The NewsRadio appreciation thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: The NewsRadio appreciation thread

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 10:20am

BBE killed George Segal!
Bullshit! Kory named him and therefore dealt him the mentioning blow.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 4:05pm
JennyB wrote:

BBE killed George Segal!
This is actually my fault, if we go by previous psychic deaths. I should make sure not to talk about MITCH MCCONNELL at any time. We wouldn't want to lose MITCH MCCONNELL because I heard he plays banjo.

Mitch McConnell.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Kory wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 6:03pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 4:05pm
JennyB wrote:

BBE killed George Segal!
This is actually my fault, if we go by previous psychic deaths. I should make sure not to talk about MITCH MCCONNELL at any time. We wouldn't want to lose MITCH MCCONNELL because I heard he plays banjo.

Mitch McConnell.
During the home buying process I have received a number of pitches for unnecessary services. Newt Gingrich is swinging this stuff.
newt.PNG
newt.PNG (508.97 KiB) Viewed 2425 times

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I put the first two seasons of NewsRadio on hold at the library. We'll see if it held up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 7:33am
I put the first two seasons of NewsRadio on hold at the library. We'll see if it held up.
Spoilers: It very much does.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Finally got the first two seasons and started watching last night. Good golly this show was pretty stinkin' awesome. The first two episodes where Dave and Lisa started fooling around was a little ehn but at the 3rd episode it took off. I forgot Joe Rogan was in this. And hello 90s fashion. Wow. I forgot how much I loved clothes from the 90s. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 12:17pm
Finally got the first two seasons and started watching last night. Good golly this show was pretty stinkin' awesome. The first two episodes where Dave and Lisa started fooling around was a little ehn but at the 3rd episode it took off. I forgot Joe Rogan was in this. And hello 90s fashion. Wow. I forgot how much I loved clothes from the 90s. :shifty:
That it made Joe Rogan decent was NewsRadio's most improbable success.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 12:21pm
Mimi wrote:
I don't know much about Joe so I'll take your word for it. I've heard his names for years but can't recall seeing him in...anything?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 12:21pm
Mimi wrote:
I don't know much about Joe so I'll take your word for it. I've heard his names for years but can't recall seeing him in...anything?
He's one of those typical angry white guys who blend libertarianism with alt-right bullshit, a classic stupid person's intellectual.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Joe Rogan didn't realize his newsradio character was supposed to be a joke so just went on and built the rest of his career around being that guy but for real.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 12:43pm
Joe Rogan didn't realize his newsradio character was supposed to be a joke so just went on and built the rest of his career around being that guy but for real.
Heh

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've been watching Newsradio on and off for the past couple months and reached the last episode of season 4, the Titanic one and also Phil Hartman's final appearance. So many jokes about death, especially those made by PH, make it super uncomfortable to watch. I recommend skipping it. :sad:

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 8:27am
I've been watching Newsradio on and off for the past couple months and reached the last episode of season 4, the Titanic one and also Phil Hartman's final appearance. So many jokes about death, especially those made by PH, make it super uncomfortable to watch. I recommend skipping it. :sad:
Awww. I think I got through the first 2 seasons, maybe 3 recently, can't remember now, and I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't really appreciate how wonderful Phil was from when I watched it years ago. He was a comic genius.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 8:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Awww. I think I got through the first 2 seasons, maybe 3 recently, can't remember now, and I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't really appreciate how wonderful Phil was from when I watched it years ago. He was a comic genius.
There is real value in having a showrunner and cast that know their network are idiots and thumb their noses at it all the time. The rat funeral episode, I found out, was because NBC wanted its bloc of comedies to do a 4 weddings and a funeral theme one night, which the Newsradio gang thought was stupid, so they did one on recurring rat funerals. Which was funny … and funny.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 8:41am
Mimi wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 8:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
There is real value in having a showrunner and cast that know their network are idiots and thumb their noses at it all the time. The rat funeral episode, I found out, was because NBC wanted its bloc of comedies to do a 4 weddings and a funeral theme one night, which the Newsradio gang thought was stupid, so they did one on recurring rat funerals. Which was funny … and funny.
WHY (I like the movie, but that's such a weird thing to think of)
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc