Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory »

My dreams have become embarrassingly easy to interpret lately. A couple months ago my favorite comic shop closed and I later had a nightmare in which I was hanging out there on the final day. The lights went out, instilling a feeling of intense dread, and then my favorite employee there suffered a heart attack and I couldn't find the phone.

Then last night I had a dream that one of my recently laid off coworkers died, leaving her 8 year old with nowhere to go.

Someone please send me drugs.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 2:08pm
My dreams have become embarrassingly easy to interpret lately. A couple months ago my favorite comic shop closed and I later had a nightmare in which I was hanging out there on the final day. The lights went out, instilling a feeling of intense dread, and then my favorite employee there suffered a heart attack and I couldn't find the phone.

Then last night I had a dream that one of my recently laid off coworkers died, leaving her 8 year old with nowhere to go.

I'll talk to Inder about pencilling you in for 4 minutes of Kory discourse. We might have to bump some Springsteen discourse, but whatever.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 2:18pm
Kory wrote:

I'll talk to Inder about pencilling you in for 4 minutes of Kory discourse. We might have to bump some Springsteen discourse, but whatever.
If it helps, you can call me "boss."
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 2:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 2:18pm
Kory wrote:

If it helps, you can call me "boss."
It'll be drenched in sarcasm, but sure.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've already lost some of the details of this dream—mainly what the Boss and I were arguing about—but we were in a car (she was driving, of course) on a long bridge or causeway and she was intentionally driving as close to the guardrail as possible and then veer close to cars beside us. I was terrified and told her to let me out. Somehow we then ended up in a car with a couple friends (we were in the back seat) who jumped a barricade so that we were speeding down a closed off section of freeway, yet there were cars speeding towards us. Again, I was terrified. The police set up a road block ahead, so the driver took an off-ramp that had an incline, but he was going too fast, so the car went straight up in the air like a rocket, then fell back down, ass first, just to the side of a river. We all scrambled out before it exploded.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A whole lot of rambling narrative from a semi-conscious dream last night—that is, I was aware I was in a dream—but I was chatting with an attractive middle-aged woman wearing tan cords and she leaned over and I could see her underwear—white with pink edging—and thought, "Wow, what a weirdly specific detail for a dream." Otherwise, the dream was a bit of a road trip to Disney World to deliver a kidney that ended up with a big overhead crane shot of the ocean.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I dreamt Biden was teaching me how to drive a car, man.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 9:36am
I dreamt Biden was teaching me how to drive a car, man.
But you could only go in reverse, because that's where the Cheatocrats are taking America. #MAGA

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Had a solid fuck-you-up dream last night. Actually, kind of a two-parter. First part was seeing a nuclear detonation fair close up, filling the sky with orange-white light. That shocked me awake so violently that I scared the hell out of wife and cats. Took me long minutes to get my heart rate down. My subconscious wasn't done with me, tho, as I kept witnessing nuclear explosions because some terrorists had stolen some missiles and were launching them at cities and I was sent to investigate (apparently before they landed). But I was also an ambassador or envoy, and I realized that I wasn't doing my job by not communicating with the various government representatives, so I was desperately trying to write everything down and then find a working phone to call it in. That all the phone lines had been vapourized was more distressing than all these nuclear explosions.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was the passenger in a car going down a hill (not a huge incline) toward a large pond. The road curved around it but it was winter and the driver didn't slow enough, so the car left the road and skimmed across the pond for a bit before sinking. There wasn't any panic in getting out of the car because I took my time ejecting the cassettes from multiple players in the dash, then went thru the window. Just before I reached the surface, I looked back and a polar bear grabbed my leg and pulled me down.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 7:24am
I was the passenger in a car going down a hill (not a huge incline) toward a large pond. The road curved around it but it was winter and the driver didn't slow enough, so the car left the road and skimmed across the pond for a bit before sinking. There wasn't any panic in getting out of the car because I took my time ejecting the cassettes from multiple players in the dash, then went thru the window. Just before I reached the surface, I looked back and a polar bear grabbed my leg and pulled me down.
What cassettes were you saving?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 8:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What cassettes were you saving?
Not a clue. As far as I can recall, music wasn't playing when the car sunk. But for some reason there were multiple decks that all had to be ejected.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
And to say, people are trying to save the polar bears when they are fucking psychos.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And to say, people are trying to save the polar bears when they are fucking psychos.

I just want to know who doesn't know how to drive in winter in my dream. C'mon, slow the fuck down.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 1:38pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I just want to know who doesn't know how to drive in winter in my dream. C'mon, slow the fuck down.
Maybe they were following the orders of the navigation app like on that one episode of the American Office.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy