Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
danbot
Dirty Punk

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by danbot »

Just found out about this site also and binge-read (is that a thing?) the last 133 pages on this thread. Looking forward to catching up on all your remasters, Marky! Wish I could listen as fast I can download. It’s hard to know where to start but I decided to go with the Mogador Theatre from September 26, 1981. I have the master from Serge that popped up last summer but I like what you did with it. Your remaster gets rid of some of the boominess of the original tape and brings the band forward. Nicely done.

And what a show! I’ve played it several times over the last couple days. I love how the audience is immediately into it and clapping along to Broadway. The best audience recordings put you right there and this is one of ‘em. It’s been mentioned previously on this thread but it’s a gutsy, and great, choice for an opener. I like how the show unfolds. The band is in their prime with great tunes and confident playing. Especially digging Topper. I think I’ll be playing this show for years to come.

Just for comparison, I broke out your version of Feb 13, 1979 since I hadn’t heard it in awhile. Back to back with a show from ‘81, it’s amazing how much the band developed live in just a couple years.

Anyway, thanks for the treasure trove of shows to check out. Very much looking forward to exploring. I’ve not heard much Big Audio Dynamite live so maybe I’ll dive into that next. On the other hand, I’ve never heard the Music Machine shows from ‘78.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

danbot wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:16pm
Just found out about this site also and binge-read (is that a thing?) the last 133 pages on this thread. Looking forward to catching up on all your remasters, Marky! Wish I could listen as fast I can download. It’s hard to know where to start but I decided to go with the Mogador Theatre from September 26, 1981. I have the master from Serge that popped up last summer but I like what you did with it. Your remaster gets rid of some of the boominess of the original tape and brings the band forward. Nicely done.

And what a show! I’ve played it several times over the last couple days. I love how the audience is immediately into it and clapping along to Broadway. The best audience recordings put you right there and this is one of ‘em. It’s been mentioned previously on this thread but it’s a gutsy, and great, choice for an opener. I like how the show unfolds. The band is in their prime with great tunes and confident playing. Especially digging Topper. I think I’ll be playing this show for years to come.

Just for comparison, I broke out your version of Feb 13, 1979 since I hadn’t heard it in awhile. Back to back with a show from ‘81, it’s amazing how much the band developed live in just a couple years.

Anyway, thanks for the treasure trove of shows to check out. Very much looking forward to exploring. I’ve not heard much Big Audio Dynamite live so maybe I’ll dive into that next. On the other hand, I’ve never heard the Music Machine shows from ‘78.
Cheers danbot. A lot of the links have been removed. But fear not I aim to put them all back up in an easier to find date type list.

I have a lot on my place at the moment but it will get done.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

danbot
Dirty Punk

Post by danbot »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 8:03pm
danbot wrote:

Anyway, thanks for the treasure trove of shows to check out. Very much looking forward to exploring. I’ve not heard much Big Audio Dynamite live so maybe I’ll dive into that next. On the other hand, I’ve never heard the Music Machine shows from ‘78
Cheers danbot. A lot of the links have been removed. But fear not I aim to put them all back up in an easier to find date type list.

There’s plenty here to enjoy while you get your archives together ;) Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this. Was listening to 1978-07-25 earlier today. I haven’t heard a lot of ‘78 shows with good sound. Going to queue up the 27th later this weekend.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

danbot wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 8:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:

Anyway, thanks for the treasure trove of shows to check out. Very much looking forward to exploring. I’ve not heard much Big Audio Dynamite live so maybe I’ll dive into that next. On the other hand, I’ve never heard the Music Machine shows from ‘78

There’s plenty here to enjoy while you get your archives together ;) Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this. Was listening to 1978-07-25 earlier today. I haven’t heard a lot of ‘78 shows with good sound. Going to queue up the 27th later this weekend.
Nice one mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 8:19pm
danbot wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:

Nice one mate.
I have been playing quite a few recently. Marky, you are a star. The November 1977 Birmingham show was a definite highlight. BMC gives that a 2.5 rating so your skills on that one were considerable.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 5:28am
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 8:19pm
danbot wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
danbot wrote:

Nice one mate.
I have been playing quite a few recently. Marky, you are a star. The November 1977 Birmingham show was a definite highlight. BMC gives that a 2.5 rating so your skills on that one were considerable.
Cheers mate. 👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Marky

Your skills are incredible, I've been listening to your remasters and the difference to the original sources are remarkable.
The old saying "You Can't Polish A Turd" should now be rewritten, to say "Unless it is polished by Marky"
Great Work Mate, keep it up,
You are giving so much pleasure to everyone on the site.

CDS
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 8:25am
Marky

Your skills are incredible, I've been listening to your remasters and the difference to the original sources are remarkable.
The old saying "You Can't Polish A Turd" should now be rewritten, to say "Unless it is polished by Marky"

CDS
Cheers,
Marky (Chief Clash turd polisher). ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnRetch
Corner Soul

Post by JohnRetch »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 8:28am
Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
Marky

CDS
Cheers,
Yeah, I have to agree Marky! I don't know how you do it, but like everyone else I'm just glad that you do! :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnRetch wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 4:49am
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 8:28am
Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
Marky

CDS
Cheers,
Yeah, I have to agree Marky! I don't know how you do it, but like everyone else I'm just glad that you do! :mrgreen:
:approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnRetch
Corner Soul

Post by JohnRetch »

Hey Marky,
Is there a first album remix that you've done that I've missed?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnRetch wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 6:53am
Hey Marky,
Yep there is. It's sadly been posted over on Punktorrents by some muppet. So I won't be re-upping here again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnRetch
Corner Soul

Post by JohnRetch »

Ahh that's a bugger!
There's always some bellend fucking things up!

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

That's really bad to hear. What will happen to my addiction? (And I'm pretty sure that goes for many others)

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

I don't see it on Punktorrents. Maybe it has been removed?

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 7:46am
JohnRetch wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 6:53am
Hey Marky,
Yep there is. It's sadly been posted over on Punktorrents by some muppet. So I won't be re-upping here again.