Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 12:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 12:45pm
Absolutely hilarious if the difference were crazed Trumpists boycotting to punish the Republicans for insufficient fealty. Everyone in the party knew Trump would knife them sooner or later, yet they lacked the spine or principle to oppose him. And this is what happens.
If the US has a Dem controlled Senate, then I'm genuinely, I promise you, sincerely delighted at this horrible result. I am so happy at the rate of decline being very slightly slowed. It's the best possible news for my American friends and the world.
Better yet if the Republican Party does experience a genuine schism that has them more focused on attacking each other. Let them eat each other alive.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

For the record I called it for the Ds at 9:32pm last night :cool:

It'll be interesting to see what happens now.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Absolutely hilarious if the difference were crazed Trumpists boycotting to punish the Republicans for insufficient fealty. Everyone in the party knew Trump would knife them sooner or later, yet they lacked the spine or principle to oppose him. And this is what happens.
If the US has a Dem controlled Senate, then I'm genuinely, I promise you, sincerely delighted at this horrible result. I am so happy at the rate of decline being very slightly slowed. It's the best possible news for my American friends and the world.
Indeed and any further weakening of the Republican party is welcome

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:06pm
For the record I called it for the Ds at 9:32pm last night :cool:

It'll be interesting to see what happens now.
Sure in your time zone but in the real world I was losing my mind.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:07pm
Sorry, that was eastern time. It was 7:32 mountain.

Addendum: that's when a big batch of northern georgia votes came in and it was clear that those counties turnout was going to be a little under what they needed.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:18pm
That's what kills me with these baseless voter fraud allegations. Wouldn't that mean that all of the republicans who won election/reelection were elected fraudulently too? When called out on this, they all clam up.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's what kills me with these baseless voter fraud allegations. Wouldn't that mean that all of the republicans who won election/reelection were elected fraudulently too? When called out on this, they all clam up.
There was a Texas Republican who made that same argument, that all elected Republicans from those four states should be denying their own victories. Life's funny.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
All kinds of irony in that.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:25pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
There was a Texas Republican who made that same argument, that all elected Republicans from those four states should be denying their own victories. Life's funny.
Yeah - even my odious rep. Anne Wagner is on the side of reason on this issue.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:09pm
revbob wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:07pm
Sorry, that was eastern time. It was 7:32 mountain.

Addendum: that's when a big batch of northern georgia votes came in and it was clear that those counties turnout was going to be a little under what they needed.
Ok clearly I was much drunker than you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not sure if this is true (and I don't have a deep enough interest to check), but supposedly Trump is the first president since Hoover to start his term holding both the House and Senate and ending it losing both (and re-election, of course).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:31pm
Not sure if this is true (and I don't have a deep enough interest to check), but supposedly Trump is the first president since Hoover to start his term holding both the House and Senate and ending it losing both (and re-election, of course).
Well done Donnie!!!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 1:00pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Better yet if the Republican Party does experience a genuine schism that has them more focused on attacking each other. Let them eat each other alive.
Ah, you mean the Democrat Method.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc