Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 10:02pm

A Dartmouth man, are you!
Pshaw!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Cheers all, feel a bit merry on these beauties this eve. Hope you're all having a good one.
Attachments
20210112_200658.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sours are tough. Yeah Im drinking again. I had some good news after a shitty day so yeah Im having a few.

Switched to the Cuban rum. Wow this is good.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Followed by the worst hangover since 2012.

I got up drank some water and took some pain killer. Was starting to feel ok so I had a piece of a croissant and within minutes was puking in the toilet. Finished the croissant drank more water and went to work. I stuck it out til nearly 11. I decided to try my old high school remedy and got a chicken sandwich and coke from BK. I choked that down and was feeling a little better but decided I needed to go home and sleep it off. I did one last piece of the old remedy and got some chocolate milk, took a mouthful and nearly puked several times in my car.

I made it home and napped feeling almost human.

Lesson learned?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 3:52pm

I got up drank some water and took some pain killer. Was starting to feel ok so I had a piece of a croissant and within minutes was puking in the toilet. Finished the croissant drank more water and went to work. I stuck it out til nearly 11. I decided to try my old high school remedy and got a chicken sandwich and coke from BK. I choked that down and was feeling a little better but decided I needed to go home and sleep it off. I did one last piece of the old remedy and got some chocolate milk, took a mouthful and nearly puked several times in my car.

Lesson learned?
You ain't a teenager no more, man. Your body has shifted from adventure mode to self-preservation mode.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 4:03pm
revbob wrote:

Lesson learned?
You ain't a teenager no more, man. Your body has shifted from adventure mode to self-preservation mode.
OR you're just not drinking to this level quite regularly enough. You're just not used to it.

I'm expecting a similar hangover tomorrow morning. Since my org laid off a bunch of people (including my dev partner) there seems to be a deficit of understanding that I'm the only dev on the team now. I'm going to need to get completely hammered tonight to get over the stress of people asking why things are taking so long, when they are the ones piling the projects and deadlines on me.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 4:31pm
OR you're just not drinking to this level quite regularly enough. You're just not used to it.
That, too. But being old means practicing more.
I'm expecting a similar hangover tomorrow morning. Since my org laid off a bunch of people (including my dev partner) there seems to be a deficit of understanding that I'm the only dev on the team now. I'm going to need to get completely hammered tonight to get over the stress of people asking why things are taking so long, when they are the ones piling the projects and deadlines on me.
Ooof. Glad that you're still employed, but sorry that you're bearing the brunt of that loss of co-workers.

(You should listen to Godspeed tonight. :shifty: )

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 4:45pm
Kory wrote:
That, too. But being old means practicing more.
Ooof. Glad that you're still employed, but sorry that you're bearing the brunt of that loss of co-workers.

(You should listen to Godspeed tonight. :shifty: )
On one hand it might be job security, but on the other, it might be the opposite if i start missing deadlines (hasn't happened yet).

I think I will listen tonight, actually.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 4:03pm
revbob wrote:

Lesson learned?

Yeah I use the term drinking shape, Im not in drinking shape, which is probably a good thing.

Sorry to hear about the job situation. Very stressful for sure. That happened to me once, we went from 12 people to 4. And Id known those 8 people for a good many years. I left not too soon after. There are now to techs working there.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 5:00pm
On one hand it might be job security, but on the other, it might be the opposite if i start missing deadlines (hasn't happened yet).
If the worst happens, it won't be your fault. Dumping extra work on people is the equivalent of setting someone up to fail. If your boss is even modestly competent, they'll realize that cutting staff create its own difficult environment.
I think I will listen tonight, actually.
You and I will fully cement our alliance, like Flex and Wolter or Heston and Tom. Team NobodyLikesOurMusic!

BostonBeaneater

I just bought some rum because I never learn. Hot buttered rum tonight.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 5:25pm
It's not cold enough yet for that to me. I need it to be miserable outside to properly embrace hot buttered rum. Like confirming defiance of nature that wants to kill me.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 5:32pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
It's not cold enough yet for that to me. I need it to be miserable outside to properly embrace hot buttered rum. Like confirming defiance of nature that wants to kill me.
For me it's the lack of daylight.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 5:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 5:32pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
For me it's the lack of daylight.
Good enough. As you long you understand it's born of cruel nature.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 5:21pm
If the worst happens, it won't be your fault. Dumping extra work on people is the equivalent of setting someone up to fail. If your boss is even modestly competent, they'll realize that cutting staff create its own difficult environment.
Yeah I think my direct boss went to bat for me during this last layoff period so I think she wants me to succeed. Having a good work ethic pays off even though I resent it, I guess. The Executive team says they were very strategic about this round of layoffs, projecting out for three years on it so I'm safe until then at least, unless something explodes. At this point I'm starting to get some seniority so that's valuable to them too, I think.
You and I will fully cement our alliance, like Flex and Wolter or Heston and Tom. Team NobodyLikesOurMusic!
Ha, even you don't like some of the stuff I like!