Drummer joke

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Drummer joke

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 7:18am
matedog wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 10:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 8:26pm
matedog wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 7:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 7:50pm

Sadly, the Rummage Sale All-Stars never achieved success the way they had hoped.
I got my shirt from my grandfather. Everything else in our outfits was from some Goodwill type store in Ventura, California. We got to look dipped for like $10. I just could never figure out appropriate footwear.

Also this was shot on a disposable camera because 2002 or 2003 was a long ass time ago and we were/are cheap as fuck. We did a great job of angling out our friend taking the picture too.
To your credit, you looked like an indie band from ten years later, so … trailblazers?
Eh, that’s generous. The Strokes were big at the time, so that was probably the general fashion influence. We did metal epics and 5 minute long power pop punk songs, so the influence wasn’t musical.
Huh. I associate that tacky thrift store look with the early 2010s indie, but my mind ain't that reliable.
Here's Kings of Leon in 2003:
2001 Strokes:

That's the general vibe we were going for.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 3:05pm
Why hardtimes gotta be so mean?
Borrowing from Colbert, reality has an anti-drummer bias.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

As opposed to like a shovel, Simpsons-style?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

“Besides, sometimes it’s not about the potatoes you get into your mouth,” he added, “but the potatoes you don’t get into your mouth.”

:lol:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 2:28pm
As opposed to like a shovel, Simpsons-style?
I'm more akin to holding a pen.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Oh god, there is a utensil I hold with traditional grip. I can't remember what it is, but it does feel better that way.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 2:42pm
Oh god, there is a utensil I hold with traditional grip. I can't remember what it is, but it does feel better that way.
I feel like with minimal effort I could turn this into a masturbation joke, but I’m tired.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 2:42pm
The Hoywang?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

hoy mistakes his playing on the matedong for art blakey, an artful and inventive powerhouse, when he's really more peter criss, off beat and obviously deteriorating skill.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 2:57pm
hoy mistakes his playing on the matedong for art blakey, an artful and inventive powerhouse, when he's really more peter criss, off beat and obviously deteriorating skill.
Wife and sister in law asked what I was laughing at. This took a lot of explanation and ended up being more embarrassing than I had expected (my expectations were considerable too).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 3:02pm
Flex wrote:
Wife and sister in law asked what I was laughing at. This took a lot of explanation and ended up being more embarrassing than I had expected (my expectations were considerable too).
Serious unforced error. Best to saying something relatively less embarrassing like, "Just thinking about an episode of Young Sheldon."

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
There it is.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 3:21pm
matedog wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 3:02pm
Flex wrote:
Serious unforced error. Best to saying something relatively less embarrassing like, "Just thinking about an episode of Young Sheldon."
I didn't even bother talking about my username and "matedong."

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
Quality.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/