Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by white man »

dave202 wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 5:49am
white man wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 6:25am
Cheers Marky. It's criminal that 1981 was almost into May before they were allowed to play.
Maybe it's my memory fading, but why was that?
From BMC
Not touring to promote the album release seemed further commercial suicide, however this was not their original intention as they announced an exhaustive UK tour in December. By January though this was amended to selected dates and by February the tour was cancelled altogether. The chief reason being the refusal of CBS to provide tour support. Epic’s same response to a later proposed 60 date US jaunt meant that this tour too did not materialise.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

dave202 wrote:
white man wrote:
Cheers Marky. It's criminal that 1981 was almost into May before they were allowed to play.
From memory some UK dates were announced for early 81 then CBS pulled the plug for financial reasons. Early 81 was a weird time for the band. The absurd decision to bring back Bernie and two single releases with virtually no promotion whatsoever.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 5:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 5:06am
laxman wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 3:06am
Thanks very much Marky, and I have messaged Evair about this one, he will definitely want to hear it.
Cheers mate. Is Evair from Italy or just a fan of the '81 shows?
From Italy. He contributed quite a bit of information to BMC on some of the Italy shows.
Cool.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 6:26am
dave202 wrote:
white man wrote:
From memory some UK dates were announced for early 81 then CBS pulled the plug for financial reasons. Early 81 was a weird time for the band. The absurd decision to bring back Bernie and two single releases with virtually no promotion whatsoever.
All the above.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread, thank You very much for your excellent work! About the concert in Florence, i have this small interview at Mick Jones from the press conference. https://mega.nz/file/k0x0mIYa#mDdwk8Bft ... Whs2TVW99U

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 10:55am
Marky Dread, thank You very much for your excellent work! About the concert in Florence, i have this small interview at Mick Jones from the press conference. https://mega.nz/file/k0x0mIYa#mDdwk8Bft ... Whs2TVW99U
You're welcome mate. And welcome to lMCT also. Thanks for sharing the Mick interview will listen later. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Listened to this earlier. Great work Marky and a very tight performance. Joe even nearly gets all the words right to London Calling.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 2:15pm
Listened to this earlier. Great work Marky and a very tight performance. Joe even nearly gets all the words right to London Calling.
Cheers mate. I don't mind Joe getting some lyrics wrong but getting the opening lines to LC wrong at some gigs bugs me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Stefano1972 wrote:
Welcome Stefano and thanks for sharing some audio with you first post. It's always interesting to hear Clash pronouncements at press conferences.
Mick is great here, very passionate in his dimissal of CBS and full of confidence about the band at that point.
'Spirit of 81... we really are a 1981 punk group, this is how it sounds, if you're wondering' :mrgreen:
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 8:16pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
Welcome Stefano and thanks for sharing some audio with you first post. It's always interesting to hear Clash pronouncements at press conferences.
Mick is great here, very passionate in his dimissal of CBS and full of confidence about the band at that point.
'Spirit of 81... we really are a 1981 punk group, this is how it sounds, if you're wondering' :mrgreen:
Yeah but don't thank the guy that spent 3 weeks working on the show. You selfish person. ;) I'm kidding of course and it was nice to see someone offering up something with their first post. A good interview.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Thanks John, it's only 1 minutes but i think it's nice to listen it after the whole concert in Florence posted from Marky Dread.
JohnS wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 6:08pm
Thanks John, it's only 1 minutes but i think it's nice to listen it after the whole concert in Florence posted from Marky Dread.
JohnS wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
It's cool to have it and I've put it with the file. I'd never heard it before so thanks mate. :cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 6:29am
[Yeah but don't thank the guy that spent 3 weeks working on the show. You selfish person. ;)
My 'thanks Marky' goes without saying *... but yeah, I should still say it :mrgreen: Thanks Marky for all your skill and generosity!

* that phrase 'it goes without saying...' cracks me up, like 'needless to say' - cos people just go on to say it anyway.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 9:58am
Marky Dread wrote:
[Yeah but don't thank the guy that spent 3 weeks working on the show. You selfish person. ;)
My 'thanks Marky' goes without saying *... but yeah, I should still say it :mrgreen: Thanks Marky for all your skill and generosity!

* that phrase 'it goes without saying...' cracks me up, like 'needless to say' - cos people just go on to say it anyway.
Ha I was just Mickey taking I already know you're one of the good guys. "It goes without saying". ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

JohnS wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 9:58am
Marky Dread wrote:

Not to mention 'not to mention'
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps