MLB 2021

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2021

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 2:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 2:02pm
revbob wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 1:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 1:00pm
Watching Jays-Yankees for an hour, before Sox-Zeroes starts up, and during the line-up announcement when Stanton jogged out, I thought, "He's gonna pull a hammy before first pitch." It's weird how I just default to this massive human being as made of glass.

edit: Man, I have to concede that I dig this Jays team. They remind me of the Red Sox from 2015 to 2018—lots of fun young guys getting better and better. It's a shame they're wearing their hideous 1980s baby blue unis today.
Ryu is dominant so far.

Edit ..
That worked well 2 run HR for Sanchez.
Now that he has his homer, he can go for a nice 2–40 with 23K run.

edit: And I learned that the Sox game has been postponed. Good or bad omen for the season?
Im not surprised its cold and snowing/raining here.
Cool and very windy here, but quite sunny to your north. Apparently Detroit-Cleveland are playing in the snow right now. I'll never understand why the fuck they play early April games north of the Mason-Dixon unless there's a dome involved.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 2:32pm
revbob wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 2:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 2:02pm
revbob wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 1:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 1:00pm
Watching Jays-Yankees for an hour, before Sox-Zeroes starts up, and during the line-up announcement when Stanton jogged out, I thought, "He's gonna pull a hammy before first pitch." It's weird how I just default to this massive human being as made of glass.

edit: Man, I have to concede that I dig this Jays team. They remind me of the Red Sox from 2015 to 2018—lots of fun young guys getting better and better. It's a shame they're wearing their hideous 1980s baby blue unis today.
Ryu is dominant so far.

Edit ..
That worked well 2 run HR for Sanchez.
Now that he has his homer, he can go for a nice 2–40 with 23K run.

edit: And I learned that the Sox game has been postponed. Good or bad omen for the season?
Im not surprised its cold and snowing/raining here.
Cool and very windy here, but quite sunny to your north. Apparently Detroit-Cleveland are playing in the snow right now. I'll never understand why the fuck they play early April games north of the Mason-Dixon unless there's a dome involved.
Agreed, I think there's been plenty of injuries as a result too

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll never understand why the fuck they play early April games north of the Mason-Dixon unless there's a dome involved.
What does the mlb worship?

I'll home runs!

I'll say the history of the game!

THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR?!?!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 2:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll never understand why the fuck they play early April games north of the Mason-Dixon unless there's a dome involved.
What does the mlb worship?

I'll home runs!

I'll say the history of the game!

THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR?!?!
:mrgreen:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Runner on second is the dumbest thing in sports.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

UPDATE: Runner on second is the best thing in sports.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Bunting is the dumbest thing in sports.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Judge hasn't exactly covered himself in glory today. Bases loaded, inning-ending double play, striking out with the winning run on second, and misplaying the go-ahead double.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Jays win Donaldson trade 😎

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I love baseball:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That Merriweather guy has an insane fastball/change difference. Stealing a win against Cole in New York is solid work.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 5:00pm
I love baseball:

I have literally never seen anything like that before.

(I remember a Sox-Jays game in Toronto. Kapler was on second and the batter hit a homer. While jogging in to score, Kapler blew out a leg muscle somehow and collapsed. The batter stayed at first and the umps let a pinch runner complete Kapler's trot home. I still don't understand how the Sox were allowed to make a substitution in the middle of the play. I would think, officially, he'd be called out for, like, unsportsmanlike conduct or something like that.)

edit: Well, it's actually covered in the rules.
Rule 5.10(c): If an accident to a runner is such as to prevent him from proceeding to a base to which he is entitled, as on a home run hit out of the playing field, or an award of one or more bases, a substitute runner shall be permitted to complete the play.
I'm more surprised that this obscure possibility is covered in the rulebook.
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 01 Apr 2021, 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Rockies surprisingly competitive against the dodgers through 3 innings. This will probably be the best the Rox look this season, so I'm mentioning it now.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 5:11pm
Rockies surprisingly competitive against the dodgers through 3 innings. This will probably be the best the Rox look this season, so I'm mentioning it now.
The best part about shitty teams is that when they play good teams well, they inevitably lose the game late by tripping on their dick. It's just that extra reminder than, hey, you're shitty, quit acting like you might win.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »