Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 9:38am
I went thru a period this morning where I had several short dreams. One was that the Astros had me pitching for their minor league team. But it wasnt young me it was now me. And I couldn't understand why and knew it would be a disaster because my shoulder is shot and could probably only throw around 60mph.

I had another weird dream where I had a dream (yes it was work related) and it had a former coworker in it and then I retold the dream to him in the dream. I still only recall bits and pieces of it but the work setting was not one where I worked with him but a place I worked many years before. It took place during the cold war and I had to try and pass myself off as Russian at one point in order to escape the place I was in. But it was a satirical setting sort of like in the show Comrade Detective (that I had been watching before bed). Details are really fuzzy.
Were you wearing a bad wig? (The Americans reference)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 9:52am
revbob wrote:
I went thru a period this morning where I had several short dreams. One was that the Astros had me pitching for their minor league team. But it wasnt young me it was now me. And I couldn't understand why and knew it would be a disaster because my shoulder is shot and could probably only throw around 60mph.

I had another weird dream where I had a dream (yes it was work related) and it had a former coworker in it and then I retold the dream to him in the dream. I still only recall bits and pieces of it but the work setting was not one where I worked with him but a place I worked many years before. It took place during the cold war and I had to try and pass myself off as Russian at one point in order to escape the place I was in. But it was a satirical setting sort of like in the show Comrade Detective (that I had been watching before bed). Details are really fuzzy.
Ive never watched The Americans, I probably should in honor of 101.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 10:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 9:52am
revbob wrote:

Ive never watched The Americans, I probably should in honor of 101.
We were sporadic viewers. It never grabbed me as I hoped it would, especially given its historical context.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

The Americans is probably my favorite TV show of the last decade. Definitely watch it if you get a chance. I know everyone says this about every tv show, but it gets even better after the first season (which is still good, but they start getting more ambitious after the slightly more generic season one spy antics).
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I went to a rib place to eat with a few other people. The place was packed and when you came in to be seated they took you around back and you were like at a top of a cliff and you had to take this ladder down hundreds of feet to where your table was, although I did also drive there once. I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted so I had to go back up to tell them. I never did get those ribs.

There's a lot that Im forgetting right now this is the best I can do. I feel like I peaked a few weeks back with my dream memories and now its going to foggy bits and pieces. But I do find this process is somewhat helpful.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Had another dream where I got my 1st covid shot and a flu shot. Then I had to go to a meeting for work but I missed the bus to take me there so had to walk and I didnt have the info of where it was just that it was at a hotel so I had to walk to several to tey and find the right one. I called a coworker for details and she wasn't helpful and we had a discussion over what LSAT stood for. Anyway I got to where I needed to go but people were waiting to get in for things to start (what things I dont know) but I was hungry and there was a store nearby. I kept going in for things and at the checkout you either had to have or get from them a covid vaccine. I had to go in several times for some reason and told them sure Id had the vaccine. I went in the last time for a loaf of bread and ran into a guy who has a son same age as mine and they went to pre-k together. My son was with me but couldn't remember the guy nor the kid. I remember his name and his son's but was annoyed at myself for not remembering his wife's name. Anyway we said we should hang out and see if the kids still get along.

Had another dream where I recited another dream from last night so I could remember it but cant recall much of the original now.

Dreamt I was hanging out with some people from work and we were somewhere there was a sporting event of some sort and we were outside. There was some obvious prostitution stuff going on and I spoke to one of the women involved she said the people there all had some sort of strange kink. I responded how people need to be more open about their sexual needs/desires with their partners as long as it doesnt hurt nor humiliate someone and its between consenting adults people shouldn't get hung up on stuff. Well there was one person who refused to speak to me or even acknowledge me after I said that. At some point I needed to take a shit but there was no TP on the roll. I opened the nearby closet and there was an assortment of TP in there including a KISS branded package. It seemed soft enough so I went with that. But before I could go I heard a cat and I looked back it was hiding behind the toilet. I called it out and suddenly we were in a car of some sort. I have no idea who was driving or where we were going but I was also no longer on a toilet either but was way in the back and the cat came up and sat on my lap and we looked out the window as the car drove around.

Yes work is creeping into my dreams.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The cat behind the toilet was clearly Peter Criss. Also, clearly KISS symbolizes shit.

Man, dream analysis is way easy.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 9:35am
The cat behind the toilet was clearly Peter Criss. Also, clearly KISS symbolizes shit.

I think it was a subconscious nod to Heston.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 9:35am

I think it was a subconscious nod to Heston.
According to Freud, dreaming of a Geordie is a bad omen.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I just had a dream where I realized naming our 18 month old daughter “Alice” was a mistake as she was clearly more of a “Mabel.”

I do not have a daughter.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 11:41am
I just had a dream where I realized naming our 18 month old daughter “Alice” was a mistake as she was clearly more of a “Mabel.”

Live and learn right.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 11:48am
Wolter wrote:

Live and learn right.
I’m kind of hoping this becomes a recurring dream scenario. I’d like to see how Mabel grows up in a house with two rambunctious older brothers. Yes, I’m calling her Mabel now. She really isn’t an Alice.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 11:50am
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Live and learn right.
I’m kind of hoping this becomes a recurring dream scenario. I’d like to see how Mabel grows up in a house with two rambunctious older brothers. Yes, I’m calling her Mabel now. She really isn’t an Alice.
Mabel is a sassy cocktail waitress in 1955. She smacks her Juicy Fruit gum and calls everyone "sugar" with a devastating wink. She doesn't make it home to see her folks as much as she wants, but they're in her prayers every night.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:05pm
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Live and learn right.
Mabel is a sassy cocktail waitress in 1955. She smacks her Juicy Fruit gum and calls everyone "sugar" with a devastating wink. She doesn't make it home to see her folks as much as she wants, but they're in her prayers every night.
Maybe it’s my age, but Alice is the name of a waitress at a diner owned by Vic Tayback to me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:05pm
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Live and learn right.
Maybe it’s my age, but Alice is the name of a waitress at a diner owned by Vic Tayback to me.
She doesn't live here anymore, either.