Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 2:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 1:38pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 7:24am
I was the passenger in a car going down a hill (not a huge incline) toward a large pond. The road curved around it but it was winter and the driver didn't slow enough, so the car left the road and skimmed across the pond for a bit before sinking. There wasn't any panic in getting out of the car because I took my time ejecting the cassettes from multiple players in the dash, then went thru the window. Just before I reached the surface, I looked back and a polar bear grabbed my leg and pulled me down.
And to say, people are trying to save the polar bears when they are fucking psychos.

I just want to know who doesn't know how to drive in winter in my dream. C'mon, slow the fuck down.
Maybe they were following the orders of the navigation app like on that one episode of the American Office.
A car with multiple tape decks is resistant to GPS. It just has to be.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I have a friend who has occasionally asked me to watch his dog for a couple days while he travelled. So last night I had a dream that he had asked me to watch his pet Bengal tiger for a few days, which was like 12 feet long from head to tail. The only thing he left for me to feed it was a big rectangular dish of bread stuffing with baby carrots in it, which was to last several days. I’d scoop some of this food into his main food dish with an ice cream scoop while the tiger sat in the kitchen wide-eyed and stared at me. It was meat-less and obviously insufficient food for a tiger, which would then lay around and watch me intently as I walked around the house, like a cat watches a mouse in a glass tank. All I kept thinking throughout the dream was “Dammit Mike, come and get your fuckin’ tiger! Never again!”

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had a series of fucked up dreams last night, none of which I can remember but I do recall waking up a few times thinking how fucked up they were.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 7:54pm
I had a series of fucked up dreams last night, none of which I can remember but I do recall waking up a few times thinking how fucked up they were.
Last night was definitely a ripe night for fucked up dreams.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 8:02pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 7:54pm
Last night was definitely a ripe night for fucked up dreams.
Mine were very chaotic.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Milk vampires. The world's milk supply was being stolen/consumed by Nosferatu-looking vampires. But one good vampire stole a bunch back and allowed himself to be milked like a cow. Also, apparently cow's milk is the equivalent of Budweiser. The good stuff is from pretty much any other mammal. There was a conspiracy involved, but I don't remember the details.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 7:49am
Milk vampires. The world's milk supply was being stolen/consumed by Nosferatu-looking vampires. But one good vampire stole a bunch back and allowed himself to be milked like a cow. Also, apparently cow's milk is the equivalent of Budweiser. The good stuff is from pretty much any other mammal. There was a conspiracy involved, but I don't remember the details.
Mikk vampires...Wow!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had a dream the wife and I went to visit an aunt of mine. I wasn't sure where it was until I looked out from the front porch and in my dream I said this is New Zealand, it looks just like the pictures 101 would post. Then my aunt asked if we wanted a drink of water and when we said yes she said the water pump want working but her husband (seemingly not my uncle) was going to fix it but he was never seen in the dream and was watching some kind of sports on TV. I went down to check circuit breakers and found two had been tripped. I reset those but there were also wires just sticking out that should have been grounded and Im thinking Im not here to fix their electrical problems. (Personal non dream observation: The issue of something like that is once you fix it you own it with some people). Anyway there was a weird baseball in the basement made of glass with regional beer promo stickers on it. I went back upstairs and it was Christmas and they tried to give that bat to my wife as a gift. The dream then morphed into an actual game and we were winning by a lot so the other team forfeited and I never got to bat.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 9:44am
I had a dream the wife and I went to visit an aunt of mine. I wasn't sure where it was until I looked out from the front porch and in my dream I said this is New Zealand, it looks just like the pictures 101 would post. Then my aunt asked if we wanted a drink of water and when we said yes she said the water pump want working but her husband (seemingly not my uncle) was going to fix it but he was never seen in the dream and was watching some kind of sports on TV. I went down to check circuit breakers and found two had been tripped. I reset those but there were also wires just sticking out that should have been grounded and Im thinking Im not here to fix their electrical problems. (Personal non dream observation: The issue of something like that is once you fix it you own it with some people). Anyway there was a weird baseball in the basement made of glass with regional beer promo stickers on it. I went back upstairs and it was Christmas and they tried to give that bat to my wife as a gift. The dream then morphed into an actual game and we were winning by a lot so the other team forfeited and I never got to bat.
Wonderfully evocative and detailed. I like how your own real-world attitudes were transferred into the dream state.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 9:57am
revbob wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 9:44am
Wonderfully evocative and detailed. I like how your own real-world attitudes were transferred into the dream state.
Yeah it was really weird when in my own dream I referenced 101.

Ive been trying to remember my dreams more lately. Its been hit or miss, mostly miss.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 10:11am
Ive been trying to remember my dreams more lately. Its been hit or miss, mostly miss.
I do think it’s an ability that has to be practiced and developed, making a point of really trying to remember at the moment you wake up. It’s tough, but rewarding to engage with your weirdo unconscious like that.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 10:46am
revbob wrote:
I do think it’s an ability that has to be practiced and developed, making a point of really trying to remember at the moment you wake up. It’s tough, but rewarding to engage with your weirdo unconscious like that.
There was a time where I would have said I dont dream or rarely dream. I am a very light sleeper so I think there is some truth to that but Ive turned to OTC sleep aids a bit recently and have noticed when I do I have some weird dreams.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 10:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
There was a time where I would have said I dont dream or rarely dream. I am a very light sleeper so I think there is some truth to that but Ive turned to OTC sleep aids a bit recently and have noticed when I do I have some weird dreams.
My understanding is that dreaming is essential to our sleep, a vital brain activity. So believing we're not dreaming is that they evaporate from our mind super quickly.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 11:47am
revbob wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 10:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
My understanding is that dreaming is essential to our sleep, a vital brain activity. So believing we're not dreaming is that they evaporate from our mind super quickly.
Yes Ive read/heard this a lot and I sincerely hope that is what I experience most of the time.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Weird dream, aren't they all. Anyway it took place at an old workplace with current coworkers. The girl from Blossom now a woman came in for a special assignment. Someone made some crude sexual remarks and it turned into one of those HR Sexual Harassment scenarios but at the same time was real and some people were wondering if they might be fired.