1%

Total votes: 114

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Greatest Album of 1979 - Preliminary Round 1

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 May 2021, 8:39am
Head Injuries by Midnight Oil was another great 1979 release.
Ooh yeah definitely. Not as good as Countdown or Red Sails, but a classic nonetheless. What a tremendous band.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
13 May 2021, 9:16am
Flex wrote:
12 May 2021, 8:42pm
Also, in a slight counter to the usual '79 trend, Devo released their weakest of their first three LPs that year, Duty Now For the Future. A fine record, but the releases on either side of that one are more important and better. 79 doesn't quite win them all, I suppose.
I still think Secondhand Daylight is a great album, but I prefer Magazine’s releases on either side of 79 as well.
My only beef with Real Life is that it's a song too short but it's got just the right mood. Daylight may be my favorite. It's just so pleasingly cold, though I do echo the usual critique that the guitar needs a bit of a boost. And I may actually prefer the live version of Feed the Enemy. And Soap is, of course, completely untouchable.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:12pm
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Also, in a slight counter to the usual '79 trend, Devo released their weakest of their first three LPs that year, Duty Now For the Future. A fine record, but the releases on either side of that one are more important and better. 79 doesn't quite win them all, I suppose.
I still think Secondhand Daylight is a great album, but I prefer Magazine’s releases on either side of 79 as well.
My only beef with Real Life is that it's a song too short but it's got just the right mood. Daylight may be my favorite. It's just so pleasingly cold, though I do echo the usual critique that the guitar needs a bit of a boost. And I may actually prefer the live version of Feed the Enemy. And Soap is, of course, completely untouchable.
Try some full fat yoghurt. I mean who are you Bob Geldof?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:37pm
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Gross, on both scores.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:37pm
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Gross, on both scores.
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty