Earthquake Weather LP

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
JChampion
Sightsee MC

Earthquake Weather LP

Post by JChampion »

Do you think that Earthquake Weather will ever be re-released on vinyl? I mean vinyl has made a big comeback and the ones on eBay are way high price wise. I dropped the ball back in the day. I have it on cassette and cd but wish I would have grabbed it on vinyl. Anybody else wish it was readily available on vinyl?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Earthquake Weather LP

Post by WestwayKid »

I would love a new pressing, but it appears there are a handful of used copies available on eBay and Discogs...but yeah, a little pricey. I guess I'd be surprised to see it re-released, however.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'd love to see Drastic Plastic take a crack at reissuing the LP. They do great work with punk and punk adjancent vinyl reissues.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I'm pretty sure Dark Horse records have licensed all "outside of the Clash" Joe material. Obviously the covid has put things back but I'm sure there were things in the works. The fact 001 only had Ride Your Donkey from EW led some to speculate a full release may being prepared. Who knows? Nothing is ever straightforward in Clash world.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 12:46pm
I'm pretty sure Dark Horse records have licensed all "outside of the Clash" Joe material. Obviously the covid has put things back but I'm sure there were things in the works. The fact 001 only had Ride Your Donkey from EW led some to speculate a full release may being prepared. Who knows? Nothing is ever straightforward in Clash world.
This looks to be the best chance then.
The other thing that would speed along the process would be me paying the inflated eBay price.
It would then get released the next day :lol:

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 12:46pm
I bought the 2011 cd reissue of 'Earthquake Weather' and it is basic to say the least. A front cover and on the inside just track listing, not even song-writing credits. I hope Dark Horse Records do a reissue which is an improvement.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I seriously doubt the Dark Horse agreement covers Earthquake Weather, which was recorded under the Clash contract.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 8:18pm
I seriously doubt the Dark Horse agreement covers Earthquake Weather, which was recorded under the Clash contract.
I was just speculating to be honest, more in hope than expectation.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Does that contract also cover the Permanent Record tracks?

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

dave202 wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 6:55am
Does that contract also cover the Permanent Record tracks?
I’d expect so. The soundtrack was released on Epic.

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

I broke down and ordered the LP version. The only thing left would be an 8-track version and I believe they were obsolete in ‘89. :lol:
I saw Joe on the Earthquake Weather tour at the Keswick Theater in Glenside, Pa. That night I met him for the first time after the show. Always a great guy with his time.

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

It's funny to think that Sony wouldn't re-release it on vinyl at least in a limited pressing.
They did the Gansterville 12" single for Record Day a couple years back.
Maybe that was a "drip the toe in the water" to get an idea if it would be worth it to them.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 10:38am
It's funny to think that Sony wouldn't re-release it on vinyl at least in a limited pressing.
Maybe that was a "drip the toe in the water" to get an idea if it would be worth it to them.
I have the CD and vinyl album. Did have the cassette a long time back.

Sony did put out an expanded edition a few years back that was only available on a CDR.

I only listen to my remaster now.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

JChampion wrote:
I can't believe they never reissued From Here To Eternity on vinyl. Original pressings from 1999 go for insane amounts these days, and something like a RSD reissue would surely sell.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 4:09pm
JChampion wrote:
I have the CD and vinyl album. Did have the cassette a long time back.

Sony did put out an expanded edition a few years back that was only available on a CDR.

I only listen to my remaster now.
Once again I missed out on one of your remasters and that album needed it!