Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Silent Majority »

Such a hard video to watch, but watch those brave boys be defended to the hilt by the quislings in the media tomorrow.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

The bristol and avon police pr department is busy composing tomorrow mornings newspaper headlines as we speak.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 4:52pm
The bristol and avon police pr department is busy composing tomorrow mornings newspaper headlines as we speak.
100%

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 4:22pm
FarawayTowns wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 4:12pm
Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 1:24pm
It seems rather disturbing to me that the police are beating up innocent protesters, routinely lying to the public and yet the leader of the opposition, so desperate to be the voice of law and order, has absolutely nothing to say about it whatsoever.
Yes, like this...

That video is appalling. That's assault and battery at a minimum and maybe even worse. Hope that unfortunate young woman is ok.
It's sickening they could easily have killed her. As far as I'm aware she hasn't come forward or been identified yet. There are also videos of riot shields being used in a downward motion on sitting protesters (which is apparently called blading).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

FarawayTowns wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 5:36pm
Low Down Low wrote:
FarawayTowns wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
It seems rather disturbing to me that the police are beating up innocent protesters, routinely lying to the public and yet the leader of the opposition, so desperate to be the voice of law and order, has absolutely nothing to say about it whatsoever.
Yes, like this...

That video is appalling. That's assault and battery at a minimum and maybe even worse. Hope that unfortunate young woman is ok.
It's sickening they could easily have killed her. As far as I'm aware she hasn't come forward or been identified yet. There are also videos of riot shields being used in a downward motion on sitting protesters (which is apparently called blading).
Wow disgusting.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

FarawayTowns wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Yes, like this...

I fail to see anything she may have done to provoke such a harsh response. They need to pull his badge, he's clearly not cut out for this kind of interaction with the public.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

FarawayTowns wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 5:36pm
Low Down Low wrote:
FarawayTowns wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Yes, like this...

Caught some big cheese in a uniform on the news earlier, talking about a protester "coming into contact with a shield." Wonder will they charge him with causing damage to police property? They seem out of control over there, basically legitimised by a combination of an authoritarian government, a totally pliant, cuckolded media and an abjectly toothless opposition. Pretty disturbing to imagine where that combination might lead right now.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Sickening thug bastards.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Was perusing this Twitter thread about the New Labour doc on the BBC and just about managed to contain myself until the bit where Peter Mandelson is described as honourable for actually resigning when he was caught for corruption. Actually physically gagged. Horrifying to contemplate how low the bar is being set by the current bunch of political vandals.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Conservative mp David Amess fatally stabbed while conducting his constituency clinic. Second British elected politician to be murdered in 5 years. Truly horrifying.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 10:20am
Conservative mp David Amess fatally stabbed while conducting his constituency clinic. Second British elected politician to be murdered in 5 years. Truly horrifying.
Disgusting and saddening news.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

I wish his family the best. May they never find themselves in the vulnerable position his votes in parliament created for so many.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

“Britain is like an old theme park sliding into the Atlantic compared to modern China,” said Keating, who was Australia’s prime minister from 1991 to 1996.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... t-on-china

However accurate it is, that's gotta sting coming from a former colony. Worse when that colony is Australia.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 8:21am
“Britain is like an old theme park sliding into the Atlantic compared to modern China,” said Keating, who was Australia’s prime minister from 1991 to 1996.

However accurate it is, that's gotta sting coming from a former colony. Worse when that colony is Australia.
They probably just dismiss Keating as a relic of the past and the future is free trade and brexit. But I read a stat that Australia's trade with China is 6 times more than its trade with the US and UK combined so it sounds like pretty good realpolitik to me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 10:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 8:21am

They probably just dismiss Keating as a relic of the past and the future is free trade and brexit. But I read a stat that Australia's trade with China is 6 times more than its trade with the US and UK combined so it sounds like pretty good realpolitik to me.
Definitely—geography and economy dictate interests.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft