Re: The KISS thread

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 10:12am
Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 9:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 9:43am
Doin' my KISS lecture this morning. If I can convince just one student that KISS is nothing more than crass commodification posing as a rock band, then I have done good for the day.
Hopefully one of them has heard Strutter and will give you a hypothetical punch on the nose.
*buzz* I've gone on record several times as saying "Strutter" and "Rock and Roll All Nite" are solid. It's, like, everything after 1975 that is dodgy and thin as fuck.
Correct opinion!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Doin' my KISS lecture this morning. If I can convince just one student that KISS is nothing more than crass commodification posing as a rock band, then I have done good for the day.
Hopefully one of them has heard Strutter and will give you a hypothetical punch on the nose.
*buzz* I've gone on record several times as saying "Strutter" and "Rock and Roll All Nite" are solid. It's, like, everything after 1975 that is dodgy and thin as fuck.
Correct opinion!
You like some songs after 1975 and you know it. Don't forget there is a search function on this board.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:08pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Correct opinion!
You like some songs after 1975 and you know it. Don't forget there is a search function on this board.
I could make a listenable comp up to and including 1978. Including a couple from the solo albums. GGRNRTY and CCN are okay but I would NEVER play KISS for enjoyment.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Correct opinion!
some, but not many. And clearly you don’t know how to use it or you wouldn’t have spent literally years thinking there’s a pro-Shandi post on here from me.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:48pm
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Correct opinion!
some, but not many. And clearly you don’t know how to use it or you wouldn’t have spent literally years thinking there’s a pro-Shandi post on here from me.
I sometimes wonder if the Heston we know is lost from an alternate universe, but is unaware that is history is not ours.

Also: Lecture went well, assuming the students understood what I was yakking about; one can never be sure. But I was in a really good, dorky confident rhythm on this one, even navigating a cat who kept showing up on my lap. (Zoom Year has been great for pet invasions for all involved.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:53pm
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Correct opinion!
I sometimes wonder if the Heston we know is lost from an alternate universe, but is unaware that is history is not ours.

Also: Lecture went well, assuming the students understood what I was yakking about; one can never be sure. But I was in a really good, dorky confident rhythm on this one, even navigating a cat who kept showing up on my lap. (Zoom Year has been great for pet invasions for all involved.)
It’s hilarious that a few years ago a guy’s daughter running into the room during a news segment became an Internet sensation since for most parents that’s just a regular Tuesday now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Correct opinion!

It’s hilarious that a few years ago a guy’s daughter running into the room during a news segment became an Internet sensation since for most parents that’s just a regular Tuesday now.
Seriously. One syllabus that was passed on to me has a requirement that when someone's pet passes the camera, the lecture will stop so all can acknowledge and admire. Zoë is such a camera hog that we'd never get anything done.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 1:01pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:

Seriously. One syllabus that was passed on to me has a requirement that when someone's pet passes the camera, the lecture will stop so all can acknowledge and admire. Zoë is such a camera hog that we'd never get anything done.
Hello,

Is pet admiration a course requirement? How many points is it worth? What if I'm allergic?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 1:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 1:01pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Hello,

Is pet admiration a course requirement? How many points is it worth? What if I'm allergic?
You're not officially required to admire pets, but don't bother asking for any extensions if you don't ooh and aah at my or your classmates' cats and dogs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I genuinely want to believe that in his KISS downtime, Paul Stanley writes books about painting nerd model kits.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Hahahaha. Don’t know if this has already been posted or not. “We tried reasoning with her and she just kept responding that she was a member of this “KISS” army.”
Which one are you Heston?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 9:41pm

Hahahaha. Don’t know if this has already been posted or not. “We tried reasoning with her and she just kept responding that she was a member of this “KISS” army.”
Bill Aucoin
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 2:11am
RockNRollWhore wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 9:41pm

Bill Aucoin
:lol: That'd be hilarious to go to a KISS show dressed up as a schlub with a 70s 'stache.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Is that Doc Medulla on the phone at around 1:35? I like the way he pronounces "represent."
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 11:24am
Is that Doc Medulla on the phone at around 1:35? I like the way he pronounces "represent."
Ha! I thought, "Yes, my man, yes."