Unknown Immortal

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 9:13pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 8:24pm
They're all such babies.

Someone somewhere else observed that these people would shit themselves if they had to do a single day in jail, let alone the 10–20 years they could be facing. They will be scrambling to name names to cut deals.
Come on, we all know its antifa keeping them on the no fly list.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Perhaps the people running Parler aren't that smart:

Also: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 85343.html
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

These people are the worst of the worst.

https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/lo ... 3ea03.html

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 12:58pm
Perhaps the people running Parler aren't that smart:

Also: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 85343.html
So, so happy with how this one's folded out.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wordpress is ok, but not for a social media platform.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The one thing that calms my nerves about these assholes is that, on the whole, they're undisciplined and really stupid (naive, in their own way), and that that's a feature, not a bug. They're still dangerous, of course, but they're closer to being LARPers than actual revolutionaries. The leftist terrorists in the US in the late 60s and early 70s were a helluva lot more disciplined.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 1:59pm
The one thing that calms my nerves about these assholes is that, on the whole, they're undisciplined and really stupid (naive, in their own way), and that that's a feature, not a bug. They're still dangerous, of course, but they're closer to being LARPers than actual revolutionaries. The leftist terrorists in the US in the late 60s and early 70s were a helluva lot more disciplined.
The majority of their foes didn't exist solely in their imagination
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 2:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 1:59pm
The majority of their foes didn't exist solely in their imagination
It is weird, tho, given how many cops and military people are in these groups that be there to say, They can track you if don't do this. Or: Don't upload raw footage. Again, little things to be grateful for.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater

BostonBeaneater

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Monday he will not be accepting the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Donald Trump, issuing a statement in which he referenced the mob attack on the US Capitol on Wednesday.

"The decision has been made not to move forward with the award," he said. "Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"All my evil friends are turning against me!"
revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 7:17am

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Monday he will not be accepting the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Donald Trump, issuing a statement in which he referenced the mob attack on the US Capitol on Wednesday.

"The decision has been made not to move forward with the award," he said. "Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy."

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 7:36am
revbob wrote:

This is probably the first time Ive had a positive feeling about BB.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 8:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 7:36am
revbob wrote:

This is probably the first time Ive had a positive feeling about BB.
I read a column this morning that said something to the same effect. He's respected him but this is the first time he's felt something warmer about BB. It's suggestive about his reputation that rejecting a medal from an insane fascist merits some kind of salute to his character.