Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by matedog »

Mimi wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:07am
matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:10am
Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).
Sleep in a separate room, wear a mask around the house, keep your distance as much as possible, get retested soon.
That's the plan as of this morning, though I am IMCT-sized, so I don't fit on my couch. This also means my wife is going to have to take on most of the child care this week while also trying to work full time.

Her family that we saw on Christmas is all getting tested. If they all come back negative and my retest comes back negative then that will (not definitely) support it being a false positive.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm just seeing this - best wishes and hopes for a speedy and complete recovery for Andrew and Marky's son. So sorry you both have to deal with this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 10:52am
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).
Sleep in a separate room, wear a mask around the house, keep your distance as much as possible, get retested soon.
That's the plan as of this morning, though I am IMCT-sized, so I don't fit on my couch. This also means my wife is going to have to take on most of the child care this week while also trying to work full time.

Her family that we saw on Christmas is all getting tested. If they all come back negative and my retest comes back negative then that will (not definitely) support it being a false positive.
Absolute best wishes mate.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:

I'm reading that those are pretty common. Let us know, bud.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 4:31pm
matedog wrote:
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:

I'm reading that those are pretty common. Let us know, bud.
They are not recommending me get retested. The nurse was pretty pissed off and I'm sure she gets people insisting on false positives all the time. The main thing is if I test positive, I have to restart my quarantine (I'm 4 days into the 10 day quarantine). Not the end of the world, but now we are trying to figure out how to get June back into preschool, assuming it is safe to do so. Preschool basically said "she's got a negative test, bring her in" but we aren't comfortable with that.

Current plan is that the coworker is moving out of the extra bedroom we have today, fortunately, so I will move down there hopefully tonight and separate myself from the wife and kid. Currently I'm masking in the house now, but the extra bedroom is separate from the rest of the house, so this will help. Jeanine and June get retested at the end of the week to confirm they are still negative and then send June back to preschool next Monday.

Sucks a whole bunch that my wife has to bear the brunt of the extra work now since I can't really help watch after June. She basically has to take the whole week off. Also keeping a 3 year old inside for 10 days in a maybe 1000SF house isn't so easy. When we kept her home over 5 months in 2020, the easiest way to kill time was to go on hikes which we can't do now. We'll get through it, but it's going to be fucking hard and Jeanine is going to have it the hardest. I just have to be grateful we are healthy and have nice things like a spare bedroom and employment.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sounds rough Andrew but at least you have IMCT to keep you company and you can zoom with the wife and kid and she looks old enough to have some understanding.

My daughter says depending on the test they dont see many false positives and Everyone who gets a positive wants a re-test. So the nurse is probably just tired of hearing people ask to be retested.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Update regards my son. He had the medics out to him day before last. His breathing had become very shallow. But today he seems to be improving, he feels a little weak and is coughing still but not as much as previously. Hopefully this is a sign of his recovery.

Good luck Matey hope things improve for you very quickly.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 8:45am
Update regards my son. He had the medics out to him day before last. His breathing had become very shallow. But today he seems to be improving, he feels a little weak and is coughing still but not as much as previously. Hopefully this is a sign of his recovery.
Thanks for the update and hopefully he is turning the corner.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:

Hopefully on the mend mate.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:

Thanks Mark, may the improvement continue til he's better
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:

Oof, that's really scary. I hope he continues in the positive direction.

No news or symptoms on my end. After changing plans about ten times yesterday, I'm in isolation at my wife's grandmother's cabin in the woods. I'm heading back on Sunday. Coworker can't move out until the 15th. I was annoyed because he was supposed to move out about five times by now, but I'm being dumb and it's certainly not his fault I likely have COVID. I'm lucky to have this option, I just can't help with my daughter at all. Wife is being a superstar and is pretty much taking the whole week off and I'm sure June will get way more tv than normal and that's totally okay. Wife and daughter will get tested at the end of the week to confirm they are still clear. We will go back to normal either on Monday or Friday of next week depending on a few things.

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 8:53pm
Sounds rough Andrew but at least you have IMCT to keep you company and you can zoom with the wife and kid and she looks old enough to have some understanding.

My daughter says depending on the test they dont see many false positives and Everyone who gets a positive wants a re-test. So the nurse is probably just tired of hearing people ask to be retested.
For sure. I'm really really lucky compared to most. For me and the fam, it's basically just a pretty moderate inconvenience and that's not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, when I acknowledged that she probably gets asked about false positives a lot, she did lighten up a bit.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Thanks for the update, both Mark and Andrew. Hoping things continue trending upward for your son, Marky, and that things stay the course for you, matey.
Last edited by Flex on 05 Jan 2021, 12:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Flex wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 12:48pm
Thanks for the update, both Mark and Andrew. Hoping things continue trending upward for your son, Markus, and that things stay the course for you, matey.
Seconded, and I hope everyone else is doing OK. The UK lockdown is a pain but a necessity. If Covid didn't directly get my mum last year then it was at least a contributory factor, so take care everyone.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

laxman wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 12:52pm
Flex wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 12:48pm
Thanks for the update, both Mark and Andrew. Hoping things continue trending upward for your son, Markus, and that things stay the course for you, matey.
Seconded, and I hope everyone else is doing OK. The UK lockdown is a pain but a necessity. If Covid didn't directly get my mum last year then it was at least a contributory factor, so take care everyone.
Hello,

I'm with these two - I hope progress continues. For better or worse, here in NC there's lockdown. I was pretty isolated - school, grocery store, home (actually you could change isolated to boring).
Last edited by gkbill on 05 Jan 2021, 1:07pm, edited 1 time in total.