Sex Pistols

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Marky Dread »

The Sid story was going to have Marianne Faithful play his mother and allegedly have Sid eat a Mars bar from between her legs.

This is from an alleged story of Marianne being found in this position when the police raided Keith Richards country home. Which I believe is just pure press fabrication.

Yes the script has been published online.

Here it is. Have fun!

https://www.rogerebert.com/roger-ebert/ ... screenplay

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 12:27pm

The Sid story was going to have Marianne Faithful play his mother and allegedly have Sid eat a Mars bar from between her legs.

This is from an alleged story of Marianne being found in this position when the police raided Keith Richards country home. Which I believe is just pure press fabrication.

Here it is. Have fun!

Thanks! I think I've seen the Ebert screenplay, but I meant the screenplay that Temple worked from that apparently had so many cuts.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 12:41pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 12:27pm

Here it is. Have fun!

Thanks! I think I've seen the Ebert screenplay, but I meant the screenplay that Temple worked from that apparently had so many cuts.
Ahh then no. I also wonder how much was removed. I know the Sid cartoon with him attacking a guy with a bike chain was removed and again it's in the F&tF. The newspapers at the end of the movie which show Sid's death was a requirement by the censors to show a moral ending.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 1:35pm
I also wonder how much was removed. I know the Sid cartoon with him attacking a guy with a bike chain was removed and again it's in the F&tF. The newspapers at the end of the movie which show Sid's death was a requirement by the censors to show a moral ending.
What could be more moral than a poor kid run over by life dying young? Christ on a bike. The weird thing is, instead it comes off (or at least it did when I was younger) as part of the faux romance of Sid living fast and dying young. So, not the kind of moral ending the censors would have wanted audiences to come away with.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 1:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
I also wonder how much was removed. I know the Sid cartoon with him attacking a guy with a bike chain was removed and again it's in the F&tF. The newspapers at the end of the movie which show Sid's death was a requirement by the censors to show a moral ending.
What could be more moral than a poor kid run over by life dying young? Christ on a bike. The weird thing is, instead it comes off (or at least it did when I was younger) as part of the faux romance of Sid living fast and dying young. So, not the kind of moral ending the censors would have wanted audiences to come away with.
Yep I've never understood their reasoning.

Another thing to mention is in '79 Julien also made a film for the U.K. Subs called "Punk Can Take It" which is on YouTube and it includes scenes of Helen Wallington- Lloyd shooting a hippy. This looks like it belonged to the Swindle to me. The guy doing the voice over for the Subs movie is John Snagge who voiced the trailer (Pistols Propaganda) for the Swindle. He did all the original WWII commentary back in the day.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 2:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 1:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Yep I've never understood their reasoning.

Another thing to mention is in '79 Julien also made a film for the U.K. Subs called "Punk Can Take It" which is on YouTube and it includes scenes of Helen Wallington- Lloyd shooting a hippy. This looks like it belonged to the Swindle to me. The guy doing the voice over for the Subs movie is John Snagge who voiced the trailer (Pistols Propaganda) for the Swindle. He did all the original WWII commentary back in the day.
Waste not, want not attitude towards footage. Undoubtedly you're correct.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 9:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 8:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 7:34am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 5:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 7:11pm

They certainly look of their time, but I don't mind them. And I love the single-album version's cover inspired by it.

edit: I would swear that I had a mounted poster of this, yet I can't find it anywhere in the basement. Either I gave it away or I never actually owned it. I just rectify that.
I like all the animation done by Animation City for the movie. But I get where Kory is coming from the juxtaposition is very jarring. In one of the scenes where the band are going to the A&M offices both Matlock and Sid are featured in the car?
It'd be nice to think it's another sly joke about all the lies in the movie, but it's probably just sloppy.
Yeah would approve if it's the former. And yes I am sad enough to have spotted it. :disshame:
I'll admit that I never noticed. Been many years since I watched it, too. I remember where I first saw it, tho. I was an undergrad in Saskatoon and the Student Union brought it in. It was this legendary document to me that existed yet I couldn't obtain a copy—pre-DVD, no legal VHS copies around. I just stared at the screen the whole time, like having cracked the vault. Those kinds of thrills are so rare.
Yup. I picked up a VHS copy when they released it (can't remember the exact year). My cousin, who had been a fan since around 1978, had never seen it so we arranged a viewing party.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i hope it's a coming of age film where an unassuming youth gets caught up in the excitement of this new music scene and learns along the way to live, laugh and love... perhaps with the help of one John Lydon?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 6:51pm
i hope it's a coming of age film where an unassuming youth gets caught up in the excitement of this new music scene and learns along the way to live, laugh and love... perhaps with the help of one John Lydon?
All along, real punk rock was friendship.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
"I 'ate the Queen. Bloody pile of rubbish, mate." Inhales on cigarette, looks Tim right in the eye. "But I tell you what I don't 'ate. The way Lacey looks at you when you play that bleedin' piano, pal. Anarchy!"
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 7:26pm
Flex wrote:
"I 'ate the Queen. Bloody pile of rubbish, mate." Inhales on cigarette, looks Tim right in the eye. "But I tell you what I don't 'ate. The way Lacey looks at you when you play that bleedin' piano, pal. Anarchy!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 7:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Flex wrote:
It pains me that Spike Lee couldn't bother to get that right.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Flex wrote:
This film is ready to go!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 8:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Flex wrote:
It pains me that Spike Lee couldn't bother to get that right.
What did he get wrong? Punk in 1977 was “Won't Get Fooled Again.” Full stop. That's why it's always on every classic punk compilation and top ten list.