The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:01pm
Got my first Dolly shot monday. My arm still hurts.
I got the Pfizer and had shot #2 last Friday. It fucked me up a little, hot/colds with a fever and my joints were achy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:14pm
How the hell are you all doing this? Nobody here can get it unless they're 80 or something.
Same in Ottawa. Two former PMs, both in their 80s, got their shots yesterday. But some friends of ours in their late 50s, early 60s went down to Kingston and got their needle. On one hand, the more people the better, but the haphazard nature of it all annoys me.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:24pm
Wolter wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:17pm
Kory wrote:
How the hell are you all doing this? Nobody here can get it unless they're 80 or something.
A bunch opened up here. It also helps that I ostensibly work with young people when I actually can work.
We have opened up in Boston and my wife knows how to hustle. Being a little chubby with a former tobacco habit have never served me so well.
My wife set up my appointment. I would never have successfully gotten one because I’m unmotivated and easily distracted.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:39pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:24pm
Wolter wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:17pm
Kory wrote:
A bunch opened up here. It also helps that I ostensibly work with young people when I actually can work.
We have opened up in Boston and my wife knows how to hustle. Being a little chubby with a former tobacco habit have never served me so well.
My wife set up my appointment. I would never have successfully gotten one because I’m unmotivated and easily distracted.
Same! Mine was online and ready every morning at 7 when the appointments dropped. She hit the jackpot on day 4.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I check the states website each day, my age group is 1C, but they don't have a date yet. Currently it's 65+ or with underlying medical conditions etc..
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Kory wrote:
Our state opened it up to 55+ last week, so we managed to squeak in. And beginning tomorrow anyone 16+ can get teh anti-covid juice. I guess it's a supply/demand thing, and in our state I think there's tons of eligible folks that are opting out for some stupid reason or another.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
They just classified people in the wastewater industry as Emergency Services, so HR sent a company email that we all qualify. Took me five days to find an appointment and it's a solid 90 minutes away, but only 60 minutes away and close to one of my favorite breweries that I never get to visit so I'm making an afternoon of it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I have 1 underlying condition and colorado has been great about getting people shots, I got mine the day my tier qualified. We're like a couple weeks away from general public getting shots - and not because people don't want them here so there's a bunch of supply, it's just good distribution. Colorado is gonna be more or less safely opened back up by sometime in June if not memorial day.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 12:07am
I have 1 underlying condition and colorado has been great about getting people shots, I got mine the day my tier qualified. We're like a couple weeks away from general public getting shots - and not because people don't want them here so there's a bunch of supply, it's just good distribution. Colorado is gonna be more or less safely opened back up by sometime in June if not memorial day.
Yeah its moving along well here too and right now there are plans for the Jazz festival to take place in June and a July 4th fireworks as well which normally draws an additional 100k people to the city although I imagine numbers will be seriously reduced.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 12:07am
The opposite of MO, where the governor has allocated a majority of the doses to rural areas. Where they don't want the vaccine. So those of us fortunate enough to be able to drive up to two hours away have been able to get appointments. Otherwise, you're SOL.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

There was a news conference today with Gov. Newsom. Sounds like they're going to open up vaccinations to anybody age 50+ beginning April 1st where we live. Checking daily to see when we can start trying to get in line via an appointment.

http://www.oesnews.com/state-expands-va ... increases/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss might be able to sneak into the indigenous bloc currently being vaccinated—she doesn't have official standing, but is acknowledged by an indigenous service org she works with that is handling vaccinations for that group—and after she's done, she says I'm eligible thru them because we're in the same household. Yay, but, man, that's fucked up protocols.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I was just able to grab appointments for the wife & I to get our first vaccine on 4/1 & 2nd on 4/29.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Sparky wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 9:15am
I was just able to grab appointments for the wife & I to get our first vaccine on 4/1 & 2nd on 4/29.
Didn’t know you were a CA resident. Where abouts?

Got first dose Pfizer yesterday. Arm is a little tender over most shots but that’s about it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 9:50am
Sparky wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 9:15am
Didn’t know you were a CA resident. Where abouts?

Got first dose Pfizer yesterday. Arm is a little tender over most shots but that’s about it.
Congratulations on getting your first dose.

We live in Orange County, technically not eligible until 4/1/21, so that's the date I made our appointments for. Looks like we're going to be getting the Pfizer as well, my parents got the Moderna, my Mom's arm wound up pretty bruised and swollen.