Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 11:57am
Last weekend I picked up some kind of bug that for about a day left me with the worst case of vertigo I'd ever experienced. Stumbling around, grabbing onto furniture, staying low as possible. The Boss immediately assumed I'd gotten the rona until she read that vertigo isn't one of the symptoms. And then I was fine the next day. She's been kind of uncomfortable the past ten months in assuming the worst in even the most innocuous experiences.
I had vertigo for a few days, it started on news Year's eve and I chalked it up to drunkenness at first but it only got worse the next day and slowly went away. I did some research and chalked it up to "benign positional vertigo" which I guess is fairly common but it was the first Id heard of it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Last weekend I picked up some kind of bug that for about a day left me with the worst case of vertigo I'd ever experienced. Stumbling around, grabbing onto furniture, staying low as possible. The Boss immediately assumed I'd gotten the rona until she read that vertigo isn't one of the symptoms. And then I was fine the next day. She's been kind of uncomfortable the past ten months in assuming the worst in even the most innocuous experiences.
I had vertigo for a few days, it started on news Year's eve and I chalked it up to drunkenness at first but it only got worse the next day and slowly went away. I did some research and chalked it up to "benign positional vertigo" which I guess is fairly common but it was the first Id heard of it.
It was the weirdest damned thing for me because otherwise I felt fine. I concluded that it was just another sign of getting old and breaking down.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 2:48pm

I concluded that it was just another sign of getting old and breaking down.
I've had elbow tendonitis since last summer. Age is an asshole. I'd go to the doctor but there's that plague going on.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 4:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've had elbow tendonitis since last summer. Age is an asshole. I'd go to the doctor but there's that plague going on.
Dont grip so hard and switch hands more often :shifty:

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 4:31pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Dont grip so hard and switch hands more often :shifty:
Hello,

You beat me to it (no pun intended).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, you guys have this covered, so nothing left to do but point and laugh at Beaneater.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was the weirdest damned thing for me because otherwise I felt fine. I concluded that it was just another sign of getting old and breaking down.
Yeah it kind of scared me because it just happened, no warning.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

In the meantime, try to favor the other arm as much as possible and stay super hydrated. The best thing you can do with tendinitis is to stay off the joint and wait for it to go away. Try some anti-inflammatories as well. I've just started this thing where if I keep my elbow crooked or my arms crossed for too long, the elbow or shoulder gets sore. It's going to require figuring out how to sleep in a different position.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 4:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah it kind of scared me because it just happened, no warning.
I get vertigo a lot. For me, it's usually from dehydration, allergies (sneezing too much), eye strain, or tmj (or is it tmd?). AND GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BostonBeaneater

Kory wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 4:46pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

In the meantime, try to favor the other arm as much as possible and stay super hydrated. The best thing you can do with tendinitis is to stay off the joint and wait for it to go away. Try some anti-inflammatories as well. I've just started this thing where if I keep my elbow crooked or my arms crossed for too long, the elbow or shoulder gets sore. It's going to require figuring out how to sleep in a different position.
It's on my dexterous arm so it's difficult to rest it. I've got one of those compression sleeves and that has been relieving. It's not awful pain but it is chronic.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 5:28pm
Kory wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 4:46pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's on my dexterous arm so it's difficult to rest it. I've got one of those compression sleeves and that has been relieving. It's not awful pain but it is chronic.
The compression sleeves really do work. That and changing something in your regular habits that is probably causing it.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 5:32pm

That and changing something in your regular habits that is probably causing it.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Just had news that my Mum and brothers have tested positive for covid. They're all home in London. They've been positive since 14th. My head is blown to bits about this, can barely think.

Mum's the major worry with 30% lung capacity from her copd.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 8:42am
Just had news that my Mum and brothers have tested positive for covid. They're all home in London. They've been positive since 14th. My head is blown to bits about this, can barely think.

Christ, very sorry to hear this, especially about your mother. As I suggested to Marky, if they don't already have a blood oxygen monitor, get one immediately.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 8:42am

Oh shit, sorry to hear mate, sending positive thoughts. My sister and her family in Reading have all had it but seem to be over the worst. I really hope it turns out fine for your mum.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board