The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:24pm
I'm still waiting for the web-slinging ability that Pfizer is supposed to provide, but I guess it takes a couple weeks.
I look forward to smashing you, puny webman.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:28pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
I'm still waiting for the web-slinging ability that Pfizer is supposed to provide, but I guess it takes a couple weeks.
If you can catch me, Greenie. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:16pm
Literally the mildest needle I've ever received. If I didn't know I was getting it, I wouldn't have been aware. Now I wait until dark to turn into the Hulk.
Congratulations Doc & welcome to the club! How many days until your 2nd shot?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Literally the mildest needle I've ever received. If I didn't know I was getting it, I wouldn't have been aware. Now I wait until dark to turn into the Hulk.
They've awarded me 17 September for the second one, tho they said it could change. So that's, what, four and a half months?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Stupid webman, Hulk fast!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 2:57pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They've awarded me 17 September for the second one, tho they said it could change. So that's, what, four and a half months?
Wow, 4 months huh? I wonder why the AstraZeneca has such a long wait between doses?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
06 May 2021, 3:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wow, 4 months huh? I wonder why the AstraZeneca has such a long wait between doses?
I suspect it's more the flaming car wreck of Ontario's vaccination program. I'm far from a nationalist or proud of my country by any stretch, but it's fucking embarrassing that a nation with universal health coverage is being seriously lapped by the US when it comes to vaccination. Elect a clown as premier, expect to live in the circus.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Not as fast as your friendly neighborhood Pfizerman!
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 3:06pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I suspect it's more the flaming car wreck of Ontario's vaccination program. I'm far from a nationalist or proud of my country by any stretch, but it's fucking embarrassing that a nation with universal health coverage is being seriously lapped by the US when it comes to vaccination. Elect a clown as premier, expect to live in the circus.
I Googled it, appears AstraZeneca may have a higher effectiveness after the first dosage at 76%. Down south here, we're mainly getting the Pfizer & Moderna, with J&J starting to reappear.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 May 2021, 3:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Not as fast as your friendly neighborhood Pfizerman!
ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
06 May 2021, 3:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I Googled it, appears AstraZeneca may have a higher effectiveness after the first dosage at 76%. Down south here, we're mainly getting the Pfizer & Moderna, with J&J starting to reappear.
What I read is that we're 75% immune for contracting it on the first dose, and 100% immune for a fatal experience if we do. And the immediate side effects are much less ugly. The Boss's arm where she got the needle is itchy, but I've got nothing thus far.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 3:37pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What I read is that we're 75% immune for contracting it on the first dose, and 100% immune for a fatal experience if we do. And the immediate side effects are much less ugly. The Boss's arm where she got the needle is itchy, but I've got nothing thus far.
Ok you're showing up on the map now. Do you have a desire to abandon your Apple ways yet?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Ok you're showing up on the map now. Do you have a desire to abandon your Apple ways yet?
Nope. I guess the Jobs vaccine I got back in '98 is still too dominant. Still, if someone gave me a Surface, I'd accept it, so maybe there's something going on.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:18pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Nope. I guess the Jobs vaccine I got back in '98 is still too dominant. Still, if someone gave me a Surface, I'd accept it, so maybe there's something going on.
The second dose is the clincher.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2021, 6:18pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

The second dose is the clincher.
So I'm going to start seeing Clippy whenever I need advice?