What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 7:38pm
Wolter wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 7:24pm
Since we can’t rely on family members and I am the only cook in the house, I finally caved and asked my mother in law for a latke recipe for Hanukkah. I absolutely nailed it, like a mensch.
Nice. I once had latkes prepared by Ben Cohen (the ice cream guy). They were magnificent.
When they end up just soggy, I’m not a fan, but these were crispy on the outside, perfect on the inside. I kind of want to strut around.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 7:50pm
revbob wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 7:38pm
Wolter wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 7:24pm
Since we can’t rely on family members and I am the only cook in the house, I finally caved and asked my mother in law for a latke recipe for Hanukkah. I absolutely nailed it, like a mensch.
Nice. I once had latkes prepared by Ben Cohen (the ice cream guy). They were magnificent.
When they end up just soggy, I’m not a fan, but these were crispy on the outside, perfect on the inside. I kind of want to strut around.
There's a trick that I haven't mastered, you seem to have to hit the frying temperature just right. Too low and they're soggy, too high and they burn.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I just put the Trader Joe's ones in the air fryer like a good Jew.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater

DA04792C-2BFA-413F-9DCB-5ED07A8A7FF3.jpeg
Christmas Lamb

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 9:10pm
DA04792C-2BFA-413F-9DCB-5ED07A8A7FF3.jpegChristmas Lamb
Tell me how please. Haven't done lamb in forever but have had other doing and it was awful.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 9:02am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 9:10pm
DA04792C-2BFA-413F-9DCB-5ED07A8A7FF3.jpegChristmas Lamb
Tell me how please. Haven't done lamb in forever but have had other doing and it was awful.
I butchered the leg and have a roast for tonight using the bavette from the meat around the femur. It's basically like a meat rollup that I tie up with string and roast for 80-90 minutes at 375. The shank I have saved for later in the week. I'll slow roast that in a Dutch oven at 275 for a couple of hours. There are a bunch of trimmings left over so I seasoned and froze those. I made a stock with the bones which I froze as well. I'll make stew with that in a few weeks.

BostonBeaneater

Lamb roast
Attachments
91E3A054-BC7A-4ED3-A6F0-60D4D01754E0.jpeg
D62F3FE3-1D51-4D3D-9149-8AA2436EBA79.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss bought a roast for Christmas. I feel surprisingly conflicted. She went vegetarian before me, but it's been over a year since I had meat. I'm not fanatical or anything like that, but I'm comfortably divorced from meat. Yet I'm not going to refuse any meal prepared—that's rude. So I'll eat it, but it won't be without some conscience discomfort. Extra wine will be on tap, I guess!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 5:29pm
The Boss bought a roast for Christmas. I feel surprisingly conflicted. She went vegetarian before me, but it's been over a year since I had meat. I'm not fanatical or anything like that, but I'm comfortably divorced from meat. Yet I'm not going to refuse any meal prepared—that's rude. So I'll eat it, but it won't be without some conscience discomfort. Extra wine will be on tap, I guess!
Is there a concern about stomach upset after not having had it for so long? I've heard of that happening to people.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 6:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is there a concern about stomach upset after not having had it for so long? I've heard of that happening to people.
Hadn't thought of that, but no, not worried about that because I've never had a queasy stomach related to what I eat. Actually, she just told me I'm not obliged to eat the roast part if I don't want to. It'll be a game-time decision.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 7:10pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hadn't thought of that, but no, not worried about that because I've never had a queasy stomach related to what I eat. Actually, she just told me I'm not obliged to eat the roast part if I don't want to. It'll be a game-time decision.
I was vegetarian for about 3 months back in college. I threw up the first meat I had after that, but to be fair I was also drunk.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 7:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 7:10pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I was vegetarian for about 3 months back in college. I threw up the first meat I had after that, but to be fair I was also drunk.
I think I can diagnose what happened.

BostonBeaneater

There it is...
Attachments
AE5A47D2-D5EE-4069-9E7D-F3D21A5D4DEB.jpeg

BostonBeaneater