No votes
"Penny Lane"
39%

Total votes: 18

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Magical Mystery Tour - Side B - Round 3

Post by Wolter »

If SFF loses this side I will eat my hat.

(Buys a pepperoni hat to hedge the bets.)

I’m annoyed that Hello Goodbye is losing this round instead of the correct next round, though.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 7:32pm
If SFF loses this side I will eat my hat.

(Buys a pepperoni hat to hedge the bets.)

I’m annoyed that Hello Goodbye is losing this round instead of the correct next round, though.
Is Pepperoni Hat a good band name?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 6:46pm
Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 6:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 5:12pm
Yeah, looking at these results, I think I'm done with these Beatles polls
Sorry you feel that way Doc. I was personally enjoying the contrasting votes and opinions, which I assumed were just the usual IMCT banter.
The banter is always fun, but I love this band enough that seeing so many excellent song go down against relatively tame options is depressing. I sincerely think SFF might get passed up for PL, which is utterly depressing.
I'm similarly dispirited from time to time with these results, but given how depressed I am generally, it's nice to have the polls to look forward to each day as a little break from whatever I'm working on. I was a lot more down about how the women artists polls went.

In any case, we're almost done and your insights are valuable. Also, I need your vote to further my agenda.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 9:28pm
I need your vote to further my agenda.
My vote will be insufficient. Look to the most conventional song on each side going forward and move all your betting chips to it. Seriously, it genuinely depresses me that we like to fancy ourselves as thoughtful and demanding music fans but are collectively making choices like listcicle writers for People.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 9:43pm
Kory wrote:
My vote will be insufficient. Look to the most conventional song on each side going forward and move all your betting chips to it. Seriously, it genuinely depresses me that we like to fancy ourselves as thoughtful and demanding music fans but are collectively making choices like listcicle writers for People.
I dunno, we got what we wanted for Revolver and Pepper side B at least. I'm confident that democracy will win the day for bizarre tunes.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Hey man, the Exploited/Dave fan has your back in these polls. :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 9:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I dunno, we got what we wanted for Revolver and Pepper side B at least. I'm confident that democracy will win the day for bizarre tunes.
"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" will win its side. Care to bet on that proposition?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 10:00pm
Hey man, the Exploited/Dave fan has your back in these polls. :cool:
You generate the weirdest Venn diagrams.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 10:01pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
While good songs fall out early, we do always seem to get to the correct song by the end, so I think I probably would take that bet. I don't think anybody on this board is a fan of cod ska. I hope not anyway. It'll last too long but it won't win.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 10:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
While good songs fall out early, we do always seem to get to the correct song by the end, so I think I probably would take that bet. I don't think anybody on this board is a fan of cod ska. I hope not anyway. It'll last too long but it won't win.
Perhaps, but it does mean you'll have to contend with it round after round after round, as better songs that don't get played on AM radio get thrown overboard.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
cod ska
Ahh yes, third wave from Provincetown.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 7:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 7:14pm
Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 7:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 6:46pm
Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 6:03pm

Sorry you feel that way Doc. I was personally enjoying the contrasting votes and opinions, which I assumed were just the usual IMCT banter.
The banter is always fun, but I love this band enough that seeing so many excellent song go down against relatively tame options is depressing. I sincerely think SFF might get passed up for PL, which is utterly depressing.
I was surprised by the sudden turn against Hello Goodbye, but there is no way PL will beat SFF in the face off.
No chance that SFF won't beat PL. SFF is way too strong.
An all timer. Tune, lyrics, execution, production all 10/10.
😎👍🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
We got rid of Yesterday pretty quickly, we got some things right.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
If that pile of steaming hot turd wins I'm seriously leaving this forum. Now there's a challenge. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I can't remember what is on its side but I love Ob-La-Di.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board