The KISS thread

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Heston »

They call me Doctor Love. I've got the cure you're thinking of.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 11:51pm
Great see you down the STD clinic.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 11:51pm
A permanent quarantine?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

I watched Detroit Rock City again tonight for the first time in 20 years. Still a pretty fun movie and my daughter quite enjoyed it. Don't know how it tanked at the box office as it fits right in with the teen movies of the era, American Pie etc. Great soundtrack too.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Great review of Peter Criss' batshit, dick-obsessed autobiography. Also includes my favourite ever picture of him...

https://mcmolo.blogspot.com/2014/01/mak ... criss.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 11:28am
Great review of Peter Criss' batshit, dick-obsessed autobiography. Also includes my favourite ever picture of him...

Someday I'll do a Silent-Majority-reads-presidential-biographies style reading of their memoirs. But not any time soon.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 11:46am
Heston wrote:

Someday I'll do a Silent-Majority-reads-presidential-biographies style reading of their memoirs. But not any time soon.
Maybe we could do a Ken Burns style documentary retelling. I’m willing to read one of them in a Shelby Foote voice. “My dearest Martha. I have acquired another venereal disease. When will this tour end?”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 2:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Maybe we could do a Ken Burns style documentary retelling. I’m willing to read one of them in a Shelby Foote voice. “My dearest Martha. I have acquired another venereal disease. When will this tour end?”
:lol: Excerpt from Gene's diary: “Paul is struggling with a new song. He is uncertain how old to make the female of his desires. I counselled that, like with veal, the fairer sex is most satisfying when young and with unformed identity. He said experience had taught him, aye, this was true.”

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 2:26pm
Wolter wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 2:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

:lol: Excerpt from Gene's diary: “Paul is struggling with a new song. He is uncertain how old to make the female of his desires. I counselled that, like with veal, the fairer sex is most satisfying when young and with unformed identity. He said experience had taught him, aye, this was true.”
:lol:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:

Apparently, Paul was always doodling genitalia. And he was really good at it. He'd fill notebooks with crazy penis illustrations,

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 7:54am
Heston wrote:

Apparently, Paul was always doodling genitalia. And he was really good at it. He'd fill notebooks with crazy penis illustrations,
If you check the comments somebody has reviewed all Peter Criss' solo albums, a task which I wasn't up to a few weeks back. So people can just pretend it was me who reviewed them if they like.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 8:34am
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

If you check the comments somebody has reviewed all Peter Criss' solo albums, a task which I wasn't up to a few weeks back. So people can just pretend it was me who reviewed them if they like.
Think I prefer to pretend I'm dead. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

Im ok with this but are you sure it wasn't you after a serious piss up?

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:00am
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

Quite possibly.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:04am
revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:00am
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

Quite possibly.
Looks like a fun read. Also, Mark St. John was apparently a pedo.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble