Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 3:17pm
WestwayKid wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 2:03pm
I have to admit, this election stuff is starting to get to me. As much as I can rationally say Trump and his cronies can't overturn the results, I can't shake the idea, either. I don't trust the GOP. They are a radical and dishonest party (in my opinion) and I can't rule out that they wouldn't try every last card in their deck.

With their lawsuit approach now withering, it appears they're going after the elector angle with the idea that they can get state legislatures to install their own electors to flip states.

It feels insane to even type... and maybe I am falling victim to the 24 hour news cycle where this stuff is being played up like it could happen just to keep my attention, but I'm feeling rattled.
If you're looking for something to assuage your anxieties, there's this analysis of how unlikely any of this is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... -election/
Is it by the same analysts who said he wouldn't win in 2016?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kory wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 6:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I have to admit, this election stuff is starting to get to me. As much as I can rationally say Trump and his cronies can't overturn the results, I can't shake the idea, either. I don't trust the GOP. They are a radical and dishonest party (in my opinion) and I can't rule out that they wouldn't try every last card in their deck.

With their lawsuit approach now withering, it appears they're going after the elector angle with the idea that they can get state legislatures to install their own electors to flip states.

It feels insane to even type... and maybe I am falling victim to the 24 hour news cycle where this stuff is being played up like it could happen just to keep my attention, but I'm feeling rattled.
If you're looking for something to assuage your anxieties, there's this analysis of how unlikely any of this is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... -election/
You're not helping assuage my anxieties... ;)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Legal scholar rather than political pundits and pollsters.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Giggles:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 6:19pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

You're not helping assuage my anxieties... ;)
You could join my church of pessimism. If you're always expecting the worst, you'll never be disappointed.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

GG Guliani
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Kory wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 9:14pm
You could join my church of pessimism. If you're always expecting the worst, you'll never be disappointed.
Reminds me of a Bill Hicks bit about starting a political party for people who hate other people.

"People who hate people... come together!"
"No"
We're having trouble getting up and running
"Are you gonna be there?"
"Yeah"
"Then I ain't coming"
"But you're our strongest member!"
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 11:03pm

GG Guliani
Awesome

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

:lol:

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 11:55am

This is awesome!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 5:11pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 11:55am

This is awesome!!
Yup. :mrgreen: The cat rockin' out on the left is the perfect touch. Sounds like something Joe Strummer would have played on his radio show.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 5:12pm
But wait, there's more!
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump- ... fs-1549245
I suspect that whoever owns Rudy is behind this performance. It would be nice if they actually boycott the runoff though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 6:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
But wait, there's more!
I suspect that whoever owns Rudy is behind this performance. It would be nice if they actually boycott the runoff though.
Speculation is that Rudy is taking point on this absurd effort because he's angling for a pardon—one final expression of loyalty. So many of these people are drenched in criminality and sloppy enough to leave a monkey barrel of evidence that it's hard to discount out of hand these theories.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 7:14pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 6:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
But wait, there's more!
Speculation is that Rudy is taking point on this absurd effort because he's angling for a pardon—one final expression of loyalty. So many of these people are drenched in criminality and sloppy enough to leave a monkey barrel of evidence that it's hard to discount out of hand these theories.
That makes sense. It feels so staged. The speaker might as well be reading texts from a sweat-soaked Rudy off his phone. I agree it’s hard to dismiss the theories when there seems to be no other logical explanation for some of it.