Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

york wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 6:05pm
by the way, this is not meant disrespectfully to the discussion, thanks Marky for San Bernardino and the Düsseldorf remasters, living in Düsseldorf
cheers York
Thanks mate that's cool you live there. Reading was my home town for 50 years and was twinned with Düsseldorf. I'm now in Redruth, Cornwall.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 2:20am
JohnS wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 9:24pm
white man wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:22pm
John, the doc is on Sky Arts this Friday. Along with Don Letts
Belated thanks for the tip-off, whiteman. I did read this when you posted it, but I've already seen the doc c/o a download some months ago.
It's well worth a look though. I was too young at the time to realise how prominent and credible the National Front were in the mid/late 70s. It's shocking to see how much they were gaining traction in mainstream politics.

(Sorry to hijack Marky's thread. Hopefully he can steer the good ship back on course... did you ever do the Hamburg 'riot show' from 1980 Marky? :mrgreen: )
I suspected that you would have already seen it, John. Still, it was good to see it in pristine quality. Those NF'ers from the seventies are the 60yo who are the working class face of Brexit support today. Hard working types who were misled by a bunch of posh boys.
Anyway, i'm misleading this thread. What it needs is an MD Remaster to put it back on track. Ha'way lad.
White man pretty much nails it with those 60 year olds being the Brexit brigade. It's like the same fight given a legitimate label.

JohnS I've got that Hamburg riot show on vinyl but don't remember it sounding very good. I'll have another listen when I get chance. I'm working on a couple of other shows at the moment. There's always the next thing... ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 8:50am
Bit of talk here recently about this next one.
US Festival, San Bernardino, .CA.
Thanks so much! I'm listening now and had never heard the bits that dropped out on the boot that circulated forever. It's one of my favorite shows, but besides loving the performance it's always made me sad because it's Mick's last show. I also actually love all of Joe's commentary. I've never had a problem with any of it and thought his sentiments were right on target. At any rate, this thing pops now. Guns of Brixton is almost knocking me down and sounds superb. Thanks again!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

appleseed1 wrote:
20 Oct 2020, 1:00am
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 8:50am
Bit of talk here recently about this next one.
US Festival, San Bernardino, .CA.
Thanks so much! I'm listening now and had never heard the bits that dropped out on the boot that circulated forever. It's one of my favorite shows, but besides loving the performance it's always made me sad because it's Mick's last show. I also actually love all of Joe's commentary. I've never had a problem with any of it and thought his sentiments were right on target. At any rate, this thing pops now. Guns of Brixton is almost knocking me down and sounds superb. Thanks again!
Cheers appleseed. Joe seems really agitated to me. It's not so much what he says it's more him taking out his anger at the promoter and his own management on the the crowd. Glad you are enjoying it mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Cheers appleseed. Joe seems really agitated to me. It's not so much what he says it's more him taking out his anger at the promoter and his own management on the the crowd. Glad you are enjoying it mate.
Interesting. I definitely can allow that there was more going on behind the scenes than I've considered. I've always interpreted his extra fire partly resulting from the massive size of the show and his own fear and doubts about what they were at risk of becoming, i.e., a pre-fab product like Van Halen, so that resulted in him doubling down on the outsider, rebel outlook that had always guided them. It makes sense, though, that arguments with specific people also spurred his angst.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Speaking of Joe's angst in this show, does anyone else suspect that Mick started playing while Joe was talking at the beginning of Know Your Rights because he didn't want to hear Joe rant again? That's always been my theory. Of course, knowing it was Mick's last show may have colored my interpretations of the different parts of the show. I suppose it could've been just a basic miscommunication because it was almost simultaneous.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

appleseed1 wrote:
20 Oct 2020, 9:40pm

Speaking of Joe's angst in this show, does anyone else suspect that Mick started playing while Joe was talking at the beginning of Know Your Rights because he didn't want to hear Joe rant again? That's always been my theory. Of course, knowing it was Mick's last show may have colored my interpretations of the different parts of the show. I suppose it could've been just a basic miscommunication because it was almost simultaneous.
it's been a while since I saw the video, but I think the look on Joe's face confirms that theory if I'm recalling correctly. It's definitely what I thought.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

appleseed1 wrote:
20 Oct 2020, 9:40pm

I doubt Mick did that deliberately more just a case of their timing being out. Joe rants at plenty of other times and Mick is patient. It's happened plenty of times before on other concerts. Mick looking down at his effects while Joe is away from his mike then Mick fires up just as Joe is heading back to the mike. I wouldn't make too much out of that. Joe just turns away to start bashing out the song he doesn't look towards Mick. So just bad timing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

york
Corner Soul

Post by york »

Hi Markey, yeah, entering Düsseldorf coming home from work i saw Reading is Twintown. Cheers to Cornwall and a lot of thanks for all you do keep Clash as TOBTM.
York

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

york wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 8:20am
Hi Markey, yeah, entering Düsseldorf coming home from work i saw Reading is Twintown. Cheers to Cornwall and a lot of thanks for all you do keep Clash as TOBTM.
York
Thanks mate more coming soon.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 19 Jan 2021, 1:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Thanks Again Marky For Sharing Your Work

1981 my favourite Live Clash Period, so looking forward to listening to your wizardry

CDS
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 1:51pm
Thanks Again Marky For Sharing Your Work

1981 my favourite Live Clash Period, so looking forward to listening to your wizardry

CDS
Yeah I agree a great year. Cheers CDS. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

GotGameGreggy
Dirty Punk

Post by GotGameGreggy »

Haven't heard the Florence show before, sounds great. I really think the band were at their musical and creative peak in 1981. Going to make a great soundtrack for this Halloween weekend :approve:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

GotGameGreggy wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 10:47pm
Haven't heard the Florence show before, sounds great. I really think the band were at their musical and creative peak in 1981. Going to make a great soundtrack for this Halloween weekend :approve:
Enjoy mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia