suddenly I was in Arizona. I kept driving and got lost and I was now riding a bike. I stopped to look at a map on my phone and it showed I was in Florida. I rode my bike inside some place that seemed to be a hotel of some sort and I rode thru the lobby area and the place where people were eating breakfast. When I rode in I told the guy I was looking for someone and he was fine with that. I rode my bike back to the entrance to leave. The doorman asked me something. I said I was lost and rode back out. Looked at my phone again and I was back in Arizona but there was huge bodies of water. I continued to be lost and couldn't read signs nor make sense of the map on my phone.

That's all I remember.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I forgot most of this one a few minutes after waking up (probably for the best), but this was the closing scene. I was cornered in one of my old high school classrooms on the third floor by Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, and Paul Gleason (reprising his role as Clarence Beeks from Trading Places). McConnell and Graham were wearing black trench coats, while Gleason’s was tan. Gleason lingered by the blackboard, McConnell stood there with his hands in his pockets, and Lindsey Graham pointed at me menacingly and said “you’re gonna be sorry, mister”. Then they filed out of the room and I woke up.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 11:05am
I forgot most of this one a few minutes after waking up (probably for the best), but this was the closing scene. I was cornered in one of my old high school classrooms on the third floor by Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, and Paul Gleason (reprising his role as Clarence Beeks from Trading Places). McConnell and Graham were wearing black trench coats, while Gleason’s was tan. Gleason lingered by the blackboard, McConnell stood there with his hands in his pockets, and Lindsey Graham pointed at me menacingly and said “you’re gonna be sorry, mister”. Then they filed out of the room and I woke up.
Well, that's it for you then!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 11:32am
Kimmelweck wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 11:05am
Well, that's it for you then!
Yeah I figure I'm pretty much screwed. I did appreciate the Gleason cameo though.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 9:33am
Inder told me that the board traffic needed to be managed because things were getting jammed up, so I was set up in front of a massive blackboard—like, half the size of a football field—that had a timetable grid on it. I was charged with entering what could be discussed from minute to minute. Inder insisted that everything be described as "discourse." So there was "hockey discourse" and "music discourse" and so, so much "McCartney discourse." Most of the dream was spend writing "McCartney discourse" in box after box.
And a few days later...

You are clearly attuned to great unknown cosmic forces, or what I like to call "McCartney discourse."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 2:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And a few days later...

You are clearly attuned to great unknown cosmic forces, or what I like to call "McCartney discourse."
*shudder* Let us never speak of this again.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 2:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And a few days later...

Oh my god. I thought this was a recent atrocity as I only recall hearing it in like the last 10 years. So he's been awful for a VERY long time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 9:18pm
Oh my god. I thought this was a recent atrocity as I only recall hearing it in like the last 10 years. So he's been awful for a VERY long time.
You really don't want to know how much he makes from that song based on a couple months of radio play every year. The Communists could use that bit of information as core to their recruiting campaign.