Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

eumaas wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:13pm
Wish I could have made it. I would be down for a zoom hangout another time, just to shoot the shit with old friends.

Emphasis on old!
:sad: I'm ripening.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:23pm
BitterTom wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:08pm
Just going to throw out an idea here for a future Zoom gathering—a pub music quiz kind of deal. Drinking, shooting the shit about music, and complaining about questions from [pick a decade].
Love it, though this time zone business is a bastard. But if you do fancy a few afternoon wines..
A mid-afternoon for the west coast / early evening for the east coast / late night for Limeys would probably require a Saturday gathering. Probably doable for most, I would hope.
Sounds the most ideal solution, like I say, love to do it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 12:10pm
I watched nearly the full thing, just skimmed through a few baseball bits. Good work chaps, it looked fun. Everyone's voice sounded exactly as I expected. Rev looked pretty fearsome, I'll think twice before arguing with him again. I think dear Wally would have approved.
Just saw this. Im the nicest guy you never met. Just dont take my hat. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:44pm
Heston wrote:
I watched nearly the full thing, just skimmed through a few baseball bits. Good work chaps, it looked fun. Everyone's voice sounded exactly as I expected. Rev looked pretty fearsome, I'll think twice before arguing with him again. I think dear Wally would have approved.
According to the UN, 53% of Geordies are hat thieves.

Also, to make this 101W related, I'll get my coat.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
I just said "looked fearsome", I know you're a big teddy bear pushover when we start discussing Carly Rae Jepson.

I think it was Muppet who said my speaking voice scared the living shit out of him but I'm a mellow bloke too.

Edit: Oh yeah and Jenny said I sounded like a leprechaun.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 5:44pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
I just said "looked fearsome", I know you're a big teddy bear pushover when we start discussing Carly Rae Jepson.

I think it was Muppet who said my speaking voice scared the living shit out of him but I'm a mellow bloke too.

Edit: Oh yeah and Jenny said I sounded like a leprechaun.
I use the look and size to my advantage if needed otherwise Im pretty mellow.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Heston wrote:

Blonde or Brunette Carly Rae?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 6:41pm
Heston wrote:

Blonde or Brunette Carly Rae?
I'd be happy to toss a coin.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 9:26am
Here's the link of the recording: https://mega.nz/file/5d8UVTzZ#EC_FTA3X3 ... SzjsKOAMC0

Maybe it's because I had screen sharing on, but the recording only captured the participant windows of six people at a time, so Wolter and Beaneater, who came a bit later than the rest of us, don't show up in the video (which is a shame, because Wolter was wearing a jaw-dropping Stella McCartney cocktail dress). But they were there.
Thanks, Doc. Checking out the recording now.

Is there a way to configure the recording so it looks like this? So that more than 6 people can be seen.
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 2.png
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 2.png (642.71 KiB) Viewed 5335 times

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Great to see everyone come together to celebrate Wally (and presumably talk about Boston sports). Thanks for pulling this together, Neil.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 11:25pm
Is there a way to configure the recording so it looks like this? So that more than 6 people can be seen.
I suspect it's because of the screen-sharing background, so the software records it in a way so that the shared screen isn't covered up. If we'd had a regular session, I think it would have recorded all the active participant boxes. Maybe it can be better customized, but the prefs are pretty limited.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm in for a zoom like Doc suggested.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 6:43am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
I suspect it's because of the screen-sharing background, so the software records it in a way so that the shared screen isn't covered up. If we'd had a regular session, I think it would have recorded all the active participant boxes. Maybe it can be better customized, but the prefs are pretty limited.
Hello,

I'm no expert but I've done quite a bit with Zoom (no surprise there!). I'm not sure what you're after. I need to extend my monitor so I can share the screen with some students so I can see the shared screen as well as all students attending via Zoom (who's trying to step away, who's got their hand up, etc.). If you use gallery view and max it, you should get everyone up to 25 thumbnails. You can slide back and forth if you have more than 25. Is this what you're thinking/pursuing?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:14pm
I'm in for a zoom like Doc suggested.
I’d definitely do this again for longer if it happens on a non-conflict night.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 1:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 6:43am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Hello,

I'm no expert but I've done quite a bit with Zoom (no surprise there!). I'm not sure what you're after. I need to extend my monitor so I can share the screen with some students so I can see the shared screen as well as all students attending via Zoom (who's trying to step away, who's got their hand up, etc.). If you use gallery view and max it, you should get everyone up to 25 thumbnails. You can slide back and forth if you have more than 25. Is this what you're thinking/pursuing?
Right, maxing it out while the meeting is going is easy enough. What gets recorded isn't the same, tho. So we all had all participants' screen while it was going on, but the recording only included what could fit on the right side of the screen (six boxes max). My hunch is that it's because of the shared screen—the recording wants to make sure that that isn't obscured.