Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Sparky »

Long time lurker on this site, I guess the COVID thing and being at home so much finally motivated me to join. Forgive my lack of manners.

First things first.....A huge THANK YOU to Mr. Marky Dread for all the great quality shows you've posted. I think I've grabbed most every single one over the years I've been lurking here, so this thanks is very well past due. I think your remasters have replaced all the "rare live shows" I've accumulated over the past 42 years...yeah, I'm old, but still know good music when I hear it.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 5:42pm
Long time lurker on this site, I guess the COVID thing and being at home so much finally motivated me to join. Forgive my lack of manners.

First things first.....A huge THANK YOU to Mr. Marky Dread for all the great quality shows you've posted. I think I've grabbed most every single one over the years I've been lurking here, so this thanks is very well past due. I think your remasters have replaced all the "rare live shows" I've accumulated over the past 42 years...yeah, I'm old, but still know good music when I hear it.
Hello mate welcome to the board. And it's a pleasure to share. Good music indeed, cheers!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky, I have really been digging the Tokyo Sun Plaza show, it's one of my favs. Been listening to it quite often, Mick has a sort of less is more approach here. Thanks for doing this one

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 12:07pm
Marky, I have really been digging the Tokyo Sun Plaza show, it's one of my favs. Been listening to it quite often, Mick has a sort of less is more approach here. Thanks for doing this one
Cheers mate hope you are keeping well.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 12:42pm
coffeepotman wrote:
Riding the second wave, hoping to stay safe. I hope you are too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 4:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 12:42pm
coffeepotman wrote:
Riding the second wave, hoping to stay safe. I hope you are too.
All good here mate thanks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Spencey
Dirty Punk

Post by Spencey »

Hello!

I'm a new member on this forum. I didn't even know this community existed until a couple of weeks ago.

Having been a fan of The Clash since my early teens (I'll be 40 next year) I was too young to have seen the Clash although I did see the Mescaleros in Belfast in 2000 or 2001 - I have the ticket stub boxed away - I would like to say a huge sincere and heartfelt thank you to Marky Dread (and the odd helper) for all the remixing, remastering, preserving and making these tapes available to the fans.

I had initially downloaded the first couple of shows for a listen a few weeks back. While not expecting much from the sound quality I was blown away whith how good they sound for 40year old bootlegs recorded on cassettes. I then set out on a quest to read through this entire thread and began downloading all the remasters. There could be about 60 plus shows on my laptop.

I think 2 or 3 of the links are no longer working as it is coming up as content removed (I think it might have been a Tokyo show and one of the Dub remixes - possibly some Rat Patrol thing but I can't remember exactly now as I just ploughed on through the 133 pages!) and I'm fairly sure I have missed the odd show too but I can't and won't complain.

I've converted a few to WAV for the purposes of burning to disc and will slowly work my way through the rest, printing the artwork etc (which is stunning!)

It took me ages to work out what GEER meant, ha!

I've still the Bond's thread to look at and there's plenty of other recordings to nab too.

The Clash were/are the band that changed my outlook on life and I'm sure I developed in ways that I would not have otherwise. You could say they changed my life.

Thanks again. Seems like a great place you have here :)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Hello mate welcome aboard. Glad you are enjoying the remasters. Thanks for the kind words.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

stuartreed
Corner Soul

Post by stuartreed »

As a long time fan, I can't believe I only recently discovered this board. So glad I did.
Gradually updating so many of my bootlegs with Marky's improved remasters.
Thank you so much for all your hard work - a real labour of love - its much appreciated.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

stuartreed wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 7:35am
As a long time fan, I can't believe I only recently discovered this board. So glad I did.
Gradually updating so many of my bootlegs with Marky's improved remasters.
Thank you so much for all your hard work - a real labour of love - its much appreciated.
:approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Legion63
Corner Soul

Post by Legion63 »

Just joined the forum. Some amazing stuff on here. Appreciate everyone’s great work. The remasters are incredible Marky! Thank you.

Legion63
Corner Soul

Post by Legion63 »

Bit old school here so it’s great to see so much effort go into the artwork. Brilliant stuff. All The Peacemakers is superb. Struggling to find a working link to New Testament and Guttersnipes From Garageland - if anyone can help?
These really are how reissues should be done. Thanks.

CDS1976
Corner Soul

Post by CDS1976 »

I just heard about the Guttersnipes compilation but the link appears to be gone. Can that one be shared again? Thank you.

JohnRetch
Corner Soul

Post by JohnRetch »

Like so many others I've only just discovered this forum, and these amazing remasters! Great stuff Marky - you're a legend!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnRetch wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 4:53pm
Like so many others I've only just discovered this forum, and these amazing remasters! Great stuff Marky - you're a legend!
Hope you enjoy them.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia