Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 5:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:54pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:07pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
Just discovered Community. It makes me laugh.
Seasons 1–3 are pure gold. After that, it gets spotty—still worth watching it all, but be prepared for some thuds.
While this show is mostly a hit for me, there have been episodes throughout (I'm on season 4 now) that have been a miss. Troy and Abed keep me coming back. I can't stand Pierce, but I'm not sure if it's his character who drives me insane or knowing that Chevy Chase is a complete knob.
Knowing what we know about CC, I enjoyed that his character is such an ass. But you're right, the relationship between Troy and Abed is dynamite.
Its a great pairing. I also became awfully find of Annie's Boobs.
Luscious marshmallow pillows. Even I admire Annie's boobs. And seeing Joel McHale in his underwear. I had no idea that guy was so ripped.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 8:48am
revbob wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 5:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:54pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:07pm

Seasons 1–3 are pure gold. After that, it gets spotty—still worth watching it all, but be prepared for some thuds.
While this show is mostly a hit for me, there have been episodes throughout (I'm on season 4 now) that have been a miss. Troy and Abed keep me coming back. I can't stand Pierce, but I'm not sure if it's his character who drives me insane or knowing that Chevy Chase is a complete knob.
Knowing what we know about CC, I enjoyed that his character is such an ass. But you're right, the relationship between Troy and Abed is dynamite.
Its a great pairing. I also became awfully find of Annie's Boobs.
Luscious marshmallow pillows. Even I admire Annie's boobs. And seeing Joel McHale in his underwear. I had no idea that guy was so ripped.
Yeah he takes care of himself.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Small Axe BBC 1.

Really great so far. Well written with an honest eye and of course some killer tunes.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I'm now on season 6 of Community. The show is just not the same without Troy. And I hate myself for saying this, but I miss Pierce as well. The GI Joe episode was so fun.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 3:12pm
I'm now on season 6 of Community. The show is just not the same without Troy. And I hate myself for saying this, but I miss Pierce as well. The GI Joe episode was so fun.
It was never a full-on collapse, but the last few seasons became albums that would have been better as ep's.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 3:31pm
Mimi wrote:
It was never a full-on collapse, but the last few seasons became albums that would have been better as ep's.
That's a good way of putting it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 3:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 3:31pm
Mimi wrote:
That's a good way of putting it.
I really don't remember the last season or so. Definitely not as ship worthy as the earlier stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I think this was Season 5, but I liked this bit from the second D & D episode.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Just finished the final season of Canadian crime drama "Cardinal". I enjoyed this show nothing groundbreaking but with good characters.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 4:06pm
Just finished the final season of Canadian crime drama "Cardinal". I enjoyed this show nothing groundbreaking but with good characters.
Never heard of it. You're a better Canadian than I, Gunga Dread.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 4:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
The show does show how bleak and cold it can be there. I was freezing just watching it at times.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 4:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
The show does show how bleak and cold it can be there. I was freezing just watching it at times.
To be fair, summer can be nasty, too. May and September are usually pretty good, tho.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 4:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
To be fair, summer can be nasty, too. May and September are usually pretty good, tho.
I don't envy you with the low temperatures. But the landscape sure looks stunning.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I don't envy you with the low temperatures. But the landscape sure looks stunning.
Its a huge swath of land so depending on where it takes place. Im about an hour or so from the border and our weather seems similar to Doc's. Winter is undeniably harsh but summer is great it could only be better if we were on the ocean.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 4:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Its a huge swath of land so depending on where it takes place. Im about an hour or so from the border and our weather seems similar to Doc's. Winter is undeniably harsh but summer is great it could only be better if we were on the ocean.
Filmed in North Bay, Northern Ontario and Sudbury, Ontario.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia