Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 12:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 11:59am
There are all kinds of bands that I'd be more positive towards if the deal was I didn't have to listen to them. So, no, you want to be an adjunct on Team Heston, you have to be miserable for the experience.
then no deal!
Someday you'll look back and realize this was a serious, life-changing fork-in-the-road moment. And that you dodged a bazooka shell.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 12:37pm
Heston wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 12:19pm
revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 11:41am
Any chance of positive nostalgia from the early years has been ruined by everything that came since. And I mean the crappy music and all the members asshole statements.
Paul, Ace and Peter were lovable assholes though.
Adjective unwarranted.
I will say that Paul is at least not a republican, or if he is, it’s moderate enough to criticize trump.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Any chance of positive nostalgia from the early years has been ruined by everything that came since. And I mean the crappy music and all the members asshole statements.
Only because they seem not to be in the spotlight so much, but anytime I see something about them I hate them more.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 1:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 12:37pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Adjective unwarranted.
I will say that Paul is at least not a republican, or if he is, it’s moderate enough to criticize trump.
The irony of KISS is that given they're all about hype, they really depend on lowered expectations.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Heston what’s your opinion on Creatures of the Night? I reckon it’s the last good thing they did. Definitely more Judas Priest sounding than their early stuff but possibly my favorite of theirs outside the debut.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 2:27pm
Heston what’s your opinion on Creatures of the Night? I reckon it’s the last good thing they did. Definitely more Judas Priest sounding than their early stuff but possibly my favorite of theirs outside the debut.
Ha! I actually listened to this album today (inspired by reading this thread). It's one of the few KISS records I'll listen to from front to back. Great drum sound throughout.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

WestwayKid wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 2:34pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Ha! I actually listened to this album today (inspired by reading this thread). It's one of the few KISS records I'll listen to from front to back. Great drum sound throughout.
It’s got that 80s gated reverb sound but not quite into phil Collins territory yet.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
I've never heard it. I can only appreciate KISS by regressing back to my preteen self, and I'd moved on from metal by the time they'd released that album.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 1:51pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Only because they seem not to be in the spotlight so much, but anytime I see something about them I hate them more.
Yet you and all the other naysayers keep coming back to this thread. All closet KISS fans if you ask me, especially Doc.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 3:02pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yet you and all the other naysayers keep coming back to this thread. All closet KISS fans if you ask me, especially Doc.
I only come back hoping you’ve drunkenly been a PRIZE IDOOT
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
We're dumpster fire fans, not closet KISS fans.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 3:05pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
I only come back hoping you’ve drunkenly been a PRIZE IDOOT
PRZE not PRIZE. ;)

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 3:06pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Hello,

I think the reason this thread has so many pages is because many love to hate and hate to love (paraphrasing Elvis Costello here).

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ace is the only one I find redeemable of that Bunch tbh.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 3:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 3:06pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

Hello,

I think the reason this thread has so many pages is because many love to hate and hate to love (paraphrasing Elvis Costello here).
Borrowing from Ringo, we're neither mods nor rockers; we're mockers.