The De-Berniator

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
drugstabbingmime
Corner Soul

Re: The De-Berniator

Post by drugstabbingmime »

wow. Excellent work! I've had fun with the stems I've got, but this is a whole different level of dedication! Thanks for sharing!!!

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Thanks for effort and time you put into to this. North and South is my fav at the moment, but they all sound amazing.

incarico60
Corner Soul

Post by incarico60 »

Really, REALLY a great job. My personal highlights are the old style Three Card Trick and This Is England, and the born again Fingerpoppin' (I heard the London version: I knew it was possible). That was worth a 35 years wait (but I never get bored of these twelve songs, by the way). Please, try Ammunition! Complimenti!

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Are You Ready For War would've sounded epic on the radio back in 1985

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Holy shit this is great! Thanks so much for the work you put into this.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Thanks very much for doing this. Just listened all the way through and it's excellent. Goes to show there was a fairly decent album there. Three Card Trick is the standout for me isn't far behind This is England as the best track Clash 2 recorded.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

This is the album of the year! Incredible! Great work! I'm on my third listen and cannot get enough. This deserves a legitimate release. If we never get the masters to play with, this will stand as an outstanding second best outcome. The technology is a marvel, and so is your dedication and skill! Thank you!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

All this revisiting had me Googling again, and I found this from a 2000 interview with Joe in Sean Egan's book —
js03.png
ks04.png
js05.png

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

Thank you Gerald! This is MASSIVE! This album kills. I had tears in my eyes listening to Play To Win. So righteous. Brilliant execution and amazing dedication.
- Pilled up and rrattling -

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

daredevil wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 7:30pm
Are You Ready For War would've sounded epic on the radio back in 1985
Yes, what a scorching version this is.
- Pilled up and rrattling -

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Vimmattu wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 6:40pm
Thank you Gerald! This is MASSIVE! This album kills. I had tears in my eyes listening to Play To Win. So righteous. Brilliant execution and amazing dedication.
There's so much insane greatness here but let's hear it for Gerald's uncanny ability to play guitar exactly like Joe. No mean feat. Joe had a very idiosyncratic style, with really underrated right hand technique.

Imagine how mind-blowing this would be if Gerald could get his hands on the multitracks.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Wow, thanks for this Gerald. I've listened all the way through twice so far, and have played Play to Win about 10 times. Amazing work!
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

I've lost track of how many times I've listened to this now. Every track has new revelations. With so many losses Joe's life had fallen apart by the time he recorded these songs, but his talent was still there. He just needed a musical partner to lean on. Instead he had a delusional maniac who thought he was Mick Jones. I'm just grateful for all of the technological advances and Gerald's drive to redeem this music that for decades has had us discussing what could've been.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

geraldmanns wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 2:04am
IkarisOne wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 8:53pm
I swear to God, this is exactly how I was hoping that album was going to sound after seeing those shows. I was hoping they wouldn't do something stupid and try to produce it themselves. I was hoping they'd punch up the hooks and give the songs a bit more harmonic depth.

This is the album that they made in another, better timeline.

The whole vibe reminds me of those 83 shows--Pete hammering away and those tastier, twangier guitars.

This is legitimately great, Gerald. Can you try your hand at Jericho and Glue Zombie?
I tried! I love both songs but still haven’t found a recording that allows me to isolate the vocals good enough.
But, after all those nice words from all of you, I‘ll try harder!
This might be your best bet for Jericho.

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

IkarisOne wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 7:56pm
Vimmattu wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 6:40pm
There's so much insane greatness here but let's hear it for Gerald's uncanny ability to play guitar exactly like Joe. No mean feat. Joe had a very idiosyncratic style, with really underrated right hand technique.

Imagine how mind-blowing this would be if Gerald could get his hands on the multitracks.
You can‘t imagine how I‘d love to...
I got my motorcycle jacket but I‘m walking all the time