Let It Be - Side A - Round 5

Post by WestwayKid »

Final round for this LP.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Let It Be - Side A - Round 5

Post by BitterTom »

Across The Universe to win this bland album please.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Popping in to see that somehow y'all didn't Rigby up the final two. Well done. :cool:

Also, one thing that I love about the line "nothing's gonna change my world" is that it can be both a statement of confidence or one of absolute defeat.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 4:49pm
Popping in to see that somehow y'all didn't Rigby up the final two. Well done. :cool:

Also, one thing that I love about the line "nothing's gonna change my world" is that it can be both a statement of confidence or one of absolute defeat.
Also one of privilege. #2020
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Also one of privilege. #2020
And the ignorance that ideology interpolates our social identity and thus the amount of freedom we actually possess. #althusser
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Popping in? Shit or get off the pot as my Dad used to say. I love ya Doc but I can't understand this serious attitude towards a bit of fun.
Last edited by Heston on 19 Feb 2021, 10:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 10:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Popping in? Shit or get off the pot as my Dad used to say. Still can't understand this serious attitude towards a bit of fun.
Don't worry, I'm not voting—wouldn't be right and all—but I do like to see what final round votes look like. I might rejoin the game once the side finalists go up against each other, cream against cream.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 10:53pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Popping in? Shit or get off the pot as my Dad used to say. Still can't understand this serious attitude towards a bit of fun.
Don't worry, I'm not voting—wouldn't be right and all—but I do like to see what final round votes look like. I might rejoin the game once the side finalists go up against each other, cream against cream.
Why wouldn't it be right? Sorry, I just can't get my head around why anyone would take this so seriously.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 10:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Why wouldn't it be right? Sorry, I just can't get my head around why anyone would take this so seriously.
If I'm not participating in the discussion, it isn't right to vote and affect the outcome. I know other people do, and I'm not judging them, but my personal code (or whatever) says I have to actually participate in the discussion in order to vote.

As for taking it seriously, I experienced it in the reverse—it wasn't fun to see interesting songs get booted early in favour of predictable stuff. That meant we couldn't discuss those that got tossed and were limited to whatever is left. It's less important that the "right" song wins the side than the voyage to get there, and the voyage wasn't that much fun, especially because I love talking about the Beatles. And I didn't want to piss in the pool for everyone else by just bitching—as I knew I was doing—so I took myself out.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 7:49am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If I'm not participating in the discussion, it isn't right to vote and affect the outcome. I know other people do, and I'm not judging them, but my personal code (or whatever) says I have to actually participate in the discussion in order to vote.

As for taking it seriously, I experienced it in the reverse—it wasn't fun to see interesting songs get booted early in favour of predictable stuff. That meant we couldn't discuss those that got tossed and were limited to whatever is left. It's less important that the "right" song wins the side than the voyage to get there, and the voyage wasn't that much fun, especially because I love talking about the Beatles. And I didn't want to piss in the pool for everyone else by just bitching—as I knew I was doing—so I took myself out.
Bitching is part of the fun for me. Anyway, I need to watch your KISS conference but I mightn't find the time until Tuesday.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 8:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 7:49am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Bitching is part of the fun for me. Anyway, I need to watch your KISS conference but I mightn't find the time until Tuesday.
I'm just wary of going over the line of playful bitching to just being a dick. I'd rather opt out than end up on the wrong side of the line.

If you do want to watch it (and thank you in advance), you'd best download it cos I don't want to keep it up beyond the weekend.