Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 10:08am
revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 10:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 9:16am
revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 8:44am
I had a dream that I went down in the basement to find it under like 4 feet of water. I suspected washing machine and found the hose (there was only one) had broken off the coupling. I shut the valve to it but there was no more water coming out which I was happy about but found it odd that it stopped on its own. I put a line into the dryer and the water went out via the dryer vent which normally wouldn't work but this time it did because now the basement was above ground. While that was happening I went to find my shop vac so I could get rid of more water. When I got back all the water had gone out and I was left surveying the damage. Somehow my records were unharmed but books and many other things were ruined.
A lot of your dreams seem to revolve around chores and other domestic stuff. No idea what that means (if anything), just an observation.
I hadn't noticed that myself actually. I guess it makes some sense when I look at my life. :huh:
That assumes there is some meaningful connection between our real lives and our dream lives. I'm skeptical on that point.
I can corroborate that if I do a lot of a particular thing, I dream about it a lot. I don't think it means anything, it's just where my brain is at.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I was on a train opposite Billy Connolly and I made him laugh by referencing his old "place to park my bike" joke.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A pair of dreams that I think segued together, but not sure. The first was my dad, who died of leukemia 21 years ago, came home. The left side of his face was red but nobody said anything. He stood me up and put his hands on my shoulders—real father/son kind of stuff, which he never did in real life—and said he had cancer in his face.

The other dream also involved family. I was waiting by a disabled car in rural Saskatchewan near a town called Tisdale. A teenager on scooter (the push kind, not electric) came and asked if I'd watch his scooter while he walked to Tisdale to get some coffee. Because you couldn't ride scooters there. Sure, fine. I was getting tired so I lay down in the car and realized I was moving. Somehow the car was in neutral and rolling down the hill, heading for the highway. I slammed the gear into park and got out. I was miles away from that scooter and had to get back before the teenager did because I promised I'd watch it for him. Lots of hiking thru a swamp and a windy psychiatric hospital with unhelpful staff. But as I was leaving the hospital grounds I remembered I had a phone and my sister was in Tisdale. So I phoned and she assumed I was her son. No, but could you give me a lift. Sure! And they showed up at the same time as I did at the scooter, plus the car was back.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 7:53am
A pair of dreams that I think segued together, but not sure. The first was my dad, who died of leukemia 21 years ago, came home. The left side of his face was red but nobody said anything. He stood me up and put his hands on my shoulders—real father/son kind of stuff, which he never did in real life—and said he had cancer in his face.

The other dream also involved family. I was waiting by a disabled car in rural Saskatchewan near a town called Tisdale. A teenager on scooter (the push kind, not electric) came and asked if I'd watch his scooter while he walked to Tisdale to get some coffee. Because you couldn't ride scooters there. Sure, fine. I was getting tired so I lay down in the car and realized I was moving. Somehow the car was in neutral and rolling down the hill, heading for the highway. I slammed the gear into park and got out. I was miles away from that scooter and had to get back before the teenager did because I promised I'd watch it for him. Lots of hiking thru a swamp and a windy psychiatric hospital with unhelpful staff. But as I was leaving the hospital grounds I remembered I had a phone and my sister was in Tisdale. So I phoned and she assumed I was her son. No, but could you give me a lift. Sure! And they showed up at the same time as I did at the scooter, plus the car was back.
I like it no loose ends.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 8:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I like it no loose ends.
I run a tidy unconscious.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 9:06am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I like it no loose ends.
Must be nice, mine's a fucking mess, sort of like real life. :meh:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 9:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I like it no loose ends.
I'm Canadian. I'd hate someone to stumble into my mind and think that I'm a slob.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 9:47am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I like it no loose ends.
I'm Canadian. I'd hate someone to stumble into my mind and think that I'm a slob.
So long as you aren't rude you wont dash any of the most cherished stereotypes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 10:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 9:47am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I like it no loose ends.
So long as you aren't rude you wont dash any of the most cherished stereotypes.
I apologize for the most anodyne statements.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

There was this guy, who appeared to be a friend, seemingly in need of some help. Which I generously provided by letting him crucify himself in our back garden.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 10:51am
There was this guy, who appeared to be a friend, seemingly in need of some help. Which I generously provided by letting him crucify himself in our back garden.
Wow that's one of the kindest things Ive ever heard. You could be an honorary Canadian.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 11:02am
Olaf wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 10:51am
Wow that's one of the kindest things Ive ever heard. You could be an honorary Canadian.
When Olaf comes to visit, the poutine's on me.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

A few nights ago I dreamt there was an issue with the car and I had to take it to a garage. I gave the guy at the garage a piece of paper with some info on the car. So far, so good.

Tonight I was still having problems with the car, so I took it to a different garage. I kept looking for the info everywhere, until I realized I never got it back from that guy. I had long forgotten about this, but my unconscious clearly hadn't. Fascinating stuff.

And don't ask me how I ended up in a Disney musical from there.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 7:14am
A few nights ago I dreamt there was an issue with the car and I had to take it to a garage. I gave the guy at the garage a piece of paper with some info on the car. So far, so good.

Tonight I was still having problems with the car, so I took it to a different garage. I kept looking for the info everywhere, until I realized I never got it back from that guy. I had long forgotten about this, but my unconscious clearly hadn't. Fascinating stuff.

And don't ask me how I ended up in a Disney musical from there.
That is very cool that your unconscious went back to that dream and picked up the narrative. I don't think that's ever happened to me (recurring dreams, sure; but not continuations).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I went thru a period this morning where I had several short dreams. One was that the Astros had me pitching for their minor league team. But it wasnt young me it was now me. And I couldn't understand why and knew it would be a disaster because my shoulder is shot and could probably only throw around 60mph.

I had another weird dream where I had a dream (yes it was work related) and it had a former coworker in it and then I retold the dream to him in the dream. I still only recall bits and pieces of it but the work setting was not one where I worked with him but a place I worked many years before. It took place during the cold war and I had to try and pass myself off as Russian at one point in order to escape the place I was in. But it was a satirical setting sort of like in the show Comrade Detective (that I had been watching before bed). Details are really fuzzy.