Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 10:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 6:59am
Holy crap but I had an involved narrative of a dream. I was a journalist or historian investigating a conspiracy theory that politics and the economy in the 1950s was controlled by a college student. She looked like a young Cybil Shepherd and was called the Prettiest Girl at Princeton. I went back and read campus newspapers and diaries to recreate the dating scene and, yeah, this girl, who dated very widely, had an effect on the industry or country connected to the boy. So this alternate history developed of wars and economic collapses and triumphs emerged based on who she was dating with and what kind of relationship she had with the boys and for how long. I don't know whether it was supernatural or some dark cabal at work, but the events of the 1950s were revealed to be bound up in this girl's social scene.
This sounds like a great movie. All of your dreams do, to be honest. Or at least a limited edition miniseries on a prestige network.
I understand that Ben Shapiro is hiring talent these days. All I have to do is add a little Soros evil to it and it could fly!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

After a good run Im back to not really remembering my dreams.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was back in my home town. The roads were made of water amd I needed a boat to get around. I grew up in very hilly area and yeah somehow the water roads went up hills too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:38am
I dreamt I was back in my home town. The roads were made of water amd I needed a boat to get around. I grew up in very hilly area and yeah somehow the water roads went up hills too.
But … that's impossible!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:57am
revbob wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 7:38am
But … that's impossible!
Don't think Im not troubled by this.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt my car got stolen. I stopped in some strip mall to get something from a store really quick like 5 min and it was gone. I was trying to use my phone to call someone but I dont know if it was gloves or something wrong with my hands but I couldnt use my phone. Every time I tried typing in a number it would come out wrong. Suddenly a guy from work was there and he was trying to help but I just asked him what the number was for the local cops. And he was giving it to me in numbers and letters and the letters to numbers was all scrambled on my phone. At some point Im having dinner with this guy and his GF and she starts trying to talk to me about music and names 2 artists I never heard of (but Im sure Hoy, Tom or Heston would know). I just laughed and told her I dont listen to that sort of music. Then I see some phone books and I start trying to look up a number but the phone book isnt alphabetical. Finally the guy at this pizza place says he can call with his phone. He dials the number but then wont give me his phone to talk. Then my alarm went off.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 7:06am
I dreamt my car got stolen. I stopped in some strip mall to get something from a store really quick like 5 min and it was gone. I was trying to use my phone to call someone but I dont know if it was gloves or something wrong with my hands but I couldnt use my phone. Every time I tried typing in a number it would come out wrong. Suddenly a guy from work was there and he was trying to help but I just asked him what the number was for the local cops. And he was giving it to me in numbers and letters and the letters to numbers was all scrambled on my phone. At some point Im having dinner with this guy and his GF and she starts trying to talk to me about music and names 2 artists I never heard of (but Im sure Hoy, Tom or Heston would know). I just laughed and told her I dont listen to that sort of music. Then I see some phone books and I start trying to look up a number but the phone book isnt alphabetical. Finally the guy at this pizza place says he can call with his phone. He dials the number but then wont give me his phone to talk. Then my alarm went off.
Very Kafkaesque.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Cool, dream aphasia!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 7:53am
revbob wrote:
Cool, dream aphasia!
Very common theme in my dreams for as long as I can remember. Often I cant see altogether or I just cant see what I need or want to see.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 9:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Cool, dream aphasia!
Very common theme in my dreams for as long as I can remember. Often I cant see altogether or I just cant see what I need or want to see.
Neat/frustrating. I'm skeptical of dream interpretation—that is, that there's some kind of master code book that applies to everyone—but that seems significant if your dreams don't offer clarity. What that means, who the hell knows.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 9:15am
revbob wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 9:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Cool, dream aphasia!
Neat/frustrating. I'm skeptical of dream interpretation—that is, that there's some kind of master code book that applies to everyone—but that seems significant if your dreams don't offer clarity. What that means, who the hell knows.
I used to and sometimes still do wonder if Im slowly losing my vision and this is me trying to tell myself. But I did have my vision checked recently and I got two Hoy thumbs up.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
Interesting Rev. I’ve had dreams where I couldn’t operate my phone too, like I had picked up someone else’s phone or the technology was just completely unfamiliar. Weird that it still happens after 20+ years of using a cell phone.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Had a dream late this morning that I was feeding my fish, and when I opened the lid on the tank to feed them, 10 of them swam out into the air and were swimming around the room. I corralled 5 of them and shooed them back into the tank, while the other 5 swam off into another room. I realized there was a running ceiling fan in the other room, and was worried they’d get wacked. When I found them, sure enough, they were up near the ceiling but had somehow avoided the fan. I pulled the chain on the fan but had difficulty getting it to shut off as it went through a few different speed settings. Finally after several tries I got the fan to shut off and got up on a chair to reach the fish. Near the ceiling I grabbed one of them in my hand. As I did so, I noticed another fish caught in a large spider web up against a strange wooden box mounted on the wall near the ceiling, like an old PA speaker as you’d find in a school classroom. There was a huge spider, with a body about 4cm across not including the legs, and it was trying to wrap the fish in its web like a fly. Another fish was pecking at the spider, as if defending the first fish. I started poking at the spider with my finger to get it to back off and it had a squishy body like a sack of liquid. As I was standing on the chair poking at this big ugly spider, I woke up.

Note: I don’t actually have large spider webs in my house, or of course PA speakers, but I did catch a couple small spiders by the ceiling a few days ago, as the warming weather has started to make them active. It was these fish, colorful little buggers about an inch long, which I posted a photo of in the pets thread a few months ago:

XenotocaLyonsiSm.jpg
XenotocaLyonsiSm.jpg (34.46 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:23am
Had a dream late this morning that I was feeding my fish, and when I opened the lid on the tank to feed them, 10 of them swam out into the air and were swimming around the room. I corralled 5 of them and shooed them back into the tank, while the other 5 swam off into another room. I realized there was a running ceiling fan in the other room, and was worried they’d get wacked. When I found them, sure enough, they were up near the ceiling but had somehow avoided the fan. I pulled the chain on the fan but had difficulty getting it to shut off as it went through a few different speed settings. Finally after several tries I got the fan to shut off and got up on a chair to reach the fish. Near the ceiling I grabbed one of them in my hand. As I did so, I noticed another fish caught in a large spider web up against a strange wooden box mounted on the wall near the ceiling, like an old PA speaker as you’d find in a school classroom. There was a huge spider, with a body about 4cm across not including the legs, and it was trying to wrap the fish in its web like a fly. Another fish was pecking at the spider, as if defending the first fish. I started poking at the spider with my finger to get it to back off and it had a squishy body like a sack of liquid. As I was standing on the chair poking at this big ugly spider, I woke up.

Note: I don’t actually have large spider webs in my house, or of course PA speakers, but I did catch a couple small spiders by the ceiling a few days ago, as the warming weather has started to make them active. It was these fish, colorful little buggers about an inch long, which I posted a photo of in the pets thread a few months ago:

XenotocaLyonsiSm.jpg
As a fellow fish fan, this dream was harrowing.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:31am
Kimmelweck wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:23am

XenotocaLyonsiSm.jpg
As a fellow fish fan, this dream was harrowing.
Yes! It was bad enough realizing, oh great, they can swim out of the tank? Then the fan. Then the spider. Ugh. And I released the spiders I caught a few days ago. They had no business haunting my dreams. :lol: