The Mighty Pizza Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mighty Pizza Thread

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 12:32pm
revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 12:05pm

Yeah I agree on the toppings. I lean the same way on sandwiches. I have a friend who tries to get so much shit on his sandwiches.
I never understood this. I rarely order a burger out because it always just a mess. Most places give you like a half pound of meat which is just too much for me. I think when McDonald's came out with their Quarter Pounder in the 70s it was considered a big burger and now it looks tiny. The whole purpose of a sandwich is that you can pick it up and eat it with minimal mess. If you can't bite the thing without making a giant mess it sort of defeats the point.

Back to pizza... I'm going to get some take-out bar pie for dinner. I might go for the bean special at the Lynwood.

What is that?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 11:51am
revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 11:04am

Yeah I'm good with broccoli but I don't want it on my pizza either cauliflower is nasty in every form. People can fuck right off with their cauliflower rice.
I like my pizza light on toppings. I think we Americans have some idea in our heads that we're being cheated unless there's a gross pile of food in front of us. Pizza is an eat with your hands food for me. If there is too much stuff on there to pick it up by the crust, fold it in half with one hand and stick it in your food hole.

Extra point if you use the paper plate as a catch basin for the oil.

The best bit, got to soak up the crust with the grease.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 1:36pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 12:32pm
revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 12:05pm

Yeah I agree on the toppings. I lean the same way on sandwiches. I have a friend who tries to get so much shit on his sandwiches.
I never understood this. I rarely order a burger out because it always just a mess. Most places give you like a half pound of meat which is just too much for me. I think when McDonald's came out with their Quarter Pounder in the 70s it was considered a big burger and now it looks tiny. The whole purpose of a sandwich is that you can pick it up and eat it with minimal mess. If you can't bite the thing without making a giant mess it sort of defeats the point.

Back to pizza... I'm going to get some take-out bar pie for dinner. I might go for the bean special at the Lynwood.

What is that?
Bean Special (Boston Baked Beans, Onion, Salami)$10.10

http://lynwoodcafe.com/menu.php
Gilson is partial to Town Spa pizza in Stoughton. But on this tour we sampled the legendary “bean special” pizza at Lynwood Cafe in Randolph, made with Boston baked beans and tiny bits of salami and onion, and chased it with frosty bottles of Bud Heavy. Nearby Hoey’s, a classic hidden gem located inside Randolph Amvets Post 51, serves a similar baked bean pizza.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I saw a similar article about this yesterday and my first thought was gagging followed by I guess they're making the best of a bad situation.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Sparky wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 9:10am
I saw a similar article about this yesterday and my first thought was gagging followed by I guess they're making the best of a bad situation.
I was out east the last time there was a lot of cicadas and I saw them advertised more than once on menus. I sort of wish I would have at least tried something, but I was younger and a less brave.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory & Hoy wrote:Road trip!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 9:55am
I would at least try it. I've had grasshoppers and crickets before, so I can't imagine it's too different from that.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

BitterTom wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 2:34pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 11:51am
revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 11:04am

Yeah I'm good with broccoli but I don't want it on my pizza either cauliflower is nasty in every form. People can fuck right off with their cauliflower rice.
I like my pizza light on toppings. I think we Americans have some idea in our heads that we're being cheated unless there's a gross pile of food in front of us. Pizza is an eat with your hands food for me. If there is too much stuff on there to pick it up by the crust, fold it in half with one hand and stick it in your food hole.

Extra point if you use the paper plate as a catch basin for the oil.

The best bit, got to soak up the crust with the grease.
Hello,

I grew up on this kind of pizza - very New York-ish. If the pizza is really good, you don't need a bunch of toppings.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I would at least try it. I've had grasshoppers and crickets before, so I can't imagine it's too different from that.
Do know for a fact that you're not a skunk?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 1:04pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I submit that I don't know anything for sure. How do I even know we're seeing colors the same? #highschoolphilosophy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 1:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I submit that I don't know anything for sure. How do I even know we're seeing colors the same? #highschoolphilosophy
Don't preach tolerance if you won't accept Nazis. #freshmanphilosophy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 3:05pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"PSHHHHHHH So much for the tolerant left" is my favorite repeated phrase.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 3:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

They're the real racists because they don't think white lives matter.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 3:32pm
Kory wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 3:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

They're the real racists because they don't think white lives matter.
I have one libertarian friend. We were debating BLM and related topics about a year ago, and he said he thought that the "all lives matter" people AREN'T racist, but that they're reacting with a simple, honest misunderstanding of what "black lives matter" means. I said you gotta be pretty willfully ignorant to "misunderstand" BLM at this point, regardless of what you think of it.